Episode 5: All or Nothing Trailer Discussion.

Michram.6853

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Artyport.2084 said:Is it possible we will find a secret stash of glints other eggs? I mean she had a ton in her lair in gw1

Aurenes egg was the very last of those eggs or at least thats what we got told. However, in the Crystal Arcana mission, we also get told by Ogden that we where not meant to know who had given that egg to the Master of Peace and it would come in time, perhaps Glint had another child that survived and was taking care of the eggs?

@Dante.1763 said:

@"Arden.7480" said:

Is that Glint's head behind Aurene?

a reborn(deathbranded) Vlast

Doubt it. Vlast didn't leave a corpse behind to corrupt, he sort of exploded into a storm of crystals and even these crystals are resistant to branding so much so that they can be repurposed as weapons against the branded.

I don't think Kralkatorrik can brand his grandkids or do anything to creatures that are already part of him besides kill them. It was probably why he was so eager to kill Glint when he woke up. He couldn't "retake" her and she was preparing to ultimately take his place.

A plan we hope to personally see to fruition in her legacy.

I had this pointed out to me cause i thought the same thing, but Kralkatoric explodes as well after you defeat him.

You're probably thinking of Balthazar.

@CETheLucid.3964 said:

@"Arden.7480" said:

Is that Glint's head behind Aurene?

a reborn(deathbranded) Vlast

Doubt it. Vlast didn't leave a corpse behind to corrupt, he sort of exploded into a storm of crystals and even these crystals are resistant to branding so much so that they can be repurposed as weapons against the branded.

I don't think Kralkatorrik can brand his grandkids or do anything to creatures that are already part of him besides kill them. It was probably why he was so eager to kill Glint when he woke up. He couldn't "retake" her and she was preparing to ultimately take his place.

A plan we hope to personally see to fruition in her legacy.

I had this pointed out to me cause i thought the same thing, but Kralkatoric explodes as well after you defeat him.

You're probably thinking of Balthazar.

I am not, i did however mean the Shatterer, and not Kralkatoric as i was talking about dead crystal dragons.

You pointed out that Vlast exploded. So too did in lore(does each time its defeated) the Shatterer. Since Kralkatoric can bring an exploded Shatterer back to life, i see no reason why he couldnt bring Vlast back if he chose to.

watch the video from 17 seconds in to 21 seconds.

What about the Shiverpeaks Bloodstone??

Isn't it in the Deldrimor Front? Maybe Kralkatorrik aims for that (beside finding Aurene)?

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Bloodstone_Caves

Also maybe Deepstone Fractal is placed somewhere near the Bloodstone? We can see the door in the end. Was this Mysterious Voice defending the entrance to the Bloodstone?

@"Arden.7480" said:What about the Shiverpeaks Bloodstone??

Isn't it in the Deldrimor Front? Maybe Kralkatorrik aims for that (beside finding Aurene)?

Also maybe Deepstone Fractal is placed somewhere near the Bloodstone? We can see the door in the end. Was this Mysterious Voice defending the entrance to the Bloodstone?

It would be great, because you can find an entrance to the caves

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bramble_Passhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Bloodstone_Caves_door.jpg

there, if anet was any good at connecting maps it would be a great way to do it!!

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

@"Teratus.2859" said:I don't like this.. I want to keep buying expansionsExpansions would still be necessary as focal points for new major gameplay mechanics, systems, and new landscape types. Not to mention, there are other major problems in the world that expansions could focus on.

Like, I could see a Cantha expansion focus more on helping some rebellion or w/e overthrow the ironically named "Empire of the Dragon", or at least forcing it to change its xenophobic, isolationist, policies.

That is true from a mechanical standpoint yes.. although you would think they would save the dragons for that considering how hugely important they are to the games main storyline.Adding to that mechanical factor as well it's something I feel of all things the Elder dragons will be the best way to show off those mechanics.Mordremoth for example took advantage of many new mechanics added with HoT as did Balthazar with PoF.. can we really expect the same from a Kralkatorrik fight in the living world?I'm a little skeptical although I do have a feeling we may end up fighting on his body.. destroying certain points much like the Titan boss in Spyro Dawn of the Dragon..His design change and the trailer segment showing his physical body moving past a peak does seem to suggest we're going to be getting up close and personal with this walking mountain so we'll see.

I would very much like to return to Cantha as well and did bring up a theory a while ago in another thread about loosing to Kralk and being forced to flee to Cantha to give Aurine the time she needs to grow up and become more powerful and giving us a whole new Canthan focused story ending up with the deafeat of the Sea Dragon (by trapping it in the Jade Sea) and replacing it with Kunnavang and Albax the two friendly Dragons of Cantha who would also serve as mentors for Aurine during our time there and eventually giving us the firepower we need to take Kralk down when we return to Tyria.. an older more powerful Aurine having 2 lesser Elder Dragons as back up would lead to one hell of a fight with Kralk :D

I still hope something like that may occur but I dunno.. at this point i'll be happy just to take a loss against Kralk and see where we go from there.

@"Narcemus.1348" said:I know I am probably reading too far into this, but in the PC's speech, he specifically says that "Glint believED in us," not believes in us. Since Glint has been dead already for a few decades, this leads me to wonder if Glint's soul won't get destroyed this episode. Part of me wonders if this speech we are shown isn't the last part of this episode, building up for the next and last episode. We'll just have to wait and see.

I wouldn't look too much into it, since Glint's dead even if we can barely interact with her. I mean, the whole thing is about the apparent last stage of her legacy involving Kralkatorrik, so she obviously believed others can beat him.

@"Arden.7480" said:What about the Shiverpeaks Bloodstone??

Bloodstone Caves was near Sparkly Swamp (now Sparkfly Fen). Pretty much the opposite side of the Shiverpeaks from Thunderhead Keep and Deldrimor Front. It's beneath the Steamspur Mountains, likely in that small unexplored area betwixt Dredgehaunt and Sparkfly.

Deepstone Fractal could be placed in Thunderhead Peaks though. I do not think it is related to the Bloodstone, however, as there is nothing even close to the Deepstone structure in GW1, and the dwarves didn't last long enough to do massive prison building on the scale of Deepstone after EotN, IMO.

@"Teratus.2859" said:I would very much like to return to Cantha as well and did bring up a theory a while ago in another thread about loosing to Kralk and being forced to flee to Cantha to give Aurine the time she needs to grow up and become more powerful and giving us a whole new Canthan focused story ending up with the deafeat of the Sea Dragon (by trapping it in the Jade Sea) and replacing it with Kunnavang and Albax the two friendly Dragons of Cantha who would also serve as mentors for Aurine during our time there and eventually giving us the firepower we need to take Kralk down when we return to Tyria.. an older more powerful Aurine having 2 lesser Elder Dragons as back up would lead to one hell of a fight with Kralk :D

I still hope something like that may occur but I dunno.. at this point i'll be happy just to take a loss against Kralk and see where we go from there.

The thing is, the entirety of the previous episode pretty much slapped it in the face that we do not have time to let Aurene grow before facing Kralkatorrik. Kralkatorrik simply is close to too powerful to die now that he's eating up the Mists.

It's kind of a "now or never" kind of scenario, hence the episode name: all or nothing. We either manage to kill Kralkatorrik now, or we never will and Kralkatorrik will destroy Tyria. There is no "one year later" with how they've built it up.

But then again, they managed to utterly and brutally destroy pretty much all the build up that Episodes 1 and 2 created for Joko with a single sentence ("The scarab plague only affects humans."). I wouldn't put it past them to utterly and brutally destroy all the build up they've managed with episode 4 and, by the sounds of it, 5 as well.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:The thing is, the entirety of the previous episode pretty much slapped it in the face that we do not have time to let Aurene grow before facing Kralkatorrik. Kralkatorrik simply is close to too powerful to die now that he's eating up the Mists.ThisNot to mention, Anet needs to leave something for the other Elder Dragons and their associated living world releases. Having Kralk fly off, especially to Cantha, would be dumb.

It was my theory that Kralkatorrik would fly off to Cantha, but that's never going to happen now. This episode looks like the season finale. Either we kill and replace or we start season 5 as a branded minion. First of all, the fact that all our allies appear gathered up strongly indicates that there is going to be a fight. Second, we have those shots of the dragon at the end of the trailer strongly hinting that we will be fighting him. Finally, we have the title. These are all hinting that this is the season finale. It would be completely anticlimactic to have Kralkatorrik just disappear again with a "to be continued". If we are actually defeated, then GW2 ends along with Tyria.

Another reason I think this is the season finale is simple math. If we had two seasons of 6 episodes each with roughly 3 or more months between, we would be looking at an expansion sometime in 2021. That's just too much of a gap. If we instead have 5 episodes each season, we could see the next expansion sometime in the second half of 2020.

@Fenar.4025 said:Another reason I think this is the season finale is simple math. If we had two seasons of 6 episodes each with roughly 3 or more months between, we would be looking at an expansion sometime in 2021. That's just too much of a gap. If we instead have 5 episodes each season, we could see the next expansion sometime in the second half of 2020.We know that LWS4 has 6 episodes. There is one more after this one before LWS5 starts.

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

@"Fenar.4025" said:Another reason I think this is the season finale is simple math. If we had two seasons of 6 episodes each with roughly 3 or more months between, we would be looking at an expansion sometime in 2021. That's just too much of a gap. If we instead have 5 episodes each season, we could see the next expansion sometime in the second half of 2020.We know that LWS4 has 6 episodes. There is one more after this one before LWS5 starts.

Where was this mentioned? They only said that they had an "explosive second half of the season" when we were on episode 3. Half of 5 is 2.5, but there's no such thing as an episode 2.5. If you round it, then you get episode 3 as halfway point. From the looks of this trailer, it looks like 5 is actually the end.

I am always excited for LW content, even though I know the story is rarely well executed... After we mowed through the scarab plague and joko in three episodes with very little loss, I have no doubt Kralk will be a similar situation. There's more at stake now, maybe we'll lose some allies at the end. But the story post-PoF has been sped up to a very unsatisfying degree imo. So I'm pretty sure we'll blaze through Kralk in the next two episodes and then we'll move onto something else in LW5.

@"Fenar.4025" said:Where was this mentioned? They only said that they had an "explosive second half of the season" when we were on episode 3. Half of 5 is 2.5, but there's no such thing as an episode 2.5. If you round it, then you get episode 3 as halfway point. From the looks of this trailer, it looks like 5 is actually the end.

A. Literally the very info-graphic you mentioned. The third episode came out, they released the info-graphic, "we are halfway through the season", 3 is half of 6.B. The ever useful That_Shaman who mines the game data and discovered, all the way back when Episode 1 came out and they released the Living World portal tome for this season, that there were 7 slots in the tome, labeled episode 1-7. This last release they renamed the episode 7 slot to Sun's Refuge, so we know there are 6 episodes. Which matches the info-graphic information.

@Fenar.4025 said:

@Fenar.4025 said:Another reason I think this is the season finale is simple math. If we had two seasons of 6 episodes each with roughly 3 or more months between, we would be looking at an expansion sometime in 2021. That's just too much of a gap. If we instead have 5 episodes each season, we could see the next expansion sometime in the second half of 2020.We know that LWS4 has 6 episodes. There is one more after this one before LWS5 starts.

Where was this mentioned? They only said that they had an "explosive second half of the season" when we were on episode 3. Half of 5 is 2.5, but there's no such thing as an episode 2.5. If you round it, then you get episode 3 as halfway point. From the looks of this trailer, it looks like 5 is actually the end.

It wasn't announced officially. However, both for Season 2 and Season 3, they announced their final episode as "the finale". There is no such statement for All or Nothing. Plus, there'd just be too much to do if this were the finale and would make it nearly twice the size of any other Season 4 episode. Granted, Episode 4 felt longer than 1-3 individually (as long as an episode and a half in comparison), but still it seems like we have too much to do for that.

We got to do more than just gather our allies, we need to find Aurene, find something to give us an edge (which is why we go to Thunderhead Peaks based), and then we need to lure Kralkatorrik / chase him down.

Based off of the trailer, we manage to do three of those things, though I doubt the last is at all intentional. But that third one, finding something to give us an advantage, is going to be the majority of the episode. I'm betting that our allies only gather up at the very end for a cliffhanger rallying speech. Anet showed with Episode 4 that they're no longer going to have us fight some mini-boss to close each episode, and are willing to end an episode on a massive cliffhanger. I feel Episode 5 will be the same.

Which, imo, is good, because that will make the episodes feel more coherent to each other.

I just hope the team that gave us Crack in the Ice, One Path Ends, and Long Live the Lich doesn't screw up again. I know they've switched folks up a bit over the years since Season 3 began, but still, the third release is always the worst of the three and manages to screw something up big time. First it was the annoying-as-hell boss fights, then it was the rather sad deliverance of a villain many vets were waiting for (granted this was an issue for the whole season), and third it was a fairly barren map with a gag death to one of the major villains. And now they handle the battle with Kralkatorrik.

@"Draygorn.7012" said:Yeah this episode looks to be the climax of the Kralkatorrik arc. We will find some way to confront him that doesn't require the commander or Aurene to be apart of the frontal assault. Many of our allies will sacrifice themselves to distract Kralk while the commander and Aurene manage to deal a sneaky blow to finish the dragon off. I'm guessing the "Tyria will be reshaped" part just means the branded areas will be cleansed by Aurene when she takes Kralk's place as elder dragon. I'm thinking that's how things will go down in a short summary.

Well this is war, people will die.On that I hope Eir will join us again, Trahearne, Any of the orders partners we chose, Blish(in his asura form), And more who fell in batte while trying to protect Tyria.Bring back all the alies we lost in the past will make this battle even more glories to me :)Bring Zojja back as well I miss her and hate to see her missing.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:I just hope the team that gave us Crack in the Ice, One Path Ends, and Long Live the Lich doesn't screw up again. I know they've switched folks up a bit over the years since Season 3 began, but still, the third release is always the worst of the three and manages to screw something up big time. First it was the annoying-as-hell boss fights, then it was the rather sad deliverance of a villain many vets were waiting for (granted this was an issue for the whole season), and third it was a fairly barren map with a gag death to one of the major villains. And now they handle the battle with Kralkatorrik.

My worry too

@ThatOddOne.4387 said:Well that trailer was underwhelming.

Didn't expect such cheery trailer after we completely lost the last battle- we lost Blish, Aurene is going to die if we fight Kralkatorrik, and Taimi is dying too.

What's the reason of the Commander's excitement... Please do not use the deus-ex-machina scenario... If they use Gods-ex-machina, I'll personally give everyone 1 gold, whoever wrote under this thread, if the Gods return that is. :))))

Bring the Six back! Make Kas get hiccups!

@Arden.7480 said:

@ThatOddOne.4387 said:Well that trailer was underwhelming.

Didn't expect such cheery trailer after we completely lost the last battle- we lost Blish, Aurene is going to die if we fight Kralkatorrik, and Taimi is dying too.

What's the reason of the Commander's excitement... Please do not use the deus-ex-machina scenario... If they use Gods-ex-machina, I'll personally give everyone 1 gold, whoever wrote under this thread, if the Gods return that is. :))))

I'm guessing we're going to learn more about what Vlast was really talking about in the memory crystals, about the powers Aurene has to master, and about the weapon that enables mortals to do the work of dragons. Aurene probably has to get the draconic equivalent of ascension and the blessing that Kormir received rolled into one.

@Arden.7480 said:

@"ThatOddOne.4387" said:Well that trailer was underwhelming.

I vote to they create a "gods connection" too. but unfortunately it is a sensitive topic due to the potential to appear Deus-ex-machine or a Trahearne syndrome, lots cries because "they stolen our protagonism".

Taimi in the Beast of War( https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Beast_of_War ) tried to explain us something about gods and exalted,

Taimi: Commander...

: Not now, Taimi.Taimi: (static)...In the Dragon Lab... (static)...Still doing..(static)...research on the...(static)...in Kesho...: I can't understand what you're saying.Taimi: (static) ...Sadizi said...(static) ...Balance...(static) ...Elder Dragons.....: I'll never make it across on foot.Taimi: ...Commander...Taimi: ...The Exalted...(static)...the gods...: What just happened? Why did it get quiet?: Taimi? Are you still there?

maybe, Aurene should learn from the Gods and the Exalted how to "share" magic or anything like that to bring the balance?

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

We know that LWS4 has 6 episodes. There is one more after this one before LWS5 starts.

It wasn't announced officially. However, both for Season 2 and Season 3, they announced their final episode as "the finale". There is no such statement for All or Nothing. Plus, there'd just be too much to do if this were the finale and would make it nearly twice the size of any other Season 4 episode. Granted, Episode 4 felt longer than 1-3 individually (as long as an episode and a half in comparison), but still it seems like we have too much to do for that.

We got to do more than just gather our allies, we need to find Aurene, find something to give us an edge (which is why we go to Thunderhead Peaks based), and then we need to lure Kralkatorrik / chase him down.

Based off of the trailer, we manage to do three of those things, though I doubt the last is at all intentional. But that third one, finding something to give us an advantage, is going to be the majority of the episode. I'm betting that our allies only gather up at the very end for a cliffhanger rallying speech. Anet showed with Episode 4 that they're no longer going to have us fight some mini-boss to close each episode, and are willing to end an episode on a massive cliffhanger. I feel Episode 5 will be the same.

Which, imo, is good, because that will make the episodes feel more coherent to each other.

I just hope the team that gave us Crack in the Ice, One Path Ends, and Long Live the Lich doesn't screw up again. I know they've switched folks up a bit over the years since Season 3 began, but still, the third release is always the worst of the three and manages to screw something up big time. First it was the annoying-as-hell boss fights, then it was the rather sad deliverance of a villain many vets were waiting for (granted this was an issue for the whole season), and third it was a fairly barren map with a gag death to one of the major villains. And now they handle the battle with Kralkatorrik.

You make very good points. Also, another one in your favor is that that_shaman discovered there was room for seven portal scrolls in the season 4 portal tome. That led people to suspect that we would get 7 episodes, but six is more likely because one slot was used for the refuge they added in the last episode.

However, I would not put it past Anet to do a surprise ending. They haven't explicitly stated how many total episodes there will be one way or another, which leads to speculations about when it will actually end.

@Dante.1763 said:

@AstralDusk.1670 said:So this presumable takes place just north of Desert Highlands.We're so close to connecting central Tyria to the desert!!

But we still wont have regular portals to run there ;)

I dunno. They added a portal between Jahai Bluffs and Domain of Kourna, and we got one between Domain of Vabbi and Jahai Bluffs, allowing someone to run from Desert Highlands to Domain of Kourna.

So it's possible that Episode 5 could be physically connected to Desert Highlands (or Timberline Falls I guess?). If Episode 6 were adjacent to a core, PoF, or S4 I'd imagine it'd also be opened via portal as well.

Let's hope for one connecting Fields of Ruin and Desert Highlands. Let's run from Gandara to Arah to Dragon's Domain!

Archived