So let me get this straight.(Spoilers)

The story to this expansion is just one, big, pathetic detour? This was something that should have concluded in living story, and it would have helped immensely since season 3's LS was all over the place and lacked focus. At least HoT had a decent LS build up and a conclusion that didn't feel like nothing was gained or lost.

If not for the better content PoF has provided PvE wise, I would have said this expansion was a waste of time.

@LezardValeth.9453 said:The story to this expansion is just one, big, pathetic detour?Detour from what to what? And what specifically do you think was pathetic?The story is: Big B, Little J, and Special K are fighting it out in the Desert and we have to stop them before they tear the area apart. We learn that B already won the fight against J and we use J's armies to defeat B. That frees up J to fight another day. Plus, Aurene is battle tested and there's a showdown between her and K that seems to be coming. That's a perfect setup for LS4 and even LS5.

This was something that should have concluded in living story, and it would have helped immensely since season 3's LS was all over the place and lacked focus.That's a criticism of LS3, not of PoF story. (I'm not sure I agree with it, but either way: LS3 concluded.)

At least HoT had a decent LS build up and a conclusion that didn't feel like nothing was gained or lost.The way you phrased that makes it sound like HoT had no value other than setting up LS3. It was an epic conclusion to a story that started at the end of LS2.

If not for the better content PoF has provided PvE wise, I would have said this expansion was a waste of time.Well sure, PoF added a new story, new elites, new zones, new collections... basically all there is that's new is PvE stuff and the story. On balance, it sounds as if you think the expansion was great, except for the story.

@LezardValeth.9453 said:The story to this expansion is just one, big, pathetic detour? This was something that should have concluded in living story, and it would have helped immensely since season 3's LS was all over the place and lacked focus. At least HoT had a decent LS build up and a conclusion that didn't feel like nothing was gained or lost.

If not for the better content PoF has provided PvE wise, I would have said this expansion was a waste of time.

Detour? To where? I agree that LS3 was a little scattered, but in the end, it set up for the expansion. The last part of the story of LS3 led us to PoF. So I really don't understand how you can think it is a detour when the story of PoF was a direct result, not afterthought, of LS3.

Archived