The "buff" to Cluster Bomb

Crab Fear.1624

I was using this trick everytime to get more stacks of stealth for my team prefight,I was using this trick with dash in fight, by aiming cluster into weaponswap into pistol 5+heartseeker to get 6 sec of stealth instantly. It was a skillful and extraordinary move, but it was deleted from the game for the sake of something.Not like you get a solid dps increase in fights where you spam cluster.

The cluster bomb change was definitely one of the most bizarre changes from the last balance patch. If any weapon for thieves was in need of a buff, it definitely wasn't the shortbow since it's been an amazing secondary weapon to almost every build since day 1. Personally, I always liked the high lob of the cluster bomb and never thought it held the weapon back in any way. Meanwhile, Scorpion Wire is still useless largely because of the slow speed of the projectile making it unreliable.

Nerfing this combo was unfortunate for sure, but I gotta admit that I didn't find it really useful enough to make much of a difference in actual gameplay. Still, neat combos with thief weapons are one of the coolest aspect of the class and it's always sad to see one killed off.

@Dahkeus.8243 said:The cluster bomb change was definitely one of the most bizarre changes from the last balance patch. If any weapon for thieves was in need of a buff, it definitely wasn't the shortbow since it's been an amazing secondary weapon to almost every build since day 1. Personally, I always liked the high lob of the cluster bomb and never thought it held the weapon back in any way. Meanwhile, Scorpion Wire is still useless largely because of the slow speed of the projectile making it unreliable.

Nerfing this combo was unfortunate for sure, but I gotta admit that I didn't find it really useful enough to make much of a difference in actual gameplay. Still, neat combos with thief weapons are one of the coolest aspect of the class and it's always sad to see one killed off.

The main reason it’s been used as the main secondary weapon is due to Infiltrator Arrow, nothing more nothing less, in the early game they nerfed the majority of the skills, so that only IA was the only redeeming quality, they have been slowly tweaking it to make it an actual weapon and not just their for SB5.

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@Dahkeus.8243 said:The cluster bomb change was definitely one of the most bizarre changes from the last balance patch. If any weapon for thieves was in need of a buff, it definitely wasn't the shortbow since it's been an amazing secondary weapon to almost every build since day 1. Personally, I always liked the high lob of the cluster bomb and never thought it held the weapon back in any way. Meanwhile, Scorpion Wire is still useless largely because of the slow speed of the projectile making it unreliable.

The main reason it’s been used as the main secondary weapon is due to Infiltrator Arrow, nothing more nothing less, in the early game they nerfed the majority of the skills, so that only IA was the only redeeming quality, they have been slowly tweaking it to make it an actual weapon and not just their for SB5.

IA may be the star of the show, but there's a lot more to it and has been for a while. There's been some small tweaks, like to the duration of the poison field, but nothing really major and it's always been a strong option to use for combat, beyond pure mobility.

I actually enjoy the change to CB, I've been hoping it would happen for awhile. While the extra stealth trick was nice for things like d/p, the slow projectile made using cluster bomb as a source of ranged aoe near impossible since people could just walk out of it by the time it hit. It's much nicer now as CB is a much more reliable form of ranged pressure even if we lose a bit of extra stealth for sets with OH pistol. (and let's be real, thief players aren't really hurting for more stealth uptime so it's not the worst thing to happen)

Archived