Must suck to be new to pvp at the moment

witcher.3197

@Khalisto.5780 said:How many matches needed?

~60 assuming 50% winrate

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:Nah, why pollute the already horrible ranked matchmaking with more inexperienced players. Plus it doesn’t take all that long to reach rank 20. Unless you are only talking about letting them play other maps besides just one, then yeah that’s fine, idk why they would stick them to only one map.

Yes, I'm talking about un-stickying the new beta map from the map selection reel.

Besides, if they play almost exlusively unanked-only maps before unlocking ranked I'd argue that they are going to perform even worse than usual since they'll lack knowledge of any ranked maps..

@witcher.3197 said:

@Khalisto.5780 said:How many matches needed?

~60 assuming 50% winrate

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:Nah, why pollute the already horrible ranked matchmaking with more inexperienced players. Plus it doesn’t take all that long to reach rank 20. Unless you are only talking about letting them play other maps besides just one, then yeah that’s fine, idk why they would stick them to only one map.

Yes, I'm talking about un-stickying the new beta map from the map selection reel.

Besides, if they play almost exlusively unanked-only maps before unlocking ranked I'd argue that they are going to perform even worse than usual since they'll lack knowledge of any ranked maps..

Playing the beta map a bit more than the other maps is still (hopefully) going to teach them what they need to know. Map awareness, when/how to disengage, rotation, not to feed, communication, etc.Anet will un-sticky it when they decide the beta for it is over, which I imagine should be soon.

@spartan.9421 said:Playing the beta map a bit more than the other maps is still (hopefully) going to teach them what they need to know. Map awareness, when/how to disengage, rotation, not to feed, communication, etc.

This made me laugh so hard i spilt my eggnog.

When i had reach 60 games, i didn't even know how to change my pvp amulet and equipemnt. Let alone how to even enter a match.

@witcher.3197 said:Gotta grind 20 pvp ranks on almost nothing but the new map which is kind of a meh map

I'd probably quit the game before unlocking ranked

With new players probably coming in soon from Christmas sales could we please un-sticky this for them so they don't commit sudoku?

Yes, I too fear we will lose new players to a logic-based, combinatorial number-placement puzzle game.

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

@spartan.9421 said:Playing the beta map a bit more than the other maps is still (hopefully) going to teach them what they need to know. Map awareness, when/how to disengage, rotation, not to feed, communication, etc.

This made me laugh so hard i spilt my eggnog.

When i had reach 60 games, i didn't even know how to change my pvp amulet and equipemnt. Let alone how to even enter a match.

That's... Kinda sad, actually.

@everyman.4375 said:

@Derenaya.3479 said:Well ranked is even more stupid, almost impossible to get to plat 1 with this system.

Or maybe you're not plat level.

Yeah one day I climb form Gold 1 to Gold 3 just to fall down to Gold 1 again on the next day, I mean seems legit matchmaking.

Edit: Just to be clear here, I don't care about the rank because it's plat or legendary or whatever, I just whish for constant, good games with teammates who use they're brain (which is hard often hard to find in gold).

I dont think the map is bad.In fact id say its pretty nicely designed.

There already are tons of maps, where the secondary objectives don't have any real impact and are therefor ignored more often than not (Kyhlo, forest, Foefire to an extent), so im not really too hung up about the lamp being a waste of time.

But ....since the map is really small, its just that much easier to snowball a match on it. Once you get a good snowball going, its basically on you to lose the game.Which doesn't make it a bad map per se .....but might not provide the best "new player experience" so to say.

Archived