Deep Trouble Guild MIssion 20190113

Darlgon.9273

The Deep Trouble Guild mission had issues last night. We failed 3 times in a row, with four teams of six players. The substitute mission leader running the mission blamed it on players following the quaggan outside the big orange circle. Even had us type "I will not go outside the orange circle." I am going to take heat, likely today, because my group followed the quaggan outside the big orange circle, but stayed inside the quaggan's circle, once he left the big one. We were successful and went back an got a new quaggan each time. One time failed because the guild leader's group did not follow their quaggan outside the big orange circle and he died to the final wave of krait. Yet, he was yelling at us in voice chat for leaving the big orange circle just minute before. By the time it failed, we were getting a new quaggan. From what I saw, unless you follow the quaggan part way outside the orange circle, which the sub mission leader insisted was the "instance border", you miss the final spawn. Hope I explained it well enough. Anyone know what the deal with the note on the wiki is? It says "Be careful not to follow the quaggans out of the instance, doing so can reset the mission." Is that the big orange circle marked in the instance, or the actual mission wall, which is actually past that. (I see that big orange circle as the area that can have quaggan spawns anywhere inside. Not the instance wall.)

The instance is actually a bit bigger than the orange circle. You can safely leave the orange circle as long as you pay attention not to leave the instance. Before leaving the instance you will get a pop-up warning you, so you can turn around and stay inside. If you're unsure whether a quaggan is out of harms way or there is another group of krait waiting for him, just stick around for a while and watch him from afar. When the quaggan is out of sight at the instance's border, he's definitely safe.

Personally I'm not a fan of this mechanic that kicks you from the instance if you run too far. ANet should just teleport players back a bit (like the ocean currents at map borders) when they hit the border. There are enough alternative ways to leave an instance, so running out of it surely won't be missed.

Archived