Healer engineers, and why they have been disregarded.

Messor.9520

So, Engineer was the first class I played, (starting a year and a half ago) and i notices that there was a healing build in it somewhere. In PvE I learned to read everything, and with scrapper, I figured out that a healing build for engineer was not only viable but excellent. I have had a lot of people talk down until I saved their animated life with a simple (F) key, and then soaked up some damage to dispense some healing to get them healed completely. However, the build requires having all of the mechanics down to a T, and in ranked, knowing your partners health so you don't over- or under-heal. Now as masochistic as you have to be to play a healing engineer, the one thing that engineers have DEDICATED to healing (the med kit, for the non-engineers), does less area healing than any of the other healing skills, not to mention that it takes away all damage output and (comparatively) grossly under-heals allies. Why have the skill kit there if it is so under-powered? The more damage-based kits actually outperform the medkit before it can get to heal.

I also have an engineer support build and it works well for WvW. Med kit really does need a buff but even with good changes unless it gets a water field I don't see it being used in WvW at least over turret which has 2.

A lot of actual healing comes from blasts and without water fields it lacks a lot of heals. Personally from all kits in the build I think giving Med Kit 1 water field and then changing super elixir on EG to a water field would increase the viability of support a lot.

@AngelsShadow.7360 said:Engineer as a support kitten as a large part, coming from medical dispersion field, requires you to take damage for it to function. Changing this basic functionality, or allowing overhealing on the engineer would fix this primary problem.This would be a good change. Now that we have the barrier mechanic I could totally see overhealing work on this trait as barrier is basically a shield like overhealing would be. We really need a dedicated support kit though if engi is going to be a good support which is why Med Kit needs to step up and get a rework so its effective.

Some other minor changes I would like to see:

• Soothing Detonation scale much better with healing power
  • Engineer gain access to barrier for allies
  • New traits in Alchemy that help group support (combine Backpack Regenerator and Inversion Enzyme and get rid of Stimulant Supplier, which is a terrible trait for a GM, not even adept worthy).
  • Super Elixir on EG turned into a water field. EG already has good group support but doesn't have much for healing besides Super Elixir impact, a water field addition to this would make it a greater support weapon as there's a blast on the same kit (similar to Elementalist staff water change that Ice Spike got a blast allowing blasting water in same attunement).

Just some thoughts on that.

Archived