What new counters have you run into?

Kuya.6495

Not necessarily counters to PoF elites, can also be PoF elites that counter other specs. Try to think beyond of what you personally have found you countered but what you've seen enemies and teammates consistently counter.

I'll start:Rifle Deadeye > Scourge/Reaper/NecroSpellbreaker > auramancer tempest, condi scourgeSupport Firebrand > condi scourge, condi thf, condi rev, condi mirage/chronoCondi Scourge > bunkers, except Support FirebrandPower LB rng/druid/soulbeast > scourge

People should record their matches and watch to see if they're not just selectively remembering things or a prisoner of the moment. The whole "counter" thing is super dependent on situations.

For example, it's easy to remember getting one-shot by a deadeye or Soulbeast playing something like a Scourge and, thus, think it's a hard counter. However, you might also forget as a Scourge in other scenarios where you kill the ranger pet and force the deadeye to do nothing until you're in LOS.

On the flip side, it's easy to rage about Scourge point control when you suddenly die fighting in the shades, but you forget how easy it is to kill them when they are moving/rotating/start of the match/solo without support/etc.

If you record matches, you will also see that there are MANY fights off node...often just as much as on nodes...thus, builds/professions that are point control versus roamers/+1 can't be simplified into a question like "who are hard counters?" It depends on situations and players tend to only remember/post about the things that make them "rage" more than the opposite.

In short, the premise of this thread is too simplistic and prone to prisoner of the moment/selective memory. In the grand scheme of things, ANET has done an admirable job for a new expansion with regard to balance. People are finding viable builds for all professions and adapting to the new specs/abilities.

A few abilities here and there are probably over-budget (i.e. Full Counter), but the game is amazingly playable at a competitive level with almost any profession right now...depending on the SKILL of the player and their knowledge/experience with all the new abilities.

Do you have a build setup for the support firebrand?

I heard it is the new top tier support spec that is potentially even better than tempest.

Edit: Tried to put together a build myself. Worked pretty well. Not as much consistent healing as tempest but provide more support in other forms. Probably there is a lot of room for improvement since I am not that familiar with guardian.

@Exciton.8942 said:Do you have a build setup for the support firebrand?

I heard it is the new top tier support spec that is potentially even better than tempest.

Edit: Tried to put together a build myself. Worked pretty well. Not as much consistent healing as tempest but provide more support in other forms. Probably there is a lot of room for improvement since I am not that familiar with guardian.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRApd5ensADNCjVDBeDBkCjlGC7aYtACAYFgIQXaPfuPLoA-jJhXABKfSASsMwiPBAA2fAA

That's what I'm running right now. I used to run 3/3/3 in fb line and 2/2/2 in honor. Changed it because: since my build is mantra heavy, lowering mantra recharge is helpful. I've noticed i run out of charges less quickly. I changed honor because i wanted to squeeze out more healing and i found that trying to rez with scourges around was more often than not a death sentence, so i focus on not letting people die in the first place.

The build works for me because i can easily divide it to two aspects. what i need to do to survive and what i need to do to help others survive. when i need to help others survive, i use my tomes. when i need to survive i use my mantras and my weapons. one thing i especially like to do is save tome of resolve for my teammates and courage for myself during condi bombs. spam resistance while i use medis and mantras to cleanse while i take no damage. save resolve to cleanse foe teammates.

@Kuya.6495 said:

@Exciton.8942 said:Do you have a build setup for the support firebrand?

That's what I'm running right now. I used to run 3/3/3 in fb line and 2/2/2 in honor. Changed it because: since my build is mantra heavy, lowering mantra recharge is helpful. I've noticed i run out of charges less quickly. I changed honor because i wanted to squeeze out more healing and i found that trying to rez with scourges around was more often than not a death sentence, so i focus on not letting people die in the first place.

The build works for me because i can easily divide it to two aspects. what i need to do to survive and what i need to do to help others survive. when i need to help others survive, i use my tomes. when i need to survive i use my mantras and my weapons. one thing i especially like to do is save tome of resolve for my teammates and courage for myself during condi bombs. spam resistance while i use medis and mantras to cleanse while i take no damage. save resolve to cleanse foe teammates.

Here is my take

I am going for shout + signet of mercy as I am really not a big fan of mantrahttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRAse5dl8AhOhYpQwVIQQELVE2e6sdWPzGPnn0D2AIAEBA-jZBHABA8AAqvMQzHBAY2fYgTCAA

I don't quite understand why you don't take virtues. My understanding is that I want to use those strong tome skills as often as I can. Reducing virtue CD definitely helps. And stability on F3 and cleanse on F2 are always good to have. I think as long as my F3 and F2 are up it is impossible for my team to lose the teamfight. And on top of these I still have quite a bit quickness support for my allies.

@SPESHAL.9106 said:

@Daharahj.1325 said:I appreciate the lowkey effort to try and prevent scourges from getting nerfed.

Also, p/p deadeye does everything rifle does but better.

You seem to be having trouble with Scourge. Are you losing on all professions/specs or just certain ones?

I ended up having to fight cancer with cancer.

It feels really kittenty kiting a necro with a p/p deadeye and watch as they can't do anything to retaliate, but oh well, that's ANet's motto with this expansion.

Archived