How many characters do you have, and why?

Cerioth.7062

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love making new characters and don't have a plan. No main, I switch among favorites. I don't delete some for the birthday gifts. I have a necromancer for every race. 7 Sylvari, 5 Asura, 5 Human, 2 Norn, 1 Charr atm.

Some flax farm (mostly just to be somewhat useful), two just hold junk in their bags XD (one holds bloodstone/dragonite/empyrial, the other holds frostbitten gathering tools from 2014), one key farming & one empty -- that I make and remake over and over. I may need more.

2 elementalists, 3 guardians, 2 warriors, 2 necromancers, 1 revenant, 1 engineer, 1 thief, 2 rangers, 2 mesmers.

2 elementalists- weaver and tempest- I like both specializations.2 rangers- druid and soulbeast- both amazing2 mesmers- chronomancer and mirage- both nice specs.1 engineer- holosmith, i like it more than hot's spec, so I wont create another engi- it's kind of boring anyways. :D1 thief- deadeye- just because daredevil sucks, and I like dagger's 3rd skill because it reminds me of Caithe. :)1 revenant- I switch from Herald to Renegade and Renegade to Herald, and I will most likely create another revenant in the future, because its a lot of fun.2 necros- reaper and reaper, I HATE scourge! Also my main dps for t4 fractal is reaper. A lot of fun!3 guardians- 1 dragonhunter, 2 firebrand - one of my guardian is for pvp only, because I play guardian on pvp, I also have 2 firebrands- one condi dps, second healer.2 warriors- one berserker and one from pof (forgot the name). I enjoy both. :)

Also I have 1+ from each Race, but no Asura. I had 2, but got bored and removed them.

And I am a huge Fashion Warrior, so I like making alts mainly for that. It's a lot of fun!

Designing characters is fun. I have at least one of each profession like many here and at least one of each race. I mostly have Human and Asura characters though. My human characters are designed from actual people's faces (some are even named after the person they represent). My Asura characters are designed for fun. As you know, most of the Asura faces are well, Zojja grumpy (or 'resting angry'). Some Asura faces are 'resting cute' but I just wanted a happy-looking, cheerful male Asura. It took me a while to create a 'resting cheerful' looking Asura, but it was worth it and I loved it so much that I've duplicated his face for three characters.

54 across 3 accounts, 10 each on 2 alts (1 of each profession and 1 extra storage per), currently 34 on main, working on 1 of each profession for each race and yes some are storage and don't really get played often. I level new toons slowly these days by doing gathering, simple dailies and festivals even though I have tomes to do it in a flash, I find it too easy now, I typically create a new one every 4-6 months, otherwise all but my new "level" toons are 80.

Reason: storage was lacking the first couple of years, so I invested in $10 sales to allieviate. Since, storage has gotten dramatically better so I've started developing all accounts.

3 Necromancers, all human (ik,r) (core, scourge, reaper)2 Elementalists, 1 Human, 1 Sylvari (both Tempests)2 Mesmers, 1 Norn, 1 human (1 Chrono, 1 Mirage)2 Thieves (both human) (both DD, didn't like Deadeye)2 Rangers (1 Norn, 1 Human) (1 Power SB, 1 Condi SB)1 Engineer (human) (in limbo on build, on back burner with burner turned off)3 Soldiers, (1 each, all human)

I don't have more because there seems to be no point to it. Leveling has lost its allure. Toming up seems pointless. There are two few enjoyable build options per profession to warrant more characters. I find I like neither the Soldier professions nor Engineer. Also, I actively dislike the Charr and Asura, and find the Sylvari meh.

Ommv,. of course.

Just counting my main account, I have 42 characters +1 key farm slot +2 new slots I just purchased. I realized I have never made a character in February, so will create them then so I have birthday(s) every month!

Total character slots across all accounts: 84.

I just like leveling characters, I guess.

Archived