My core S/d thief roaming commentary vid

LaFurion.3167

Hello all.

This is my 2nd commentary video for wvw on my core sword and dagger thief. I actually did one before this, which was my very first ever gw2 video as I learned how to use shotcut and geforce recording etc etc, so didn't post anything about it. Shotcut was a NIGHTMARE to figure out, but am very grateful for the suggestion.

I was really inspired by Yishis and his videos; they are half the reason I got into gw2 and will continue to keep playing gw2 forever!

I'm from New Zealand and have only very very recently started playing Gw2 as my main game again. I do play on 240-290 ping, so there are obviously flaws and things that I could do better, but for now I just hope you guys enjoy.

Also I do know that I complain a loooooot sometimes about the state of some things in the game, but its only because I'm in love with the game and want to see it explode in population and playerbase. Will probably continue to play thief no matter how bad my ping is and how much they continue to nerf core thief!

The build is similar to the metabattle core sd thief, with a few changes that I go over in my first video. Let me know what you think! :)

No offense, but most of your opponents run really bad builds for the 1v1's or you just fight classes s/d thief heavily counters. And then, when you meet players who actually can fight back you start QQ-threats like this one...

Also, the problem with montages in general is that after 6+ years in the game, people have already seen too many videos with average fights, i.e. when veteran players watch this they just think: "Ok, what's special about these scenes?" I mean, it's not particularly bad or so but I cannot see something that would make this video special.

You have a lot of good dodges and you go for a lot of pretty high-value steals in this vid. My only suggestion would be to utilize shortbow more during your fights, it's autos and utility could have saved you in a few situations or at least made things easier. Overall a good show, thanks for helping keep the fun thief builds alive.

@"syszery.1592" said:No offense, but most of your opponents run really bad builds for the 1v1's or you just fight classes s/d thief heavily counters. And then, when you meet players who actually can fight back you start QQ-threats like this one...

Also, the problem with montages in general is that after 6+ years in the game, people have already seen too many videos with average fights, i.e. when veteran players watch this they just think: "Ok, what's special about these scenes?" I mean, it's not particularly bad or so but I cannot see something that would make this video special.

I totally agree with daggerstorm being stupid. But why as a core thief would I use anything else when elite spec power creep has been introduced? Sword dagger with 25 might, the hardest attack i can do is a 6.5k~ crit with larcenous strike. holo smith auto attack does more than that. And imagine me with 280~ latency trying to dodge; sometimes ill be halfway in dodge roll animation and still get hit by the deaths judgement etc. Can you blame me for raging occasionally at how ridiculous some parts of the game, especially balancing is? I had a fight vs a really good 1v1 power warrior running longbow and I couldn't auto attack him, he let me keep getting back up and we kept "fighting" but even when I only had 218ms it was so depressing i nearly uninstalled the awesome game. I could ONLY hit him by using infiltrators strike, or sword 3 or sword 5 with steal.

If they would buff core thief and remove dagger storm I would be totally fine with it. But Core thief has no other way to survive army from condi mirage, pew pew ranger damage uptime with longbow 2 and smokescale tracking attack . And in wvw roaming where I have to fight 1v5 90% of the time with only a rare chance of getting a fair 1v1, yes I will take as much as I can to survive. I do not run instant reflexes or any proc trait though.

@GloriousAlkaid.5104 said:You have a lot of good dodges and you go for a lot of pretty high-value steals in this vid. My only suggestion would be to utilize shortbow more during your fights, it's autos and utility could have saved you in a few situations or at least made things easier. Overall a good show, thanks for helping keep the fun thief builds alive.

Thanks! I know exactly what you mean. I've been trying to stay in short bow more as power since the damage from 2 seems really good! definitely will try to use it more as an alternate weapon.

quick question, I feel like I cant shortbow 2 into steal anymore. Not sure if its just my latency or if they have made it so you cant detonate it right away with double tap? or is it just me.

Archived