Did ... did the mesmer patch (12.11.18) just do what i think they did...

Lucas.3718

@Lucas.3718 said:well chrono can still tank the boss with all the distorts and blocks and so on, he just wont be able to be that broken support .

@Diobolica.8523 said:We could not get the 100cm done this evening; tried switching around classes / builds; Boon-crono could not hold his place (not enough boons not enough damage) and he switch to pdps - still failed the clear. (Get good - I Know)The point is that there was not enough benefit to having a chrono in party (skills got changed peeps put CC breaks on - dps got lower ect); so at this point it seems without significant re-adjustment a whole group of players who were prepare to play the role are no longer wanted in the content. (sure we could say they are now out of jail)- but eh... And if it takes too long to adjust this class (by I don't know say ramping up dps on par with other classes to compensate for no-buff-here-anymore or so other role of use ) then there will be none left who will want to play the role; or invest the time in farming for the gear they have stat changed for use on a different character.PSLots seem to be laughing about it in LA and elsewhere , but these changes do more than just effect Mesmer's - check your clearance times; dps logs; mechanic trips ect you will not like the numbers.

Any hew/

Good hunting o7

Thats too bad. I see people clearing it solo on holo. In fact i beat cm many times without a chrono. Fb/renegade will get the job done without chrono or druid.

I pretty much agree with almost everything mentioned so far in this thread. This was an incredibly bad decision. It almost feels like whoever made that decision never really played raids or high tier fractals. Anet you seriously need to consider undoing the SOI changes. You pretty much completely and utterly eliminated an entire class (Boon-Sharing chronos) from the game. It also seems like they are completely oblivious on how much effort and time it takes to make and equip a Chrono.

Happy kitten winterday... The chrono nerf just sucked the wind out of my sails and I went from excited to don't care about winterday. I had been playing chrono for awhile as a foray into playing support for the first time instead of straight DPS. Ran fractals with some friends who were just joking about all the crying over the chrono nerf, and how chrono deserved it. So I played chrono like I always do in fractals with them and they died, and their DPS was horrible, and there was weeping and gnashing of teeth - then they were like "play it right man, enough is enough, we need you to play it right - we're sorry about ragging on the chrono". Me, "I am playing it right - that nerf you were celebrating, said chronos had it coming... they didn't nerf me near so much as they nerfed you. Chrono is a support. Your dps was great because my boons made it great and without them you suck again. When I realized you couldn't dodge the big one and shared aegis so you didn't die - now you die because I couldn't share my lunch with a chrono now. The funniest part is that you celebrated your own hurt.". No more support playing for me - I got attached to a class, felt like I was doing more good than mindlessly dodging and maintaining my rotation as I do when playing DPS. All the time and effort gearing full ascended commanders - wasted. All the time and money spent crafting sigils of concentration - wasted. All the time spent re-learning my rotations after the last chrono nerf - wasted. As for complaints about raid toxicity - buckle up sparky, I'm already seeing people asking for 20k or better unbuffed DPS on the golem in raid groups I'm in. They've done the math and you just cant get the clear by replacing a chrono with 4 other supports. They need only players who can drop serious DPS, dodge, and make every mechanic. Maybe now is the time to ask again for a built in DPS meter in the client (especially since macs don't have arcdps avaliable and bgdm is banned) - because without the chrono, it's a necessity now. Glad I was never stupid enough to go support firebrand because that got nerfed too. But I think what made me happiest was seeing my distressed friends sharing my pain as they died over and over unable to clear the fractal without boons. I think it drove home that nerfing chronos to useless was not me as a chrono getting what was comming to me - but a day of recoking for less skilled players who just shut themsleves out of content until they improve massively. As for me - I had been raiding and running T4's on my holosmith, firebrand, spellbreaker/banner(easy transition), and deadeye for quite some time before I took up chrono to fill a gap. I'll be fine - I have 8 other characters to play, just madder than a cat being given a bath about chrono being killed - and I don't think I'll be suckered into playing support again after this.

@"LucianDK.8615" said:Chronos needed to be downsized, be realistic about it. Nerfs hurts, but theyve been too domineering for too long. Doing too many things and having too many boons.

Don't worry dude, your renegade class won't make it into the meta! You know why? Because in a group chrono will provide alacrity and fb will bring quickness and every other boon and chrono will SoI them (boons). So your "yeee chrono was nerfed" its useless for your class, its still out.

I dont get why people think that Chrono got nerfed in PvE.You can prestack 1min of boons in fractals and in raids, once you get your boons you basically never lose them. Sure you need to wait 3 seconds to applie them if you dont run timewarp, but you need to wait ~3 seconds anyway since thats when boons get stripped in fractals.

New SoI ignores the quickness and alacrity cap. The only thing that got nerfed is CC and Chaos traitline. Support Chronos good a good amount of damage though, since they dont need any boon duration to actually get stuff done. Overall a really good patch imo.

Chrono is most likely not dead. We will see how/if metacomp changes but fact is that double chrono can still provide perma alacrity and quickness. With the changes to signet of inspiration, druid (or other mightstacker) dont have to run any boon duration because signet "gives" 25 might for 5 seconds each 20 seconds (and with 2 chronos 10 seconds). In fact I have hearee of runs where chronos were nowhere near 100bd and they still provided perma boons. We will see what will become meta but lets not rule chrono out yet

@RaidsAreEasyAF.8652 said:I dont get why people think that Chrono got nerfed in PvE.You can prestack 1min of boons in fractals and in raids, once you get your boons you basically never lose them. Sure you need to wait 3 seconds to applie them if you dont run timewarp, but you need to wait ~3 seconds anyway since thats when boons get stripped in fractals.

New SoI ignores the quickness and alacrity cap. The only thing that got nerfed is CC and Chaos traitline. Support Chronos good a good amount of damage though, since they dont need any boon duration to actually get stuff done. Overall a really good patch imo.

The UI is full trash, making it impossible to see who has which boon. Also to do this by relying on wells that tick at the end is utterly ridiculous.

I play 90% WvW so I guess now as far as zerg play goes there's nothing fun now for me. I hate firebrand and am bored to tears with defanged scourge. Everything else is undesirable in squads now, accept for rev too I guess. Look like another 3-6 month break. Maybe they'll fix this screwy "balance" and meta.

Archived