Living World Episode 6 Location theory

Sajuuk Khar.1509

I think it will unlock one area in blood legion homelands is likely but no. We have better chances of them first setting up a funeral for someone, then finding a way out of mists, and finally entering the spot where the big splatter of corruption happened after pof.

If Kralk doesn’t die then we will be setup to receive a new race in season 5, as the dragons will have been doing to much activity for it to be deemed safe by the tengu for them to ignore it any longer.

Taimi will be the closer of the season 4 as her death awaits. She will be leaving us with some news of an invention she’d been working on with Gorrik to stop all the dragons from doing further harm

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@dodgerrule.8739 said:I think it will unlock one area in blood legion homelands is likely but no. We have better chances of them first setting up a funeral for someone, then finding a way out of mists, and finally entering the spot where the big splatter of corruption happened after pof.

If Kralk doesn’t die then we will be setup to receive a new race in season 5, as the dragons will have been doing to much activity for it to be deemed safe by the tengu for them to ignore it any longer.

Taimi will be the closer of the season 4 as her death awaits. She will be leaving us with some news of an invention she’d been working on with Gorrik to stop all the dragons from doing further harm

Where would we have the funeral though? I can't see them doing it in Tarir or some Heart of Thorns area, because it's an area from another expansion which I don't think they've done before. I guess we could have it in the Grove, and if the pale tree ascends at some point and absorbs Mordremoth's magic and somehow absorbs enough of Zhaitan's magic we could see her resurrecting Aurene perhaps. I hadn't really thought of the idea of having a funeral as the start of the next episode, but I suppose it would give us reason to pick up in a different area instead of starting in the same instance which I think would be a little more unique and something they haven't done with any episodes thus far... also would fit the ending of the previous episode a lot better. But, again, not something they've done before so it seems unlikely to expect it to be any different now.

I'm not sure I would jump to the conclusion of Tengu and a new playable race with season 5. From what we know, the living world teams are the only ones working on new releases, and a playable race seems like it would be a really difficult thing to juggle along with the episode releases. Especially as it would entail tying it into the current personal story, or creating an entirely new personal story. (Unless they wound up skipping that all together and by releasing it with season 5, give it enough exclusivity that it doesn't have to adhere to the rules of the other races creation and personal stories.) Not saying it's impossible, just don't think it's likely. I might have before we found out the team had been shuffled to focus on these canceled projects, but now it seems like mounts are the extent of what we can expect as new features for season 5. Also, I don't really see Tengu getting involved just because Kralk has became a larger threat. Because, if word got around that he's consuming reality, they've probably also been alerted to the fact that there's not really anything they could do even if they did get involved. So why join a fight that doesn't affect them anymore than it affects everyone else? Maybe some other elder dragon that was in closer proximity and put them in immediate danger or encroached on their lands, but Kralk seems like a bit of a stretch.

And I would hate to think that Taimi would yet again save the day with Asura tech, but I'm not counting it out as a possibility.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

@dodgerrule.8739 said:I think it will unlock one area in blood legion homelands is likely but no. We have better chances of them first setting up a funeral for someone, then finding a way out of mists, and finally entering the spot where the big splatter of corruption happened after pof.

Where would we have the funeral though? I can't see them doing it in Tarir or some Heart of Thorns area, because it's an area from another expansion which I don't think they've done before.

Maybe Sun’s refuge? With the new zone being the Margo Coast or Sunward Marches (or Sunward Coast). That could potentially finish the Elona areas for most part.

@perilisk.1874 said:

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:So way back before they released, I think it was episode 2, Anet did a lot of subtle map updates across the game world. These updates included changing the areas around-The area where The Sandsweapt Isles are located-Adding new details around Ganadara-Adding new detials around Jahai-Changes to the area around the Southern Shiverpeaks-Changes to the area of the Charr homelands where Kralkatorik was sleeping back in Guild wars 1

Given that the first four areas became maps.... there's a pretty high chance that the last map of this living world season will take place in the Charr Homelands area where KRalkatorik was sleeping.

So you Charr fans, theres some content for you

Back in the day, the chief objection to that theory was that it would entail Kraalkatorik flying over existing maps and thus creating lots more brand in core tyria

Now that he can travel through rifts, however...

It would be kind of poetic if things end where they began.

Dying dragon returns home, the last place it felt safe... I can see that.

@Tyson.5160 said:

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

Where would we have the funeral though? I can't see them doing it in Tarir or some Heart of Thorns area, because it's an area from another expansion which I don't think they've done before.

Maybe Sun’s refuge? With the new zone being the Margo Coast or Sunward Marches (or Sunward Coast). That could potentially finish the Elona areas for most part.

Main problem is that Sun's Refuge is an actual part of Jahai Bluffs, so while we may connect to it and Jahai, I doubt we'll be going into Sun's Refuge. :/

If a funeral happens, it'll likely happen in Amnoon (the go to regroup local of S4), somewhere in core, or the new map.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

Main problem is that Sun's Refuge is an actual part of Jahai Bluffs, so while we may connect to it and Jahai, I doubt we'll be going into Sun's Refuge. :/

If a funeral happens, it'll likely happen in Amnoon (the go to regroup local of S4), somewhere in core, or the new map.

Yeah, I just figured it would be kinda powerful if they had her dead body among all the toys that you gathered for her in Sun’s Refuge, including the toys from when she was a baby.

My top three bets:

• Charr Homelands: Kralkatorrik's resting place, might have tips to defeat him. Good introduction if LW5 deals with lands east of Ascalon.
  • Ruins of Surmia: Portal to the Mists there. Good introduction if we're going to the mists to fight Kralkatorrik.
  • South of the Desolation: Kralkatorrik's last location before entering the Mists, might have tips to defeat him.

Blood Legion Homelands is looking likely to be the next map location.. although i'm not sure why.

My best guess is Rytlock asks us to go there..

All we know from the last episode is that we have no idea what to do next.Kralk is back in the mists according to Rytlocks requiem and we've no way of getting to him nor any way of stopping him even if we could.. and even if we did his death would end the world anyway.. so at the current point in time.. we're utterly screwed lol

I expect the next episode will be largley about doom and gloom.. perhaps Dragons Watch disbands and each member returns to their homeland.. Rytlocks cubs being announced in his requiem may be the reason Rytlock wants to return there.

I still think Aurine coming back branded is the most likely main story scenario.. and I think the next season will focus on us trying to find the Forgotten or attempting to discover everything we can on the ritual used to free Glint so that we can capture the now Branded Aurine and attempt to break her corruption.

I think we'll only be going to the Charr Homelands as part of Season 5, which will, I think, be clean-up and recovery from the finale that will be Episode 6 and setting up a potential new expansion.

For the Episode itself, I now believe we will be going somewhere with another portal to the Mists. The map will not be the Mists itself because ArenaNet have said that isn't going to happen, it needs to be somewhere in the world. The portal in the Primeval Tomb we know leads to Kormir's Sanctum which is now abandoned, so it will be functionally useless to go there again, and also, you know, there needs to be a new map.

It could be somewhere in Elona, but with Thunderhead Peaks that throws it into the air somewhat, it doesn't necessarily have to be in Elona.

I've got a sneaking suspicion, and hope, that it might be somewhere in Orr, possibly the southern portion that is connected to Elona. An "Artesian Valley" or similar locale if you will.

Either that, or as has been said Kralkatorrik's mesa where he was hanging out after the main Path of Fire story finished, or somewhere further out into the Crystal Desert.

The Magic being released will need to go somewhere when we kill Kralk, As it has been with the other dragons/ massive forms of magic, its going to be absorbed by the other dragons. Which, with that kind of amount of magic being released will need to jolt something up. Best thing to deal with would be Jormag, as he is the only dragon currently still above ground.

"If" Aurene is still alive, I would suspect they're the idea is to conform all the magic into one outlet to house it all. I can see her coming back near the end of the next season as it will have been enough time in between to rest her "death".

Other option, would be for us to kill Kralk in the mists which triggers the magic effect to explode and cause some for of effect or transfer to a non dragon.

Personally, I like both ideas of killing Jormag, and maybe having to deal with something else besides a dragon, Return of Dhuum, Menzies or other.There is also a possibility to work it in that since Jormag and Primordius are asleep, we can just deal with bubbles in order to open up the water and airways for people to travel to and from Cantha.

@"zityz.6089" said:The Magic being released will need to go somewhere when we kill Kralk, As it has been with the other dragons/ massive forms of magic, its going to be absorbed by the other dragons. Which, with that kind of amount of magic being released will need to jolt something up. Best thing to deal with would be Jormag, as he is the only dragon currently still above ground.

"If" Aurene is still alive, I would suspect they're the idea is to conform all the magic into one outlet to house it all. I can see her coming back near the end of the next season as it will have been enough time in between to rest her "death".

Other option, would be for us to kill Kralk in the mists which triggers the magic effect to explode and cause some for of effect or transfer to a non dragon.

Personally, I like both ideas of killing Jormag, and maybe having to deal with something else besides a dragon, Return of Dhuum, Menzies or other.There is also a possibility to work it in that since Jormag and Primordius are asleep, we can just deal with bubbles in order to open up the water and airways for people to travel to and from Cantha.

Maybe, but the story has pretty heavily implied that kralks position has to be taken by some elder dragon. Just replacing it with another god seems like it would diminish the original reason why the gods left Tyria. Idk. I’m sure it will be something out of left field though if they’re really keeping Aurene out of the picture. But hey, they had their shocking dramatic death scene amongst the many others. When all else fails, just make some character a martyr and keep on truckin.

Wouldn't it be cool if it was still in the northern part of Deldrimor so the Hoelbrack and the Iron Legion help. All and all i want to see the Iron legion use the Death Star they call The Black Citadel as a Big ass "Laser" , the Pact could supply the Iron Legion with the research of professor Gorr. It will be kinda poetic justice with all the history the char have with Kralkatorik , and it will hit some of that epic notes from the intro "With engines of destruction we have killed our gods".

@"cptaylor.2670" said:Maybe, but the story has pretty heavily implied that kralks position has to be taken by some elder dragon. Just replacing it with another god seems like it would diminish the original reason why the gods left Tyria. Idk. I’m sure it will be something out of left field though if they’re really keeping Aurene out of the picture. But hey, they had their shocking dramatic death scene amongst the many others. When all else fails, just make some character a martyr and keep on truckin.

Not to mention that it would completely remove the entire purpose for Path of Fire and why we antagonized Balthazar into becoming out enemy rather than had kept him as an ally. The entire reasoning for our fight was "Balthazar's actions would destroy Tyria", and if that turns out untrue, then we just had an entire year's worth of plot for no reason.

I would kind of like to see, regardless of what happens with Kralkatorrik, the Commander being comparatively disgraced regardless due to their handling of Balthazar, Joko and then even Kralkatorrik himself. That would be an interesting way to take the story in my opinion.

Because let's be honest, for people who don't have all the knowledge we have looking at what the Commander's done, it's not exactly been very well handled, now has it? From their perspective the Commander's been stumbling from crisis to crisis and only really solving it through sheer blind luck and fortune.

I think that's going to be the ultimate "from hells heart I stab at thee" from Joko - Being proven right about the Commander to others in the universe, even if we the players know the Commander really had very little choice.

@"ThatOddOne.4387" said:I would kind of like to see, regardless of what happens with Kralkatorrik, the Commander being comparatively disgraced regardless due to their handling of Balthazar, Joko and then even Kralkatorrik himself. That would be an interesting way to take the story in my opinion.

Because let's be honest, for people who don't have all the knowledge we have looking at what the Commander's done, it's not exactly been very well handled, now has it? From their perspective the Commander's been stumbling from crisis to crisis and only really solving it through sheer blind luck and fortune.

I think that's going to be the ultimate "from hells heart I stab at thee" from Joko - Being proven right about the Commander to others in the universe, even if we the players know the Commander really had very little choice.

I don't think the people that have limited knowledge of what we've done or why would really be judging us or thinking we're being messy. They'll just be thinking, 'well I'm still alive so who am I to tell them what to do or how to do it?' Maybe the other members of destiny's edge or dragon's watch, or leadership within our alliances, but they have knowledge and understanding of what we've done don't they? Just ordinary civilians I don't think would really put that much thought into it to judge us in the way that Joko was implying.

@"ThatOddOne.4387" said:I would kind of like to see, regardless of what happens with Kralkatorrik, the Commander being comparatively disgraced regardless due to their handling of Balthazar, Joko and then even Kralkatorrik himself. That would be an interesting way to take the story in my opinion.

I'd like to see something like this, too. Honestly, I'm still amazed that the Commander can freely show their face in Amnoon after all that kitten they "caused" there...

@"ThatOddOne.4387" said:Because let's be honest, for people who don't have all the knowledge we have looking at what the Commander's done, it's not exactly been very well handled, now has it? From their perspective the Commander's been stumbling from crisis to crisis and only really solving it through sheer blind luck and fortune.

I'd say from the non-Dragon's Watch perspective, most people think that the Commander had a solid plan that worked well despite a few kinks here and there, at least in regards to Balthazar and Joko. Even from a member's of Dragon's Watch's perspective, it could be seen as far more than sheer blind luck and fortune and going with the flow. Hell, more often than not things work out despite bad luck (like Zaeim being captured; that's bad luck for the Commander, yet he got it to work out by being the first ever to infiltrate the Great Mordant Crescent Hall's prison).

The plans are definitely half-assed. They basically amount to what HoT got criticized for: "Let's get to the enemy and then figure it out from there." Yet it always works, and because the Commander never announces the "and figure it out from there" part, people would no doubt presume they have a plan for when they get there when they don't.

And if we manage to kill Kralkatorrik in Episode 6, no matter how, even All or Nothing's failure will just turn out to be "a moment of bad luck that the Commander managed to break through".

I've wanted a "Dragon's Watch versus Destiny's Edge" plotline, but that's been tossed down the drain with Braham's forgiveness, and a "society bashes on the Commander, who's done the impossible, because he messed up a few times" doesn't really seem reasonable if we never really got a proper sylvari-bashing plot, or a proper Krytan civil war plot (we had Lake Doric and that was all, despite all the build up).

@"anninke.7469" said:I'd like to see something like this, too. Honestly, I'm still amazed that the Commander can freely show their face in Amnoon after all that kitten they "caused" there...

Such as? The only things that happened were Kralkatorrik attacking Amnoon - not the Commander's fault - and Joko attacking Amnoon - which he does even if Amnoon allies with Joko, so not the Commander's fault, though if the Commander chose to ally with Sunspears, the citizens probably don't feel that way. Nothing else really happened to Amnoon, and the Commander ended up killing Joko and Balthazar thus freeing them of their two greatest non-Kralkatorrik plights. And in very short order.

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

Such as? The only things that happened were Kralkatorrik attacking Amnoon - not the Commander's fault - and Joko attacking Amnoon - which he does even if Amnoon allies with Joko, so not the Commander's fault, though if the Commander chose to ally with Sunspears, the citizens probably don't feel that way. Nothing else really happened to Amnoon, and the Commander ended up killing Joko and Balthazar thus freeing them of their two greatest non-Kralkatorrik plights. And in very short order.

But both of those can be seen as the Commander's fault if one wishes to and Joko certainly didn't help with his little performance. And then there's still the incident with Gorrik and the Commander's opposition to Councilor Mayameen. It's a minor thing but could be the last nail in the coffin and make the Commander at least "not welcome" in Amnoon. I mean, look a scape goat at hand for all the recent bad stuff going on.

(I'm sorry if I don't make much sense language-wise, seems I'm a bit out of shape today.)

@anninke.7469 said:

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

But both of those can be seen as the Commander's fault if one wishes to and Joko certainly didn't help with his little performance. And then there's still the incident with Gorrik and the Commander's opposition to Councilor Mayameen. It's a minor thing but could be the last nail in the coffin and make the Commander at least "not welcome" in Amnoon. I mean, look a scape goat at hand for all the recent bad stuff going on.

(I'm sorry if I don't make much sense language-wise, seems I'm a bit out of shape today.)

A storm making fishing in the harbor difficult can be seen as the Commander's fault if one wishes to. Doesn't make it remotely true for anyone with two brain cells. I fail to see how a known and untrusted tyrant calling out someone while simultaneously talking about using the neighborhood as an experiment / attacking due to lack of loyalty, would seriously paint that as said someone's fault.

The Gorrik situation varies depending on how the player handled it - in most situations, where the Commander doesn't mention the Scarab Plague, it's a very small thing indeed. Especially if the Commander called Mayameen for being the obvious racist she was being. Because of this, Arenanet cannot create a plot for all players using that as a reason. This also goes towards Joko - the reason he attacks Amnoon changes, and it's not always easy to put blame on the Commander. Hell, even with the PoF speech at the end, which resulted in dialogue change for the first S4 instance, cannot always be reasonable to just blame the Commander.

The only people who would blame the Commander for the shit that happened in Amnoon are the griefstrucken who aren't thinking straight (and they'd have gotten enough time since the most latest situation, and very clearly showed no signs of blaming the Commander for prior events during the last one we saw - Joko) and those who don't actually care for that but use it because they need some sort of excuse for their pointless hostility. It will be a minority of people, and it won't lead anywhere.

Especially since, as I said, ArenaNet has shown time and time again the lack of interest in this kind of plot.

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:And honestly, Caithe's flower disintegrating is a key factor that works against the "Aurene will return". When ZHaitan and MOrdremoth died, nothing happened to their minions except they lost their connection to the Elder Dragon's will. They didn't lose their power or corruption. Caithe did, suggesting that Aurene's very magic was taken away - could be why she didn't crystallize as well, as it's confirmed in The Trek of the Zephyrites that the crystals of Glint's body contained her magic. That's likely why her and Vlast's bodies crystallized, they still had magic as they died. Aurene not crystallizing could mean she isn't dead, or it could mean her magic was taken by Kralkatorrik.'Sylvari can shed parts of themselves at will and it entirely possible, if not probable, Caithe did so out of grief. And the Zephyrites saw Glint as a crystal/sky "sponge". Aurene holds much more than the magic for becoming shrapnel, she wouldn't necessarily shatter. Moreover, it's posited in Sacrifice that Vlast intentionally crystalized to leave information behind. If it's not automatic, Aurene would have chosen to preserve her corpse, which points towards resurrection.

Archived