Non-Meta Necromancer Condi Build

DrDoctor.8091

Most things that are viable are to some extent known in the meta and will show up on sites like metabattle and godsofpvp because people generally want feedback from others. But if you just want to feel special you can just try stuff out and experiment until you find something that works.

Here, I made a build just now just for you:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRAnd4Yjc0Q5NWTDG3AHOWwFspiQTofpvYjsXWorWA4AA-jphYAB7eQAetMAA7P47RA44HAAnnAAA

I guarantee you it's likely trash and I'm sure as hell not ever going to play it or even test it myself. But it's certain to make you feel special among Necros. Probably not the good kind of special though.

If you have support you go full dps and if you are still dying you take blood magic. Even if scourge is present in meta right now, its not very fun to play it as everyone is throwing 10k attacks and cc chains here and there while having mobility. Trust me even if you play meta build you dont feel any powerful unless you and your buddy firebrand have grinded ranks alot and have great chemistry. And if youre playing solo then all builds scourge builds are bad period.

@"Shaogin.2679" said:So you want to play something non-meta just to feel unique? Wouldn't the best way be to make one yourself? I mean, if you just copy a build someone gives you, how is that any different than playing a build from metabattle?

Playing something non-meta on Metabattle kinda makes you feel like you're playing something "hidden-yet-not-hidden". I like that feeling.

@DerJoker.9081 said:Take a Semi-meta power reaper with aristocracy runes.Reaper, Spite, Curses.

Run around with 25 might, boon corrupt, awesome life force generation and hardcounter boonbeasts, fbs and holos.

the build you proposed works just fine but your statement that it hardcounters holo and boonbeast made me laugh.. reaper is an okish offmeta scourge replacement in treamfights but nowhere close to countering any metabuild especially not holo or boonbeast.

@DEATHsCLAW.1978 said:

@DerJoker.9081 said:Take a Semi-meta power reaper with aristocracy runes.Reaper, Spite, Curses.

Run around with 25 might, boon corrupt, awesome life force generation and hardcounter boonbeasts, fbs and holos.

the build you proposed works just fine but your statement that it hardcounters holo and boonbeast made me laugh.. reaper is an okish offmeta scourge replacement in treamfights but nowhere close to countering any metabuild especially not holo or boonbeast.

I can give you the build my dude, it does counter them pretty hard, assuming equal skill.

But yeah,it's not meta, like I stated... :/

@DerJoker.9081 said:

I can give you the build my dude, it does counter them pretty hard, assuming equal skill.

you can post it for OP since he is requesting builds.. it's basicially the old procmancer build with added blightersboon/aristocracy combo I assume?

the thing about reaper is its shroud can be kited especially by classes with range access and superior mobility like holo, boonbeast, mirage

out of shroud reaper cant really do anything against those classes

so at high skill levels where kiting is a thing reaper is getting countered by boonbeast and holo in 1v1 assuming equal skill

you can try it yourself as a reaper player you know its weaknesses now roll a class with kiting potential (SD thief for example) and look how effectively and easy you can counter a reaper

@DEATHsCLAW.1978 said:

you can post it for OP since he is requesting builds.. it's basicially the old procmancer build with added blightersboon/aristocracy combo I assume?

the thing about reaper is its shroud can be kited especially by classes with range access and superior mobility like holo, boonbeast, mirage

out of shroud reaper cant really do anything against those classes

so at high skill levels where kiting is a thing reaper is getting countered by boonbeast and holo in 1v1 assuming equal skill

you can try it yourself as a reaper player you know its weaknesses now roll a class with kiting potential (SD thief for example) and look how effectively and easy you can counter a reaper

Spectral pull prevents kiting, any form of chill too. If you have an Axe then yea, just laugh at people who try to kite.

I think he was trying to say that you will counter any boon reliant build.

Not all players are the same, some might run things a little out of whack to cover thier weakspots, kiting would normally be an issue unless you say run Axe/Focus for stab corrupt followed up with spectral pull into fear, chill and power bombs.

@DerJoker.9081 said:

Any good boonbeasts should easily be able to kill a reaper. If a boonbeasts can't, he is just very very bad at kiting or you as the reaper player know, that you're just way better

Thanks Sephiroth for pointing it out, it does counter boon based builds quite good. Corrupting them also stacks quite some condis with curses minor bleed on crit that do good dmg on a power build, because of rune and 25 might.With runes life-force generation is huge, anytime you corrupt might, Blighters Boon kicks in

A lot of times you don't need to get the kill, if you force them off point you can ranged pressure them enough for them to leave.

Buuuut:If you get +1ed your dead, assuming equal skill and that will happen sooner or later.

But if I see a boonbeast trying to bunker our close if I'm on respawn, I'll go there and force a decap + cap.

GS#5 and movement impairing condis ftw.And if the boonbeast dolyakstances or heals (muddy terrain) just condi transfer and kill it

ty for clarification sephiroth!

but watch:

Reaper counters builds withboonreliancelow to medium ability to kitelow to medium burst potential

right now there is one metabuild who fullfills that: bunkersupport FB

other metabuilds despite some being boonreliant (holo, rev, boonbeast) will straight up faceroll a reaper in 1v1 if they know how to kite shroud

and btw axe doesnt really counter kiting since it only has 1 dangerous skill to dodge and then it is quite a safe weaponset for the enemy to engage close combat again for a big burst

You want the point, not necessarily the kill. I can still go shroud when they re-engage.Most of the time holos will either stealth and corona burst or corona burst.Just boon corrupt and burst in shroud.Only thing bad is a sicemsniper, but they are not really good in higher tiers anyways.

Boonbeasts sustain and dmg gets shutdown hard without boons, let it rotate to a team fight where it can't do too much either, still cap goes to you.

Also, the procced burst is great for bursting weavers in between evade frames.

Most of the time ppl don't expect the boon corrupt (maybe they don't know the animation???) Allowing for easy corrupts and possibility to follow up with procced and shroud burst.

Archived