Why are footprints from legendaries so different in terms of visibility?

I'm just wondering here, since legendaries are kind of a "for shows" thing,because they don't offer any stat upgrades or anything.. we just get them to look cool,why are some footprints so visibile and others not so much?You can see someone with a twilight from the other side of the map,but you will hardly ever notice the footprints from a bifrost or dreamer even if you are a meter away,why is that? Shouldn't they be more consistent?

Legendary footfalls get updated as the issues are noted usually, i wouldn't know why they were made inconsistent especially as gen 1 legendaries account for half and ive only been here for the last 5 g2s, but i imagine something to do with developed at different times with different ideas in mind. I'd say: if you can think of a legendary with footfalls that need to improved, then name it & suggest how, there are 35 or so in existence afterall.

@Dreamy Lu.3865 said:I am not sure, but I find that a rather good thing. Not everybody like the same. I can imagine that many players appreciate to have more discreet visual effects, while others prefer more visible. The way it is now ensure sufficient variety. :)

That would make sense sure, but one does not choose a weapon because of its footfalls.. I love my bifrost, but I hate the fact that not even I can properly see its effects xDThen I see almost anyone with a new legendary and their effects are so shiny u.uI also really like the dreamer, but the footfalls are sooo small, you can't really see them if you are not zooming in.I do agree though with your idea, but I think that anyone that actually buys/crafts a rainbow glowing weapon clearly likes shiny effects right? lol

@El Psy Congroo.7965 said:

That would make sense sure, but one does not choose a weapon because of its footfalls.. I love my bifrost, but I hate the fact that not even I can properly see its effects xD

Have to disappoint you.... My very first legendary was the Kudzu and I did it only due to the footfalls........ I was in love with them. Same for my next one, Meteorlogicus. Don't underestimate that. Players do legendary weapons for all sort of reasons. In my case, it is purely based on loving the appearance and the visual effects. :3

I'm surprised to see the Dreamer mentioned as one with barely visible footsteps, I always thought the rainbow horseshoes were quite noticable, especially since they stand out against most terrain unlike the darker ones from other legendaries which only really show up clearly on a light coloured surface.

But personally I'm glad the Bifrost's footsteps aren't more noticable. It's already got a rainbow trail effect (even when stowed) and a glow around the character, I think adding bigger/brighter footsteps to that as well would be a bit too much. You might not see the trail of footprints, but I can't imagine you'd miss that someone going past has The Bifrost (unless there's dozens of people around or a fight going on of course).

To try and answer the question though I suspect it's down to artistic choice - what kind of footsteps the artist/s working on it think look appropriate and how big/bright they think those should be. Maybe they could be more standardised, but I prefer having a variety of legendaries with different kinds of effects to suit different characters rather than having them all be too similar.

@Danikat.8537 said:I'm surprised to see the Dreamer mentioned as one with barely visible footsteps, I always thought the rainbow horseshoes were quite noticable, especially since they stand out against most terrain unlike the darker ones from other legendaries which only really show up clearly on a light coloured surface.

But personally I'm glad the Bifrost's footsteps aren't more noticable. It's already got a rainbow trail effect (even when stowed) and a glow around the character, I think adding bigger/brighter footsteps to that as well would be a bit too much. You might not see the trail of footprints, but I can't imagine you'd miss that someone going past has The Bifrost (unless there's dozens of people around or a fight going on of course).

To try and answer the question though I suspect it's down to artistic choice - what kind of footsteps the artist/s working on it think look appropriate and how big/bright they think those should be. Maybe they could be more standardised, but I prefer having a variety of legendaries with different kinds of effects to suit different characters rather than having them all be too similar.

I guess you are right, maybe I don't notice it too much because I'm a small Thief too.I do think that the bifrost and dreamer are not for everyone though,they are supposed to be this flashy weapons, don't get why someone that wants a not so flashy weapon would go for a bifrost,but yeah.. everyone has their own taste :)

Archived