Jump to content
  • Sign Up

LW4E5 New Map (Spoilers)


Rikimaru.7890

Recommended Posts

So according to the trailer:

It will be Thunderhead Keep. However, I don't see how is that related to Glint?? It makes sense with Ogden being related to it as that is where the Ascended defeated Dagnar Stonepate and his Stone Summit. But, Glint not really, it has far more relation to the White Mantle as that's where Confessor Dorian also met his end at the hands of the Ascended. Confessor Dorian was one of the founders of the White Mantle, who took command after Saul D'Alessio was taken by the Mursaat. So it could be said he was the 2nd most important member of the White Mantle right after Saul D'Alessio.Anyway, if you want to know where it will be located then it should be somewhere north of Desert Highlands in the Southern Shiverpeaks.Personally I'm disappointed with the location, don't get me it is a location that is rich in lore, but I was really hoping to get to visit the Hidden City of Ahdashim.If you are curious what that place is, then as the name implies is a hidden city full of treasure guarded by many Djinn. The entrance to it should be somewhere in the NE part of the Domain of Vabbi. Well guess there is always hope it will be in episode 6.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@"Rikimaru.7890" said:So according to the trailer:

It will be Thunderhead Keep. However, I don't see how is that related to Glint?? It makes sense with Ogden being related to it as that is where the Ascended defeated Dagnar Stonepate and his Stone Summit. But, Glint not really, it has far more relation to the White Mantle as that's where Confessor Dorian also met his end at the hands of the Ascended. Confessor Dorian was one of the founders of the White Mantle, who took command after Saul D'Alessio was taken by the Mursaat. So it could be said he was the 2nd most important member of the White Mantle right after Saul D'Alessio.Anyway, if you want to know where it will be located then it should be somewhere north of Desert Highlands in the Southern Shiverpeaks.Personally I'm disappointed with the location, don't get me it is a location that is rich in lore, but I was really hoping to get to visit the Hidden City of Ahdashim.If you are curious what that place is, then as the name implies is a hidden city full of treasure guarded by many Djinn. The entrance to it should be somewhere in the NE part of the Domain of Vabbi. Well guess there is always hope it will be in episode 6.

I would think Adashim could form part of a raid wing if they continue the story from the last wing. I can't see it being episode 6. I suspect that is setting up the big fight in the same way end of LS1 was focussed on one big meta fight. Killing/fighting an Elder Dragon as solely part of a story instance would be a monstrous disappointment after all. Wherever we go in Ep 6, then it's to finish the fight. The Hidden City does not fit that.

Thunderhead did strike me as odd too though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thunderhead Keep is/ was a mission map in Guild wars 1.Within the last generation, Thunderhead Keep has become the capital of the Deldrimor nation. Since the Stone Summit uprising, it has served double duty as both the royal court to King Jalis Ironhammer and as the last line of defense for the good Dwarves of Deldrimor.https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Thunderhead_Keep_(outpost)https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Thunderhead_Keephttps://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Southern_Shiverpeaks_Label.jpg

We recently had a letter in game from Caithe telling us that the Brotherhood knew more than they were letting on.

The Brotherhood of the Dragon is an organization of dwarves who maintain a connection with the dragon Glint. They have a shrine in Droknar's Forge, where a Vision of Glint can be summoned. Members of the Brotherhood are also encountered in the Battledepths and Central Transfer Chamber. Although some other dwarves see this connection to Glint as blasphemous to their beliefs in the Great Dwarf, the Brotherhood is not truly interested in a spiritual connection, but rather the practical applications of Glint's prophecy and foresight abilities.https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Brotherhood_of_the_Dragon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A side comment on the trailer: I am thrilled by how they handled the Commander's interrupted line. In AFC's and AMA's they've said that doing overlapping dialogue to make interruptions feel natural isn't really feasible (ie you just have to put up with the interrupted person cutting off and then a noticeable gap before whatever words interrupted them actually occur). So here we get a sharp gesture from Ogden and the Commander stopping talking mid phrase is totally natural. YAY.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I assume it's something to do with the Brotherhood of the Dragon. After the forgotten they were Glint's original followers and one of the few groups who retained information about the last time the dragons rose.

At the moment we still don't know how to kill Kralk, or how to avoid Aurene dying like in her vision/s. But it seems Glint's original plan (or one of her plans) was to kill him and have her or one of her children take over, so it's possible she had ideas concerning both issues and the Brotherhood are likely to have had that information, if anyone did.

If that's not it then I have no idea why we're going there, other than because Kralk is teleporting around so it could be anywhere, and maybe someone from Anet really wanted to revisit that map.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Danikat.8537 said:I assume it's something to do with the Brotherhood of the Dragon. After the forgotten they were Glint's original followers and one of the few groups who retained information about the last time the dragons rose.

At the moment we still don't know how to kill Kralk, or how to avoid Aurene dying like in her vision/s. But it seems Glint's original plan (or one of her plans) was to kill him and have her or one of her children take over, so it's possible she had ideas concerning both issues and the Brotherhood are likely to have had that information, if anyone did.

If that's not it then I have no idea why we're going there, other than because Kralk is teleporting around so it could be anywhere, and maybe someone from Anet really wanted to revisit that map.

Well, I think seers are a possibility ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@"Flaming.4250" said:Thunderhead Keep is/ was a mission map in Guild wars 1.Within the last generation, Thunderhead Keep has become the capital of the Deldrimor nation. Since the Stone Summit uprising, it has served double duty as both the royal court to King Jalis Ironhammer and as the last line of defense for the good Dwarves of Deldrimor.https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Thunderhead_Keep_(outpost)https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Thunderhead_Keephttps://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Southern_Shiverpeaks_Label.jpg

slight correction there, Thunderhead Keep was the capital of Deldrimor Dwarves, but was taken over by the Stone Summits before GW: ProphecyDuring GW:Prophecy, we helped Deldrimor Dwarves to retake Thunderhead Keep

but since Droknar's Forge (the old capital of Deldrimor Dwarves, and where Glint's Shrine was in GW) has sunk and Glint's shrine is nowhere to be seen in the ruins, possibly Ogden or someone had moved Glint's shrine to Thunderhead Keep before Droknar's Forge sank?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@sorudo.9054 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:if it's gonna be thunderhead keeps it's gonna be a really small map

I think the map is Thunderhead Peaks, which contains THK.

there is no peaks in keeps tho ;)

Right, but I said peaks contain the keep, not the other way around. THK, in gw1 was in the mountains.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...