Spellbreaker PvP builds

mPascoal.4258

Hey guysSo I've tried some Spellbreaker in PvP, but can't find a set that feels confortable.. Since Spellbreaker is a power spec, I thought GS would be good but with little cc to set up 100b, it doesnt feel all that effective of a weapon for the Spellbreaker, except for the mobility which I kinda feel like its needed for the Warrior . My off hand is with Dagger/Shield.

I was thinking of maybe Sword, since I can maintain some of the mobility but I dont know what a good offhand to go with the sword would be other than the Shield.. wihch I already use with the Dagger

I dont theory craft in a long time so I kinda suck at it atm imo.. what have been you experiences with Spellbreaker in PvP and what build have you come up with?

@Nelson.7485 said:

@faker.7253 said:
You can also take rampage as elite and balanced stance against cc. As rune Surging is also working good.

This build cannot fight Deadeyes, change featherfoot to sight beyond sight will be better

How should a deadeye decap your point? If you are trying to 1v1 him open field you are doing something wrong. There are plenty options to kite him on a point.

I get that Spellbreaker is more of a disrupter than a damage dealer, but usually disrupter are more bond to bunker specs, which i think with the current amulets, Warrior cant pull of really well.. I've tried it with paladin amulet but I felt like i didnt do enough damage and I also didnt have enough survivability to shine.. specially in team fights.. that why i feel a bit lost atm..

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAR4Ynk6Ct6idhAWhAM7ilsAD/C/hLxK1gUXKAZwVACAA-jpBHQBO8IAEgLAAAOIAB8BA8h9H0WZAA

Is what I came up with for now. I haven't tried using Surging Rune yet for that variant, but this has a lot of flexible strats:

• Rune of Earth syncs up pretty well with Guard Counter. You are going to want to abuse your bursts and counter all the time for the benefits of keeping you beefy, as if the extra toughness didn't assist you there as well since Mara Amulet only gives Vitality. I've not determined if Power or Condi Damage wrecks me harder, I think condi by a tiny bit.
  • The combo going into D/D is to immediately land 3 into 4, regardless of interrupt or not, the damage values of those skills will still hit for 6-7k on heavies, and if you land the combo well over 10k nuke. This is just with two skills, I'm abusing Intelligence Sigil despite having decent Crit Chance because I want these to hurt when I land them.
  • GS and D/D means you are ultimately sticking to someone in Melee, the Last Stand Trait plus your Featherfoot grace are methods for avoiding decent CC hammering you, and if you ever do end up under pressure you have traited Endure Pain, your Heal Skill (which is the only decent method to remove those condibombs off of you, otherwise better have Berserker Stance available to wear those condis down) and your general weapon skills to mitigate. Greatsword is still a great mobility tool, and since I don't have a shield I run Dogged March to minimize as much movement conditions on me as possible.

I could fine-tune the build a bit, you might not want Winds of Disenchantment but either Signet or Rampage. I find Winds to be an excellent tool in group fights, and the cooldown isn't too harsh for it. Elites for Spellbreaker aren't as impressive as Berserker's Headbutt, but Spellbreaker has more power everywhere else I would say. Boon rip makes Guardians cry, interrupts naturally mess over Necros. The only counters I found were SBs running the Revenge Counter to apply reverse condis on me instead, a well-placed condibomb on me without my heal skill and my Berserker Stance, and maybe a sudden Power Burst around 60% life to deny me counterplay.

Feel free to provide some feedback, I don't know where this fits in the teamplay long run, but Spellbreaker is a natural 1v1 traitline, and I wanted to see if I can bulk it up for teamfights, seems good enough to stick to most targets.

Thank you all for the replies so far

! > @Sykper.6583 said:! > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAR4Ynk6Ct6idhAWhAM7ilsAD/C/hLxK1gUXKAZwVACAA-jpBHQBO8IAEgLAAAOIAB8BA8h9H0WZAA! >! > Is what I came up with for now. I haven't tried using Surging Rune yet for that variant, but this has a lot of flexible strats:! >! > - Rune of Earth syncs up pretty well with Guard Counter. You are going to want to abuse your bursts and counter all the time for the benefits of keeping you beefy, as if the extra toughness didn't assist you there as well since Mara Amulet only gives Vitality. I've not determined if Power or Condi Damage wrecks me harder, I think condi by a tiny bit.! > - The combo going into D/D is to immediately land 3 into 4, regardless of interrupt or not, the damage values of those skills will still hit for 6-7k on heavies, and if you land the combo well over 10k nuke. This is just with two skills, I'm abusing Intelligence Sigil despite having decent Crit Chance because I want these to hurt when I land them.! > - GS and D/D means you are ultimately sticking to someone in Melee, the Last Stand Trait plus your Featherfoot grace are methods for avoiding decent CC hammering you, and if you ever do end up under pressure you have traited Endure Pain, your Heal Skill (which is the only decent method to remove those condibombs off of you, otherwise better have Berserker Stance available to wear those condis down) and your general weapon skills to mitigate. Greatsword is still a great mobility tool, and since I don't have a shield I run Dogged March to minimize as much movement conditions on me as possible.! >! > I could fine-tune the build a bit, you might not want Winds of Disenchantment but either Signet or Rampage. I find Winds to be an excellent tool in group fights, and the cooldown isn't too harsh for it. Elites for Spellbreaker aren't as impressive as Berserker's Headbutt, but Spellbreaker has more power everywhere else I would say. Boon rip makes Guardians cry, interrupts naturally mess over Necros. The only counters I found were SBs running the Revenge Counter to apply reverse condis on me instead, a well-placed condibomb on me without my heal skill and my Berserker Stance, and maybe a sudden Power Burst around 60% life to deny me counterplay.! >! > Feel free to provide some feedback, I don't know where this fits in the teamplay long run, but Spellbreaker is a natural 1v1 traitline, and I wanted to see if I can bulk it up for teamfights, seems good enough to stick to most targets.!

Thanks, I actually might try D/D to see how it feels, but Idk if it will feel superior to Shield. I'm just so used to Shield and has so much good utility plus 5 on right times gets you to 25 might very easy

D/D is essentially our alternative 'burst' weaponset, if you liked landing auto-crit Eviscerates with Axe/Shield you might find this familiar, though its much faster since Dagger 3 is instant cast for a mandatory Daze if not stun while the enemy is using a skill.

What's nice is that while you do lose the block from Shield 5, Dagger 5 is actually a reflect projectiles, regardless of where you face it. I tested this as I was facing someone to harass with that Dagger 5 pressure while a LB Soulbeast got his arrows flown back into him while he was shooting at my back.

Well again, thank you for all the repliesSo I've came up with my version based on the suggestions, just some personal twicks, but still trying other things until I feel 100% confortable with the spec, but felling a lot better with it now

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAoYRnk6CdhgVhAmhAM7ilqATpHE7yB4f4T8KGZx1ACAA-jpRSABjfIAC/BAA6RAo1yAAs/g2nAAA

Would also apreciate some criticism :)

@kKagari.6804 said:I'm absolutely loving my current build at the moment, I'll share at the end of the season probably. It is quickly tweakable to fight a variety of builds, slightly weak against CC though.

Posts like this are such a waste. If you're going to be weird about your secret build don't even post.

Plat 3 warrior here. Greatsword isn't your damage, your bursts are (mainly Full Counter). I do like running Bull's Charge if I can to get some use out of Hundred Blades, but don't rely on it for damage. I'm not a big fan of the build on Metabattle because I rarely get any value out of Rune of Surging, especially if you're going to 1v1 good players. The boon duration is pretty negligible too. I also really dislike Endure Pain not because it's bad per se but it's really boring. I replace it with Stomp if I can which is very underrated imo. It's a stunbreak that lets you leap out of the damage and it's extra AoE CC. I've won many games using it to decap or prevent people from rezing since it pushes downed people away. It's a very clutch skill. If the other team has 2 scourges (which is a lot of the time) then I replace it with Berserker Stance, there's just no choice. Also don't underestimate the combo of Sigil of Intel + Arcing Slice > Full Counter > Arcing Slice, since FC recharges your bursts. It's absolutely devastating when enemies clump up to rez.

This is what I run most games: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAoeRnMdAt6ildAWhAciglrATJH06qB4b4R8JGJAkAKAA-jpBHQB5rMQAeAAN7QA0h9Ha4JAAAHBAA

I've been using hammer because it has a lot of synergy with Attacker's Insight. Going into the mid fight and using Earthshaker -> Full Counter -> Earthshaker is highly disruptive, especially when done Inside of your elite. I go back and forth on Eagle and Melandru runes. I'm going to swap to Spellbreaker runes when they add them.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAS4enMdAdhgVhAu6CM7ilrADfDHiPxK5gWXNAJAkAKAA-jpBHQB5rMw8OCAcY/hAeQAAwFAoZPAAA

Thank you for the builds guys, I've also changed mine a bit and I gotta say Hammer is awesome. The combo of Hammer/GS is really good with Spellbreaker it seems.Just like BurrTheKing.8571 said, it as a lot of synergy with Attacker's Insight and It's really good on team fights. You loso some survivability and some 1v1 potencial, but with this and Full Counter, I've won 2v1's and some 3v'1s came in cluntch (3v1 I've lost most times, but I dont think I've gone down on them with at least getting one of them down, but Warrior cleave is pretty bad on down targets IMO, and not beeing able to finish down targets as gotten the best of me in those 3v1's)

This is what I've been using with GS/Hammer. I tried Dolyak Signet too, its good IMO it comes to personal preference if either yo go with it or with Balance Stance.I also prefer Cleansing Ire. Its rare the game where 2 necro arent on the enemy team, and despite the nerf on it before, the nerf doesnt really affect Spellbreaker because the way it funtions with it would be the same (I think) and you use Burst Skills so often, I think it helps

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQJARSnk6CdhgVhAOeAM7ilqADZx1ACAK9gYXOA/DXiXxA-jpRSABjfBA0+BAAw+DgeEAo+QA0aZAA

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAR4enMdAdhgVhAu6CcigFjADfHHkTyIjgVwJwIA0AyZA-jpxHQBD4BAAgLAQAPCA9b/BldQAsXZAAThis is my setup for pvp. Super strong 1v1's and 1vX. It's heavily sustainable due to the amount of regen you have plus all the endurance/endurance refills you have access to with this. Your big problem with this will be scourge as they can rip off your resistance with little to no trouble (counter to that is blocking and dodging when inside their aoe's to avoid the instant boonrip) I personally think the utility, mobility, and survivability of dagger shield beats out the cc from hammer but that kinda comes down to which role you want to fulfill on your team. I think hammer in teamfights will be superior but dag/shield will be better for 1v1/far point play.

The problem with hammer is that point control is just not warrior's role anymore. Many classes fill that role way better. With the abundance of stability it's also very hard to land CC a lot of the time. Dagger allows you to stick to the other scourge and not let them free cast. The firebrand is likely to give the scourge a bunch of aegis and stab, so hammer becomes pretty useless. Dagger burst will go through aegis and builds adrenaline faster for you = more burst spam.

Not sure what skill level you're at and depending on that you can probably whatever you think is more fun and that's fine, but d/sh + gs really is the most optimal way to play spellbreaker in the meta. Maybe that'll change once they do a much needed balance patch, who knows.

@eksn.7264 said:The problem with hammer is that point control is just not warrior's role anymore. Many classes fill that role way better. With the abundance of stability it's also very hard to land CC a lot of the time. Dagger allows you to stick to the other scourge and not let them free cast. The firebrand is likely to give the scourge a bunch of aegis and stab, so hammer becomes pretty useless. Dagger burst will go through aegis and builds adrenaline faster for you = more burst spam.

Not sure what skill level you're at and depending on that you can probably whatever you think is more fun and that's fine, but d/sh + gs really is the most optimal way to play spellbreaker in the meta. Maybe that'll change once they do a much needed balance patch, who knows.

I am currently ranked in the 150s on the leaderboard. Winds of disenchantment means stability isn't an issue while it's up.

@BurrTheKing.8571 said:

@eksn.7264 said:The problem with hammer is that point control is just not warrior's role anymore. Many classes fill that role way better. With the abundance of stability it's also very hard to land CC a lot of the time. Dagger allows you to stick to the other scourge and not let them free cast. The firebrand is likely to give the scourge a bunch of aegis and stab, so hammer becomes pretty useless. Dagger burst will go through aegis and builds adrenaline faster for you = more burst spam.

I am currently ranked in the 150s on the leaderboard. Winds of disenchantment means stability isn't an issue while it's up.

CD is too long to rely on it every fight though. Looks like your build is running d/sh too anyways so it's not the same as gs/ham at all. That just means that you get to move from point to point less. Not saying your build is bad or can't work, but warrior is more effective right now as a mobile fighter/side node pusher.

Archived