[Suggestion] Guild enhancements should be available via a vendor in WvW maps.

Hitman.5829

@Gorani.7205 said:

@"Hitman.5829" said:
should be available via a vendor in WvW maps.This should bring some quality of life for WvW players.

I got a Dev answer about that like 2 (?) years ago, telling us that is not technical possible to place the NPC in WvW. If search works, I might find the original quote somewhere.

How spaghetti has your gamecode need to be to not be able to place a vendor where other vendors are already found?

I mean come on now.

@RedShark.9548 said:

@"Hitman.5829" said:
should be available via a vendor in WvW maps.This should bring some quality of life for WvW players.

I got a Dev answer about that like 2 (?) years ago, telling us that is not technical possible to place the NPC in WvW. If search works, I might find the original quote somewhere.

How spaghetti has your gamecode need to be to not be able to place a vendor where other vendors are already found?

I mean come on now.Probably as simple as the NPCs being unable to determine the player guild and filter available vendor options. The NPCs in the guild hall might be hard coded (ie fixed purchase options) based on the available objects in the instance.

So if you just added such a vendor in WvW they'd have to give all maxed out buffs regardless of what your guild has unlocked... Which render the whole guild hall upgrade system pointless.

They could program around it for sure but hey if they cant even re-enable existing NPCs like Siegerazer... Dont hold your breath.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Hitman.5829" said:

I mean come on now.Probably as simple as the NPCs being unable to determine the player guild and filter available vendor options. The NPCs in the guild hall might be hard coded (ie fixed purchase options) based on the available objects in the instance.

So if you just added such a vendor in WvW they'd have to give all maxed out buffs regardless of what your guild has unlocked... Which render the whole guild hall upgrade system pointless.

They could program around it for sure but hey if they cant even re-enable existing NPCs like Siegerazer... Dont hold your breath.

Sounds plausible... Sounds still sad af

@Samug.6512 said:

@"Hitman.5829" said:

No. Implement it via Guild UI. Everybody wins.

Won't happen though, coz spaghetti code.

This.

Or how about just remove the duration completely? The speed buff you get in capital cities from guild affiliation doesn't need to be refreshed, why not make all guild enhancements permanent? Then you just change to the one you want as you switch between game modes.

@Gorani.7205 said:

@"Hitman.5829" said:

Did you find the quote? I hope they fix this and give us guild vendors in WvW.maybe after all these years they can now fix it.

Archived