current spellbreaker / alternatives

Luna.6203

Before i start let me say this: I love spellbreaker spec its reason why i made my warrior on path of fire release. Nerf counter damage and boost to daze cause some spellbreaker traits really pointless.

I'll go through all traits and utilities. Just for clarification i'm talking about pvp there.

Please if you have any working pvp spellbreaker spec right now. Im open for suggestions. But im pretty sure there isn't any. Right now best way if not only way is to play core warrior.

Core warrior have a lot more damage and more healing which overall provide top sustain even without counter.

Traits:

[ Pure Strike ] - increase crit damage by 7% - OK - increase crit damage by 14% against boonless traget - useless it will never happen in pvp - no matter how much you try to focus on boon removal.

[ Guard Counter ] - gain protection after full counter - Why ? target is dazed. so you won't be attacked.

[ No Escape ] Daze cause immobilize - OK *1

[ Loss Aversion ] on boon removal -> pointless damage, +2 adrenaline.. meh

[ Slow Counter ] - 1) cripple target. Why i rather pick *1 [ No Escape ] 2) Slow attacks - why ? target is dazed.

[ Sun and Moon Style ] - 7% crit damage to healing - THIS would be absolutely amazing if it would include main hand otherwise meh. interupt with dagger 3 gives quickness - nice but not enought - just +% damage or +XXX stats while wielding dagger would be a LOT better!

[ Enchantment Collapse ] - just poor master trait - maybe with mace and hammer build.. but you can't drop GS in pvp.

[ Revenge Counter ] - Resistance 2sec and copy condis on counter is nice but 20% damage increase with current counter damage is pointless. when they nerf counter damage they somehow forget to about this trait.

[ Magebane Tether ] - This is nice but you can use stability and move away.

Utilities:

{ Natural Healing } - mending or healing signet is a lot better.

{ Break Enchantments } - not worth of utility slot

{ Featherfoot Grace } - stances are better - not worth of utility slot unless u are somehow super-focused on resistance.

{ Sight beyond Sight } - just trash

{ Imminent Threat } - just trash

Not a single utility of is worth of using. I really feel like this spec becoming broken like other specs. with lot of uselessness ;(

I absolutely don't understand how they could do something like 75% damage nerf to key ability to whole spec. Spellbreaker without full counter is just bad!

If counter damage supposed to be low. We need some other source of damage. Why is dagger damage so low ? but chance that anet will do something about it is probably zero and I want my spellbreaker back! i was trying to find some good build to play spellbreaker again but no matter what i can't find anything that is better than core warrior and whoever i face spellbreaker in pvp (can't believe there is still a lot of ppl playing it) i just crash them to ground with core warrior. Right now im also testing other classes Ranger/Thief/Mesmer But i deeply miss my spellbreaker <3 :'(

I have to confess I rather reroll other class than playing core warrior because it's just not fun no matter how powerful it is. :/ and thief and mesmer is still better than core war anyway.

my findings/opinions :strength / discipline / spellbreaker -> bad sustain = free killdefence / discipline / spellbreaker = perfect sustain but no damage with 75% counter nerf.strength / discipline / defence -> good sustain + super damage = killing machinemy thoughts:should i use axe instead of dagger with spellbreaker ?should i focus on boon removal ? from my experience is pointless.should i use shield without defence trainline ?Magebane Tether vs Revenge Counter ?

simply i can't find any good synergy how to make it work. it was all about counter.

any ideas ? are you still successful with spellbreaker ?

I always liked to play core war more than spb.I tried a boon removal spb yesterday to counter boonbeasts and holos, didnt rly work out because i just didnt do enough dmg to kill them even witgout their boons, core also struggles with them, but there they have all their boons still, but atleast you can pressure them and if they do make Mistakes even kill them.

Core struggles with heavy condis tho, more than spb i believe

@ButterPeanut.9746 said:I'm still playing tether warrior with strength/disp/spb, but looking at a few other builds in the off season

Maybe it's really time to drop defence trait line.

Please would you mind to share some details about your build ?

So i suppose you really on powerful might stacking and might makes right trait using strength rune ?Also axe over dagger ? Axe got more damage and mights on burst skill right ? // GS is mandatory.

What about amulet. Do you prefer more hp or toughness. Or just pure damage ?

I expecting sigils will be something like courage,battle,intelligence maybe stun on shield if you using shield. Without defence is it worth to wear shield ?

I saw video of warrior that is in plat in this season. His build was str/disc/Sb with axe. Damage was good. Still i wasn't impressed i felt like his teammates did all hard work.

Right now im playing deadeye and it's a lot of fun! Really fun part of playing deadeye are salty whispers from ppl i killed. :p

I think about keep my war just for pve. But will see. i'll try drop defence and some variations and since we have end of season i expect new balance patch even if i don't have hight hopes.. it will be probably just another warrior nerf and i don't even care at this moment and after 75% nerf to FC nothing will surprise me anymore.

@Luna.6203 said:

@"ButterPeanut.9746" said:I'm still playing tether warrior with strength/disp/spb, but looking at a few other builds in the off season

So i suppose you really on powerful might stacking and might makes right trait using strength rune ?Also axe over dagger ? Axe got more damage and mights on burst skill right ? // GS is mandatory.

I expecting sigils will be something like courage,battle,intelligence maybe stun on shield if you using shield. Without defence is it worth to wear shield ?

I saw video of warrior that is in plat in this season. His build was str/disc/Sb with axe. Damage was good. Still i wasn't impressed i felt like his teammates did all hard work.

Right now im playing deadeye and it's a lot of fun! Really fun part of playing deadeye are salty whispers from ppl i killed. :p

I think about keep my war just for pve. But will see. i'll try drop defence and some variations and since we have end of season i expect new balance patch even if i don't have hight hopes.. it will be probably just another warrior nerf and i don't even care at this moment and after 75% nerf to FC nothing will surprise me anymore.

https://www.godsofpvp.net/builds/warrior/

@ButterPeanut.9746 said:

@ButterPeanut.9746 said:I'm still playing tether warrior with strength/disp/spb, but looking at a few other builds in the off season

Right now i was just testing pvp with new build. It's looks fine. I should have drop defence trait line long time ago.I used almost same build exept i tryed axe with axe mastery instead of clasic burst mastery. But i'm not sure about it. :/additional differences:no escape instead of guard counter. but without defence trait line i might better to use extra protection. Counter daze is only melee and can be removed by stability so yea protect will be better.Utility skills are also same except signet of stamina.. but seems as good idea just passive effect is nice and it synergy well with strength reckless impact and its extra condi removal.And lastly sigil of agility look interesting... signet of intelligence vs signet of agility... hmm.. i'm bit worried about long cooldown on signet of agility.

BTW i was thinking about use dagger in off hand instead of shield. But for sure i was still using shield at least for this tests.

Anyway thanks for sharing... it will definitely help me to improve.

@Luna.6203 said:

Right now i was just testing pvp with new build. It's looks fine. I should have drop defence trait line long time ago.I used almost same build exept i tryed axe with axe mastery instead of clasic burst mastery. But i'm not sure about it. :/additional differences:no escape instead of guard counter. but without defence trait line i might better to use extra protection. Counter daze is only melee and can be removed by stability so yea protect will be better.Utility skills are also same except signet of stamina.. but seems as good idea just passive effect is nice and it synergy well with strength reckless impact and its extra condi removal.And lastly sigil of agility look interesting... signet of intelligence vs signet of agility... hmm.. i'm bit worried about long cooldown on signet of agility.

BTW i was thinking about use dagger in off hand instead of shield. But for sure i was still using shield at least for this tests.

Its the metabuild For quite some. Time now... I would have linked you the exact same thing, i thought you were saying that you didnt want to play that one lol

Just look at sites like that or metabattle. Com to check out what the meta looks like

@RedShark.9548 said:

Its the metabuild For quite some. Time now... I would have linked you the exact same thing, i thought you were saying that you didnt want to play that one lol

Just look at sites like that or metabattle. Com to check out what the meta looks like

I see. im not sure what i want right now.. I just swapping between warrior and deadeye depends on my mood. I was also playing power mirage for while. It's just ridiculous how easy it was put whole group down from 1200 range. But back to warrior one hand sword just sux i cant snad that stupid [flurry]. But with some personal changes to this build it might work. I'm really wonder how far you can get in ranked with warrior.

@Luna.6203 said:

I see. im not sure what i want right now.. I just swapping between warrior and deadeye depends on my mood. I was also playing power mirage for while. It's just ridiculous how easy it was put whole group down from 1200 range. But back to warrior one hand sword just sux i cant snad that stupid [flurry]. But with some personal changes to this build it might work. I'm really wonder how far you can get in ranked with warrior.

Well the sword is mainly for more mobillity, getting in and out of fights quick, playing the role of a roamer +1ing and capping far, also works very well to get the magebane pull for setting up combos or gettimg ppl offpoint.

I can only speak for core rn, and honestly havent played alot of matches, but i got to 1523 rating with that this season, not sure how much was luck with teammates but whatever. There are definately better classes for pvp atm. Condi mirage, boonbeast and holo right off the bat, a good scourge can turn the tides aswell

@RedShark.9548 said:

Well the sword is mainly for more mobillity, getting in and out of fights quick, playing the role of a roamer +1ing and capping far, also works very well to get the magebane pull for setting up combos or gettimg ppl offpoint.

I can only speak for core rn, and honestly havent played alot of matches, but i got to 1523 rating with that this season, not sure how much was luck with teammates but whatever. There are definately better classes for pvp atm. Condi mirage, boonbeast and holo right off the bat, a good scourge can turn the tides aswell

1) To one hand sword: sacrifice main hand for one good dash doesn't seems like good idea to me especially when a other classes are still a lot of faster so they will catch you.

2) Furthermore drop defence trait line simply screw up you sustain for longer fights.

3) Rampage is trash becouse you can't use anything else even heal signet doesn't work on that mode. Whoever i see war use it i just disengage for few seconds.

So i dont know... that str/dis/sb builds seems like kamikaze build. its seems like more zergy 1v1 focused build and still pretty underperforming in 1v1. def/dis/sb hold points a lot better in 1v1 even 1vsMore. But it simly wont work after FC nefr becouse you cant kill even blind sheep.

i don't understand how could they nerf key ability by 75% one day just like nothing. Mesmer need 75% nerf!

@Luna.6203 said:

1) To one hand sword: sacrifice main hand for one good dash doesn't seems like good idea to me especially when a other classes are still a lot of faster so they will catch you.

2) Furthermore drop defence trait line simply screw up you sustain for longer fights.

3) Rampage is trash becouse you can't use anything else even heal signet doesn't work on that mode. Whoever i see war use it i just disengage for few seconds.

So i dont know... that str/dis/sb builds seems like kamikaze build. its seems like more zergy 1v1 focused build and still pretty underperforming in 1v1. def/dis/sb hold points a lot better in 1v1 even 1vsMore. But it simly wont work after FC nefr becouse you cant kill even blind sheep.

i don't understand how could they nerf key ability by 75% one day just like nothing. Mesmer need 75% nerf!

Sword also brings final thrust, which is a pretty big burst if you can land it under 50%, flurry can sometimes be used as a setup for hundred bladesSword mainhand isnt that badThat build is pretty quick with gs, sword leap and bullscharge.Rampage honestly is quite broken if you already got some defense skills out of your enemy before you use it. Can cc chain and kill in said chain basically anyone who doesnt have defenses leftIt gets shutdown by conditions tho, because like you said, it can use clears

And yes its pretty much a kamikaze build thats tries to oneshot/pressure enemies so they cant apply pressure to you, sometimes a good offense is the better defense, right?

Anyways i like the defense traitline still, and thus i simply dont play spellbreaker