Can't Complete HoT or PoF

kent.4193

I bought the two DLCs HoT & PoFand sadly found that it's unfriendly for a newbie player

1. It's too difficult to finish a HoT & PoF mission alone even I have all orange weapons armors...etc
  2. No one join my team , because they all finish the missions
  3. No one join the initiate FOTM, because they all finished the initiate scales
  4. There should be a data to reveal how a newbie played could get help or teamwork so I can consider should I buy the DLCs
  5. SO...can you refund?

@"phs.6089" said:let me guessyou have orange gear because you boosted you class.Rest is the result of boosting a class to cap.Correct me if I am wrong

Hi phs.6089I play a enginner from Lv1 to Lv 80sell items got from map and mission to buy orange equipmemts from trading postand then I bought the DLCsI didn't use the boosts, the 2 boosts are still in my inventoryYou can see my picture in https://imgur.com/1sJkbms

@phs.6089 said:Then my advise to you would be to get on HP train and unlock your elite spec 'holosmith'see how it goes after your engineer gets upgraded.

Hi phs.6089Many thanks you understand my situationIn facet I already get on a HP train and now have a full holosmith unlockI remember that night I was struggle in HoTand suddenly a lot of players pass me byI thought there must be a very strong boss killing players along thr roadSo I run after them for my life and get full holosmith unlockA very awesome trip with HP train

@kent.4193 said:I bought the two DLCs HoT & PoFand sadly found that it's unfriendly for a newbie player

It's not unfriendly for a newbie player. It's more difficult than base Tyria, yes.

There is a ton of recommendations, guides, videos and resources available for people who do not want to improve enough on their own to manage the content.

I do agree though, if you do not find the game fun, get a refund and move on.

@kent.4193 said:

1. It's too difficult to finish a HoT & PoF mission alone even I have all orange weapons armors...etc

Exotic gear while useful, will not make up for not dodging, a proper build or minimal skill and understanding of ones class.

Maybe take a look at engineer builds for open world content here: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Open_World

@kent.4193 said:

1. No one join my team , because they all finish the missions

Join a guild. Most players either help guild members or do these missions on their own. These missions are designed for 1 player in the first place.

@kent.4193 said:

1. No one join the initiate FOTM, because they all finished the initiate scales

Factually incorrect. You simply do not know where to look. The Fractal 1-25 LFG is full with people doing this content.

@kent.4193 said:

1. There should be a data to reveal how a newbie played could get help or teamwork so I can consider should I buy the DLCs

The first DLC is 3+ years old. The 2nd DLC is 1+ years old. There is a ton of content and reviews and experiences out on both. You simply did not bother to read up.

@kent.4193 said:

1. SO...can you refund?

Contact customer support and explain your situation. In general thy will be able to help but it might take a few days given the holiday season.

@kent.4193 said:

@phs.6089 said:Then my advise to you would be to get on HP train and unlock your elite spec 'holosmith'see how it goes after your engineer gets upgraded.

Hi phs.6089Many thanks you understand my situationIn facet I already get on a HP train and now have a full holosmith unlockI remember that night I was struggle in HoTand suddenly a lot of players pass me byI thought there must be a very strong boss killing playersSo I run after the players for my life and get full holosmith unlockA very awesome trip with HP train

That is great, did you equipt your New traits and got F5 skills and new utilities with new ultimate ability?

One thing I haven't seen mentioned: getting exotic (orange) equipment isn't as important as getting equipment with the right stats for you. Exotics with the wrong stats could be worse than rares with the right ones.

For example a lot of people are pushed into getting beserker stats, which are pure direct damage. But that means you have no defensive stats and need to be good at dodging and kiting to stay alive. And if your skills are more focused on causing conditions than doing direct damage (engineer pistols for example) you won't get the full benefit of the damage stats either.

If you know what skills and traits you like using I recommend looking up some guides to find appropriate stats. You may not find a build using exactly the skills you want but it can give you an idea of what works. Or you could tell us what you're using and we could help.

(And of course you could swap your skills to suit the stats, which is free and possibly cheaper, but in my experience most people are more attached to their skills.)

Have patience and look up specific guides on how to play the profession you are playing with. It helps a ton when you set up a proper build and proper gear for open world PvE where you can nicely survive without struggling much.Expansions are meant to be a bit more difficult than the core game, specifically as that becomes the new end game content too.

There's a lot of helpful guides on the forums for the professions, as well as on metabattle website.Instead of giving up, try to push through a little, as the expansions are truly amazing and deserve the praise ^^The jungle is deadly and the foes aren't to be toyed with, but I am pretty sure there are people out there who'd like to help you out with missions too. I know I am always willing to help people out with them.

As for Fractals, there's nothing wrong with sticking to the lower tier Fractals in case there's not enough people coming, of course.

Guessing here - but you boosted a character before you manually leveled one, didn't you?

• plays game for a few days, and loves it - buys the 2 expacs - uses a boost to get to 80 and check out the content just purchased - discovers that said content is WAY too hard because they didn't learn anything about the game, it's combat, or it's systems in the few days actually played - wants money back because they have no idea about level 80 content and refuse to learn...

This sound about right?

@"Odinens.5920" said:Guessing here - but you boosted a character before you manually leveled one, didn't you?

• plays game for a few days, and loves it - buys the 2 expacs - uses a boost to get to 80 and check out the content just purchased - discovers that said content is WAY too hard because they didn't learn anything about the game, it's combat, or it's systems in the few days actually played - wants money back because they have no idea about level 80 content and refuse to learn...

This sound about right?No, I play a enginner from Lv1 to Lv 80and then I bought the DLCsI didn't use the boosts, the 2 boosts are still in my inventoryYou can see my boosts picture in https://imgur.com/1sJkbms

@Odinens.5920 said:Guessing here - but you boosted a character before you manually leveled one, didn't you?

This sound about right?

If you read the thread you'd know that he didn't use his boosts.

Ok then. Let me ask you this - you are aware that everything beyond the personal story is considered "endgame content," since max level is 80 and everything in the game post personal story is level 80 content? If you were to go into all those zones and just roll over everything like they were level 5 mobs, would that be exciting? Most people would say no.

Level 80 content is meant to be challenging, and trust me, once you finally get a grasp of your class and how it works, you'll find you CAN actually roll over the content like they were lowbie zones. It takes time to figure things out in this game, especially if you are learning a "new" elite spec, which in many cases completely changes the way a class can play.

The game gets significantly harder with HoT and beyond, and requires some practice to get through it "easily." This isn't going to happen overnight.

edit: if you need help with stuff (builds, rotations, fights), ask in map chat. There are always people out there willing to help.

@"Odinens.5920" said:Ok then. Let me ask you this - you are aware that everything beyond the personal story is considered "endgame content," since max level is 80 and everything in the game post personal story is level 80 content? If you were to go into all those zones and just roll over everything like they were level 5 mobs, would that be exciting? Most people would say no.

Level 80 content is meant to be challenging, and trust me, once you finally get a grasp of your class and how it works, you'll find you CAN actually roll over the content like they were lowbie zones. It takes time to figure things out in this game, especially if you are learning a "new" elite spec, which in many cases completely changes the way a class can play.

The game gets significantly harder with HoT and beyond, and requires some practice to get through it "easily." This isn't going to happen overnight.

edit: if you need help with stuff (builds, rotations, fights), ask in map chat. There are always people out there willing to help.

Yeah, I just go back to Lv.1 map and use my feet to walk to Lv.80 mapKilling monsters along the road , from easy to hard , trying to understand holosmithIf i died in a easy or normal map with holosmith with all orange equipments, it means that's my problemBut I have already submit a refund ticket to the officaljust wait and see if they can refund

Are you EU or NA? I'd be happy to help if EU :)

There is definitely a skill jump from Core to Hot.Id suggest playing openworld for awhile, traverse HoT maps.Research your build. I don't know engineer so can't, but as far as I know, it's not an easy class.I could help if you decide to level a Necro, Ranger or mesmer tho.

Necro is a very easy class to get the hang of, and ia pretty good for Living Story content. So is ranger.The minions/pet can help aggro giving you a chance to position or dodge etc.

As to FOTM, look for Tier 1, Dailies. And join those groups. Tell them you're knew and most parties will explain the content. People don't tend to bother doing other levels, just the dailies.

As the overall theme of your post appears to be both knowledge gaps and help requests, I would highly recommend asking for assistance on the "Players helping players sub-forum". A lot of the time, you'll either find likeminded players requesting aid or veteran players offering guidance and help.

Do not be disheartened by the jump in difficulty. Once you settle into the new gameplay, you'll be absolutely fine!

@kent.4193 said:I bought the two DLCs HoT & PoFand sadly found that it's unfriendly for a newbie player

2. No one join my team , because they all finish the missions
  3. No one join the initiate FOTM, because they all finished the initiate scales
  4. There should be a data to reveal how a newbie played could get help or teamwork so I can consider should I buy the DLCs
  5. SO...can you refund?

I agree that some missions can be challenging solo, depending on class, build, skill, and gear. But generally there are lots of people to help with this (many of us run multiple characters/accounts). You just need to find a good guild/group of friends to play with! The same goes for fractals, and there is a handy LFG tool for finding people as well.

Best of luck, but they won't give you a refund for this reason. I would be very very surprised.

Archived