Living World Episode 6 Location theory

Sajuuk Khar.1509

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

A storm making fishing in the harbor difficult can be seen as the Commander's fault if one wishes to. Doesn't make it remotely true for anyone with two brain cells. I fail to see how a known and untrusted tyrant calling out someone while simultaneously talking about using the neighborhood as an experiment / attacking due to lack of loyalty, would seriously paint that as said someone's fault.

The Gorrik situation varies depending on how the player handled it - in most situations, where the Commander doesn't mention the Scarab Plague, it's a very small thing indeed. Especially if the Commander called Mayameen for being the obvious racist she was being. Because of this, Arenanet cannot create a plot for all players using that as a reason. This also goes towards Joko - the reason he attacks Amnoon changes, and it's not always easy to put blame on the Commander. Hell, even with the PoF speech at the end, which resulted in dialogue change for the first S4 instance, cannot always be reasonable to just blame the Commander.

The only people who would blame the Commander for the kitten that happened in Amnoon are the griefstrucken who aren't thinking straight (and they'd have gotten enough time since the most latest situation, and very clearly showed no signs of blaming the Commander for prior events during the last one we saw - Joko) and those who don't actually care for that but use it because they need some sort of excuse for their pointless hostility. It will be a minority of people, and it won't lead anywhere.

Especially since, as I said, ArenaNet has shown time and time again the lack of interest in this kind of plot.

You know what? You're actually right. I just got a little too real-life-ish (especially on believing a known and untrustworthy tyrant, I've seen lot of that lately where I live). And for Mayameen I believe the danger would come from her wounded pride. People don't generally like being told (and proven) to be wrong. More so if they're in a position of power.

And yes, I know Anet has no interest in this. It's just a bit of wishful dreaming on my side.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@anninke.7469 said:You know what? You're actually right. I just got a little too real-life-ish (especially on believing a known and untrustworthy tyrant, I've seen lot of that lately where I live). And for Mayameen I believe the danger would come from her wounded pride. People don't generally like being told (and proven) to be wrong. More so if they're in a position of power.

And yes, I know Anet has no interest in this. It's just a bit of wishful dreaming on my side.

Mayameen died in that very instance from Joko's attack, during the cinematic. No wounded pride to take revenge for. Believing a known and untrustworthy tyrant would be the mentality and actions of brainwashed or gullible individuals - in the case of believing Joko, it'd be the people living in the Desolation and Vabbi from what we've seen, not those of Amnoon, Kourna, or Istan (except nobles, I suppose). Take Utumishi for example, and those he leads in Jahai Bluffs; they're the ones who'd be most likely to revolt against the Commander and postulate blame on them for the damages incurred by Balthazar, Joko, and Kralkatorrik's actions. But Utumishi himself prefers having protection and living, so as long as Kralkatorrik remains a threat, he won't do anything. And I feel that people - including ArenaNet - are getting tired of Elona so they won't return to him (immediately) once Kralkatorrik is dead / no longer a threat.

Archived