Muckstalker Heal

Sythe.8130

Still bugged, break bar comes back way too fast even with everyone having as many CCs equipped as they can, it's impossible to keep up with. And even when being dropped below 80% like (76%) his break bar still comes back up and heals him back above 80, starting the painful cycle all over again and never getting the kill.

This one is a little bit... special.

It has very specific healing thresholds where, if it's health hits that number, it will start to heal at which point he needs to be CC'd to break his bar - the health threshold is usually an odd number like 85% or 35%. If his health percentage increases above the first 10% mark above the threshold where it began healing - ie. if it starts healing at 35% and its health gets back up to 40% then it will start healing AGAIN as soon as it reaches 35%.

What you have to do is break its bar before its health gets back above that even 10% health mark. I've fought him twice and both times it did the same thing, thus making the second time a breeze with the group I was running with. I can't recall the exact health targets where it begins healing but it always triggered the heal at the exact same percentage if it's health got above the even 10% (heal start @ 65% = threshold 70%) mark but it would NOT trigger that heal again if it was broken at prior to that point (heal start @ 65% = no heal @ 65% the second time if broken before getting above 69%).

I hope that makes sense.

I've fought him a bunch of times with different number groups, 8,12, 20, 40+, telling everyone to bring your cc's. As soon as he get under 80% he starts to heal quick and it seems near, no its impossible to kill that break bar. Some weird stuff going on here.Regardless if its broke or not. I don't think the difficulty of this fight is comparable to all the other "Champ" bosses and think this is an unintentional difficulty standard. It's just odd that this one champ is near impossible to kill for a majority of players compared to the easiness of the other champs. Muckstalker is way harder then all the other legendaries. This appears to be an unintentional mistake. please fix.

edit: read thru all the comments above & took some advice. Collected a party of 5: thief, warrior, & a mesmer at first and 2 scourges joined 3mins into the fight.Boss fight behavior Behavior:"Gets defiance bar each 20% of HP (80%, 60%,40%, 20%) and quickly regenerates health if not stunned. Hardened Scales is an effect applied to the Champion Muckstalker whenever its defiance bar is not broken. If it expires before the bar is broken, it will petrify nearby players. "

At first it was same old same old, breaking his bar at 80% but he was still regening going nowhere. :( then our party grew from 3 to 4 to 5 and the barriers and added dps started to work. With a smaller group and immediately breaking his bar whenever it popped and the added dps we actually killed Muckstalker today.I'm shocked. =D

So i'd say if you're having problems with this boss try a small party! Bring hard cc's that refresh quickly or several on your skill bar(skills and weapons) and don't get unbalanced with too many cc's like me[ :D ]BRING YOUR MAX DPS!

I'm now totally convinced this guy is seriously bugged and all those who tell others to "git gud" and claim to have a strategy are just plain lucky!

Muckstalker was the only bounty in PoF I was missing. Must have tried him dozen times with different groups from 6-50, with a lot of up front briefing from a good com, to the most basic pugging. All failed identically - never got him below 80%. Today I did him twice with the same group - once, the same old story. Couldn't get him below 80%; kept healing to 85-90%. The 2nd time he melted like butter. Seriously, we didn't suddenly transform from nubs to elites, just, for once, he did roughly what you would expect a normal bounty guy to do instead of healing through all and any damage.

Anet, you really need to look at this guy!

If it's bugged, Anet needs to fix it ASAP, because the result is always the same.. in and around 80% he heals regardless whether the break bar is broken

If it isn't bugged and working as intended, they either need to get rid of the break bar entirely, or the remove arrows mechanic in that fight. The flashiness of all the skills going off in that fight makes it difficult to see where the arrows are pointing. If you've already taken a couple swings and seen "miss" it's too late to change.

Anet needs to realize that likely half the people playing this game (if not more), are either playing drunk, stoned, or a combination of both.. lol. To have that type of fight in the open world simply isn't feasible.

It's not bugged, but it might be impossible to bring him down if he has Phase Shifted perk - in that case you can just restart it. The mechanic behind him is that he heals up during two phases, one after the other where you have to break his bar; if he's got Phase Shifted, those two phases fall inside "inside the circle" / "outside the circle" and you won't get enough CC to take down the "outside the circle" phase.

@Llethander.3972 said:This one is a little bit... special.

It has very specific healing thresholds where, if it's health hits that number, it will start to heal at which point he needs to be CC'd to break his bar - the health threshold is usually an odd number like 85% or 35%. If his health percentage increases above the first 10% mark above the threshold where it began healing - ie. if it starts healing at 35% and its health gets back up to 40% then it will start healing AGAIN as soon as it reaches 35%.

What you have to do is break its bar before its health gets back above that even X0% health mark. I've fought him twice and both times it did the same thing, thus making the second time a breeze with the group I was running with. I can't recall the exact health targets where it begins healing but it always triggered the heal at the exact same percentage if it's health got above the even 10% (heal start @ 65% = threshold 70%) mark but it would NOT trigger that heal again if it was broken at prior to that point (heal start @ 65% = no heal @ 65% the second time if broken before getting above 69%).

I hope that makes sense.

From another thread I commented in.

@Llethander.3972 said:This one is a little bit... special.

What you have to do is break its bar before its health gets back above that even X0% health mark. I've fought him twice and both times it did the same thing, thus making the second time a breeze with the group I was running with. I can't recall the exact health targets where it begins healing but it always triggered the heal at the exact same percentage if it's health got above the even 10% (heal start @ 65% = threshold 70%) mark but it would NOT trigger that heal again if it was broken at prior to that point (heal start @ 65% = no heal @ 65% the second time if broken before getting above 69%).

I hope that makes sense.

I think you are right about the intended mechanics, but simple ignorance does not explain the problem people are having with it. I and many of the groups I did this with knew the mechanics and it was still impossible. The exact %s seem to change from fight to fight. Most of the time I fought him the bar would come up at about 79% and there was no way it could be broken before it got back up over 80%!

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are plenty of times where he isn't bugged, but groups don't understand what they are meant to do, or where you get a big pug group that upscales the guy and doesn't have enough people that know their CC! But, it doesn't explain quite how rarely he goes down. The fight is bugged I am sure.

@eithedog.4678 said:It's not bugged, but it might be impossible to bring him down if he has Phase Shifted perk - in that case you can just restart it. The mechanic behind him is that he heals up during two phases, one after the other where you have to break his bar; if he's got Phase Shifted, those two phases fall inside "inside the circle" / "outside the circle" and you won't get enough CC to take down the "outside the circle" phase.

Actually, the time we killed him we had phase shift! We just had enough time (more than 0%-2%!) to break his bar before he healed over the threshold.

This one feels more like a Legendary than a Champ with how its mechanics work. It's very pug un-friendly. I have beaten it a few times, and basically it's the commander in groups of 20-50 spamming to bring CC and DPS. The buffs make it an extra pain especially with phase and burn/poison fields.

Some people can consistently get it, but most have issues, and then there is the 'git gud' group saying that it's fine and we should l2p.

From how I understand its mechanics... you have to break the breakbar quickly and then DPS the regen'd amount plus more to keep ahead of the regen. And be consistent. That way you slowly whittle the health down to 0.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I remember doing it with squad and we broke the bar just fine every time. It's not as bad as the one in Desert where the breakbar has little impact on its massive healing.

Read my post a bit above.

When I finally did it it was equally simple, in fact almost trivial. I'd say one of the easier ones, even of the non-legendaries. When the exact same group tried it 45 mins before it was impossible. It wasn't the unstable abilities, although sometimes that doesn't help. It was the difference between having 5-6% of his health to break the bar and 1% (and maybe some weird stuff about how he heals sometimes too, I am not sure).

Archived