Anet nerfed soulcleavers summit once again

WyvernShade.8192

@iAimToPlease.7304 said:Meanwhile Scourge and Firebrand are both complete faceroll classes that melt anything that gets close to them in both PvP and PvE. Fun.

Just for the record, this is coming from someone who actually plays these classes, not someone who got obliterated by them.

Renegade is far from bad in PvE. Kalla's Fervor alone places this spec at 37-38k benchmarks.

What the spec needs is energy costs removed off the F1-3 abilities and Soulceave's Summit energy cost decreased.

The summons also need to become untargetable. It's bad enough they require energy to maintain, but they're also tied to location.

@Zenith.7301 said:

@iAimToPlease.7304 said:Meanwhile Scourge and Firebrand are both complete faceroll classes that melt anything that gets close to them in both PvP and PvE. Fun.

Just for the record, this is coming from someone who actually plays these classes, not someone who got obliterated by them.

Renegade is far from bad in PvE. Kalla's Fervor alone places this spec at 37-38k benchmarks.

What the spec needs is energy costs removed off the F1-3 abilities and Soulceave's Summit energy cost decreased.

The summons also need to become untargetable. It's bad enough they require energy to maintain, but they're also tied to location.

Where did you see the benchmarks? Especially wanting to see the traits used.

@Professor Sprout.1560 said:Sorry for double post, can't edit original in the new forums. After some playing around I'm not sure I like this nerf much. It makes Mad King runes no longer a viable burst alternative to the sustain damage provided by Nightmare/Trapper runes, which I find to be a very boring set. It has also killed off what fun I might have had with the frost gun, as the damage is no longer competitive with mace autos. Sigh, there goes a chunk of PvE build diversity...

@Cinnamonfox the power coefficient was negligible in the betas, seems like that hasn't changed much. With nearly full ascended vipers, Mad King and 25 might my renegade was draining for a little over 400 per hit, so even on a max power build the damage per hit will be well below what it used to be.

Again, this all might be less of a problem if we got some improvements to other areas. Doing Bounties out in the desert today I found the lack of survival abilities to be a serious problem - with no condition clear, escape/block skills and CC-vulnerable healing wells I was melting like a house of butter against most targets.

Not sure why you are melting during bounties honestly. I am using Kalla stance and I am finding no issues in survivability. In fact, this stance is the only way I have liked and can play a condi revenant. I feel like I am actually making a decent and effective contribution now.On top of that, Revenant's have multiple stances for a reason. You can effectively heal twice in a short period of time.It doesn't feel like it is in that horrible of a position, sure there could be some improvements such as the actual utilities need to have stability or something of the sort because when they get knocked back it stops them from doing their job and that is a little frustrating. Like, even the stability giving Charr gets knocked back.Overall, I don't really have that much to complain about because my condi revenant is in the best position she has ever been in since creation.Honestly, Soulbeast needs a lot more love to work out all of it's issues. It's getting ripped off in so many aspects, including massive DPS loss from merging with the pet and losing a lot of traits from merging that should really still have an effect. Not to mention PoF pets not getting the lower cooldown buff, etc that all other pets get and a bunch of other ridiculous things. Once Soulbeast gets pulled from the gutter that it is stuck in, maybe then we could expect to see some minor adjustments for Renegade.

@WyvernShade.8192 said:So I was looking through my abilities today hoping energy costs had been reduced after latest patch, of course they weren't. While doing this though I noticed that the life syphon damage on soulcleavers has been cut in half. It's 350 now I stead of 750. Anet please stop adding hidden changes not mentioned in patch notes. The real problem with this is this is the second time you've nerfed this skill, now it's terrible instead of in a an okay position. If you're going to nerf us why don't you nerf how broken firebrand damage is. If you're still going to nerf us please at least buff us in someway, give renegade some competitive edge and an actual reason to use any of the new skills. Idk at least reduce the upkeep on soulcleavers -7 instead of 9. Do you even read the community input on renegade or have you just given up on us? I've been thinking lately that you put 3 f skills on this spec but maybe you only expect a player to be using one of the three depending on their trait line. If this is the case are you for real? You put 3 f skills in the game, I expect to be able to use them all at once.

Hey Wyvernshade, I am sorry to hear how disappointed you are with the Renegade. I felt exactly the same when it launched. See what i felt when I made my video and you might agree with my points. :cry:

@Zenith.7301 said:

Wasn't saying Renegade is bad, though I actually like playing Herald more.

What I was saying is that there are two other classes, especially the scourge who are ridiculously overtuned and should have a higher priority when it comes to nerfs in my opinion.

@LucianDK.8615 said:

@Zenith.7301 said:

Where did you see the benchmarks? Especially wanting to see the traits used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sivKR2M2jqE

Turn off the dreadful anime nerd music by the way.

@iAimToPlease.7304 said:

@Zenith.7301 said:

What I was saying is that there are two other classes, especially the scourge who are ridiculously overtuned and should have a higher priority when it comes to nerfs in my opinion.

Scourge is hardly overtuned in PvE, it's right in line with other condi specs.

If you wanna talk about overtuned, look at Firebrand who post nerf is still doing 38-39k on top of providing quickness and aegis.

@Zenith.7301 said:

@iAimToPlease.7304 said:

@Zenith.7301 said:

If you wanna talk about overtuned, look at Firebrand who post nerf is still doing 38-39k on top of providing quickness and aegis.

Already said that firebrand is overtuned twice, mate, but the scourge is too, it literally melts everything and also has pretty some pretty good utility with barriers, I think the spec is far too rewarding for how easy it is to play.

I'm also not exclusively talking about PvE, I melt anyone who tries to come close to me in PvP on both the scourge and the firebrand with what to me feels like very little effort, both of them feel very overtuned in PvP because of that.

Maybe people need to learn to play against them, but right now people die so fast. It's ridiculous.

@iAimToPlease.7304 said:

@Zenith.7301 said:

@iAimToPlease.7304 said:

@Zenith.7301 said:

Already said that firebrand is overtuned twice, mate, but the scourge is too, it literally melts everything and also has pretty some pretty good utility with barriers, I think the spec is far too rewarding for how easy it is to play.

I'm also not exclusively talking about PvE, I melt anyone who tries to come close to me in PvP on both the scourge and the firebrand with what to me feels like very little effort, both of them feel very overtuned in PvP because of that.

Maybe people need to learn to play against them, but right now people die so fast. It's ridiculous.

Agreed, this game still needs more nerfs and not buffs. Everything in every gamemode still melts stupidly fast.

I think it was a visual change to the tooltip. Evidence has suggested that the healing is effected by your stats while the damage is affected by the buffed players stats. Which means that 25 stacks of might warrior with nearly 2k+ power is hitting like a truck with this and healing massively at the same time. (so long as the ability doenst get CC'd or out right slaughtered)

I've just started playing around with renegade in solo PvE, and I find soulcleave's summit to be pretty powerful both as a defensive and offensive tool (especially with that arrow pierce).

Still trying to get a feel for what skills to use in what situation, but am already feeling more comfortable than I was with mallyx.

Archived