Ask WvW community for opinions before balance patches.

Arctisavange.7261

Nothing hard nor fancy:

1. You make + apply a patch.
  2. You send an link/mail to ONLY WvW players who have achieved ATLEAST rank 1000 (rank number is up to you).
  3. Get feedback.
  4. Be surprised how many people actually are upset/satisfied with the patches applied.

Now WvW ranks obviously do not show overall class knowledge but it does restrict more clueless people in participating towards giving feedback. Atleast with certain fixated minimum rank you do gain the foundation knowledge of your frequently played class (or classes).

If you wont set in any restrictions on from whom to ask feedback from then it will be the same "knife in the back stabbing" when the last time you guys made a poll and asked what to do with red borderland. The stabbing part was asking opinion from EVERYONE (that includes a massive PVE population who doesnt play WvW) and based on that made an unwanted decision that many regular WvW players were against.

Oh who am i kidding..its anet..they dont ask opinions from anyone and make their very experienced class change decisions from ranger game plays.

@"Jski.6180" said:Go look at the class forms nothing in the last few balance patches is ever close to what they want. There is no way anet is looking at its player base feed back.

This. It's essentially just "ehh, Full Counter was fine for a year.... what the hell, 50% DAMAGE NERF, haHAAA! Go reroll class or uninstall".

No, this is a terrible idea. People already can't agree on what they think needs to be balanced.I feel as though I can accurately predict the feedback that ANET would mostly get in your suggestion:

"Buff my preferred profession. Nerf the professions that have tools to deal with my preferred profession."

@Jski.6180 said:Go look at the class forms nothing in the last few balance patches is ever close to what they want. There is no way anet is looking at its player base feed back.

That is part of the problem. No one who mains a class is ever (mostly ever) happy with a nerf.

It is always: nerf the other guy’s class because it’s OP. Constantly.

Rarely will you see a WvW post where the player who mains that class comes in and says: my class is OP. Nerf it.

Look at the past year. Each class has been hit by a significant enough nerf that hurt its inclusion in at least one of the Metas. An occasional buff has taken place to move a left behind class into the Meta.

And with all the complaints about condi, they toned it down, now people complain about getting one shot. Which again, when you explore some of the changes, is why some of these changes were implemented.

@"Turk.5460" said:No, this is a terrible idea. People already can't agree on what they think needs to be balanced.I feel as though I can accurately predict the feedback that ANET would mostly get in your suggestion:

"Buff my preferred profession. Nerf the professions that have tools to deal with my preferred profession."

Wish I could thumb up AND helpful this post.

There are two far superior ways to go about it if you are going for input from players with experience:

• Talk to primary commanders and guild leaders from guilds with some renown, those are not that hard to find and produce alot of the content in WvW
  • Actively engage in discussions and moderation with the community on the forums in a way where oppinion does not drench out argumentation

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Jski.6180 said:Go look at the class forms nothing in the last few balance patches is ever close to what they want. There is no way anet is looking at its player base feed back.

That is part of the problem. No one who mains a class is ever (mostly ever) happy with a nerf.

It is always: nerf the other guy’s class because it’s OP. Constantly.

Rarely will you see a WvW post where the player who mains that class comes in and says: my class is OP. Nerf it.

Look at the past year. Each class has been hit by a significant enough nerf that hurt its inclusion in at least one of the Metas. An occasional buff has taken place to move a left behind class into the Meta.

And with all the complaints about condi, they toned it down, now people complain about getting one shot. Which again, when you explore some of the changes, is why some of these changes were implemented.

Actually, in my guild one of best, everyone was saying guard and necro are broken... But noone listens to hardcore players. Let's make everything for the casual.

@"Arctisavange.7261" said:If you wont set in any restrictions on from whom to ask feedback from then it will be the same "knife in the back stabbing" when the last time you guys made a poll and asked what to do with red borderland. The stabbing part was asking opinion from EVERYONE (that includes a massive PVE population who doesnt play WvW) and based on that made an unwanted decision that many regular WvW players were against.

I'm a regular WvW player and I voted to keep Desert Borderlands...

S> @Jeknar.6184 said:

@"Arctisavange.7261" said:If you wont set in any restrictions on from whom to ask feedback from then it will be the same "knife in the back stabbing" when the last time you guys made a poll and asked what to do with red borderland. The stabbing part was asking opinion from EVERYONE (that includes a massive PVE population who doesnt play WvW) and based on that made an unwanted decision that many regular WvW players were against.

I'm a regular WvW player and I voted to keep Desert Borderlands...

Many others did as well. It may have had something to do with how the poll was worded.

@"subversiontwo.7501" said:There are two far superior ways to go about it if you are going for input from players with experience:

• Talk to primary commanders and guild leaders from guilds with some renown, those are not that hard to find and produce alot of the content in WvW
  • Actively engage in discussions and moderation with the community on the forums in a way where oppinion does not drench out argumentation

That's tough cuz those "renowned" commanders tend to look at wvw around their playstyle. Or much worse, they lead dead guilds. better off asking a pvx guild, same result.

So, uh... what would happen if the "WvW community" had their way instead? Hm, lets see...

• Mesmer deleted
  • Stealth deleted
  • Dodging deleted
  • Downed state deleted
  • Revive deleted
  • Necro AoE deleted
  • All invouln deleted
  • Guardian staff 1 reverted
  • Siege deleted
  • Doors and walls deleted
  • New option to report dueling as abuse
  • WvW map cap reduced to 30
  • WvW now only allows guild raids

@"Dawdler.8521" said:So, uh... what would happen if the "WvW community" had their way instead? Hm, lets see...

• Mesmer deleted
  • Stealth deleted
  • Dodging deleted
  • Downed state deleted
  • Revive deleted
  • Necro AoE deleted
  • All invouln deleted
  • Guardian staff 1 reverted
  • Siege deleted
  • Doors and walls deleted
  • New option to report dueling as abuse
  • WvW map cap reduced to 30
  • WvW now only allows guild raids

Sounds great when's the patch

@shiri.4257 said:

@"subversiontwo.7501" said:There are two far superior ways to go about it if you are going for input from players with experience:

That's tough cuz those "renowned" commanders tend to look at wvw around their playstyle. Or much worse, they lead dead guilds. better off asking a pvx guild, same result.

They still produce content and others consume content, there is no playstyle from those who do not tag or take initiative to create their own content. If the guilds are dead they do not. Finding out who's alive isn't hard. All it takes is paying attention.

Archived