FROZEN overlay in client

I have reinstalled and client repaired....

I am frozen with an overlay as seen in the picture.... I can walk around behind it, BUT I can't walk off the instance, or find any other way out of the instance. Also none of the on screen buttons work unless I press ESC, then I can log out or bug report, etc.

Literally immobilised lol

It looks like you are in the Silverwastes, maybe? Were you trying out a L80 Boost on a character? If so, either accept the Boost, or decline to boost the character. You can do that by double-clicking/right-clicking the L80 Boost item.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Level-80_Boost

If you are not trying out the L80 Boost, you will have to contact the CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below and 'Submit a Ticket' for assistance.

Good luck.

It's not possible, or rather it should not be possible, to get a HoT Mastery Point in The Silverwastes. The Silverwastes are Core Tyria maps.It's very odd. You will have to contact the CS Team for assistance.If you can press 'M' and bring up the map, and move the cursor to a Waypoint, you may be able to Waypoint out; I'm not sure.

Good luck.

That looks to be inside the Rally to Maguuma instance. You can end up with a mastery point if you finish Torn from the Sky. If it somehow didn't put you into Verdent Brink then this is exactly what it would look like.

The actual issue here seems to be the fact that the popup doesn't scale and the resolution you are using is too small to fit it on screen. There is a button on that "Mastery Point Earned" window which would close it. Never seen that popup so huge, maybe it scales with the interface size setting. I guess you could try changing to a smaller interface.

Torn from the Sky starts from inside the prologue instance. The game does some times "mess up" it's ability to track where a player should be. You would be doing something somewhere on a map, DC and then end up at the entrance of the map (Shipwreck WP in the case of VB). In a more drastic and rarer version you get thrown over to LA(only ran into this at most twice in 6 years and haven't seen it in a long time).

OP didn't mention being disconnected; I wonder why he would be over at this far part of the map. OP, have you tried entering Verdant Brink on the other side of the map/interacting with the 'green shield' NPC? (Those are things you might be able to do with keystrokes, rather than the cursor.)
Though, there is still the problem of accepting the Mastery Point. Probably, only the Tech CS Team can assist.

It was The Prologue: Rally to Maguuma... after reading your points about resizing, I went into my Windows 10 display options and changed my font from 125%(I am on a TV) to 100% then it resized my window so I could see the button at the bottom. Thank you both of you. You gave me exactly what I needed to help me. Now it works. YAY!!!! <3 :3 B)

• 2 weeks later...

Khisanth, I see where you are going with it, but really the accordion scaling of the interface would really be better off with with less space between the text and the button, then it would not scale the button off when using basic Win 10 settings. Since Win 10 is now more popular than Win 7... I am not going to be the only one they have to deal with as this moves forward :)

Archived