Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Turning Fiery Dragon Sword into Sohothin


Apolo.5942

Recommended Posts

So after a couple of weeks of playing GW1 (even though you guys refused to restore my account despite me having the original boxes, cd keys and offering to take pictures of it), i unlocked The Fiery Dragon Sword.

While the look is okish, it certainly pales in comparison to the playable model used for Sohothin in PoF, so why not include a recipe to upgrade a Fiery Dragon Sword into a legendary Sohothin?.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@"Windu The Forbidden One.6045" said:

@"Haleydawn.3764" said:Because Sohothin is a Gw2 skin now, and players who don’t own/aren’t interested in gw1, should be able to obtain it.

Why?

Because Sohothin is a GW2 skin (unlike Fiery Dragon Sword).Skins that have been introduced in GW2 should be obtainable in GW2.

So your answer is "because"....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Apolo.5942 said:

@"Windu The Forbidden One.6045" said:

@"Haleydawn.3764" said:Because Sohothin is a Gw2 skin now, and players who don’t own/aren’t interested in gw1, should be able to obtain it.

Why?

Because Sohothin is a GW2 skin (unlike Fiery Dragon Sword).Skins that have been introduced in GW2 should be obtainable in GW2.

So your answer is "because"....

My answer is because it's a GW2 skin that was introduced in GW2.The Fiery Dragon Sword is a skin that originates from GW1, Sohothin isn't. Why should people be forced to play a different game to unlock a skin that originates from Guild Wars 2?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@"Windu The Forbidden One.6045" said:

@"Windu The Forbidden One.6045" said:

@"Haleydawn.3764" said:Because Sohothin is a Gw2 skin now, and players who don’t own/aren’t interested in gw1, should be able to obtain it.

Why?

Because Sohothin is a GW2 skin (unlike Fiery Dragon Sword).Skins that have been introduced in GW2 should be obtainable in GW2.

So your answer is "because"....

My answer is because it's a
GW2 skin that was introduced in GW2.
The Fiery Dragon Sword is a skin that originates from GW1, Sohothin isn't. Why should people be forced to play a different game to unlock a skin that originates from Guild Wars 2?

Same reason they already are to unlock Fiery Dragon Sword, or the host of other skins from GW1?. Its a skin, it would be legendary but there are already 2 other legendary swords attainable in the game, so it would not be exclusive content.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Am I the only > @Apolo.5942 said:

@"Windu The Forbidden One.6045" said:

@"Haleydawn.3764" said:Because Sohothin is a Gw2 skin now, and players who don’t own/aren’t interested in gw1, should be able to obtain it.

Why?

Because Sohothin is a GW2 skin (unlike Fiery Dragon Sword).Skins that have been introduced in GW2 should be obtainable in GW2.

So your answer is "because"....

Fiery Dragon Sword is only obtainable by playing GW1.You are suggesting ANET introduce a recipe/quest chain to GW2 that can only be used by players who have played GW1.

That only reasonable solution would be for ANET to introduce a means of crafting Sohothin in GW2 without first requiring the player to also have earned the Fiery Dragon Sword. Care to guess how that would be received?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Apolo.5942 said:

@"Windu The Forbidden One.6045" said:

@"Windu The Forbidden One.6045" said:

@"Haleydawn.3764" said:Because Sohothin is a Gw2 skin now, and players who don’t own/aren’t interested in gw1, should be able to obtain it.

Why?

Because Sohothin is a GW2 skin (unlike Fiery Dragon Sword).Skins that have been introduced in GW2 should be obtainable in GW2.

So your answer is "because"....

My answer is because it's a
GW2 skin that was introduced in GW2.
The Fiery Dragon Sword is a skin that originates from GW1, Sohothin isn't. Why should people be forced to play a different game to unlock a skin that originates from Guild Wars 2?

Same reason they already are to unlock Fiery Dragon Sword, or the host of other skins from GW1?. Its a skin, it would be legendary but there are already 2 other legendary swords attainable in the game, so it would not be exclusive content.

As I said before, Sohothing is not a skin from GW1 like the FDS, so you can't compare the two.Requiring players to play gw1 to get the FDS is acceptable because it's a gw1 skin, Sohothin is not a GW1 skin, so there absolutely no good reason to make playing GW1 mandatory in order to acquire it. I would not mind it being optional though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like the idea of having Sohotin working like Caladbolg, now that it's original owner no longer exists, it could become unbound, and change form...(Oh, and no one's talking about the Icy Dragon Sword by the way. Someone HAD to !)

But imo, the FDS should remain like this. It is a "copy" after all. Doesn't seem too shocking that the copy isn't accurate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@"Warobaz.9543" said:I like the idea of having Sohotin working like Caladbolg, now that it's original owner no longer exists, it could become unbound, and change form...(Oh, and no one's talking about the Icy Dragon Sword by the way. Someone HAD to !)

But imo, the FDS should remain like this. It is a "copy" after all. Doesn't seem too shocking that the copy isn't accurate.

Well, without giving away any spoilers, given what happened with Rytlock and Sohothin during the course of GW2 story, it currently having a different look can be explained.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh, and no one's talking about the Icy Dragon SwordThat's in the game already and it's called Jormag's Breath


If the OP wants Sohothin as a skin, why not just ask for that? Why does it have to require the Fiery Dragon Sword which is only available to people who played GW1 and linked their account? Those folks already have all the rewards they were promised and I'm sure plenty of GW2-only players would like the same opportunity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

Oh, and no one's talking about the Icy Dragon SwordThat's in the game already and it's called
I completely forgot this was already reskinned :astonished:

If the OP wants Sohothin as a skin, why not just ask for that? Why does it have to require the Fiery Dragon Sword which is only available to people who played GW1 and linked their account? Those folks already have all the rewards they were promised and I'm sure plenty of GW2-only players would like the same opportunity.And it's always better to have 2 different skins. Moar skins, moar fun

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The easiest way to address all of this a quest for line for Magdaer, Sohothin's twin. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magdaer

In fact, I bet nearly everyone forgot Eir was looking for a way to restore Magdaer as a gift for Logan, and a way to help mend things between him and Rytlock. If anyone needs a refresher, go play the Ascalonian Catacomb's story mode. The symbolism behind this idea is cranked up to 11, if you know most of the backstory surrounding all of them.

Now that I think about it..... Having Magdaer reforged as a Great sword, because it couldn't be fixed without substantial reinforcement, wouldn't surprise me as a Legendary Greatsword. Dragon swords are already larger then normal swords, and the FDS in particular has a ridiculously large fire effect..... its the one major problems with it due to the grip style of many characters.

For the sake of it, its also pointed out that the Firey Dragonswords (in lore) are Replicas of Sohothin and Magdaer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...