The Most Ideal Hammer Scrapper Build?

Nor.2057

Wanted to use Hammer Engineer mainly since the Trait Line for scrapper favours it i was hoping to achieve something there same for MetaBattle there is also a Quickness Hammer Build anyway i know its not ideal overall vs other classes and builds but i still think would be fun...

Mainly for Fractals and Openworld wut could be the most ideal Power-Scrapper-Hammer build? should i just use metabattle build (have used it but i still think more damage can be done) or maybe trying to achieve perma quickness maybe? or a tweak here and there?

Depends on what "most ideal" means for you.. -> Most damage Output? or an "ideal" mix between damage and survivability?If most damage Output do you want high constant dps or do you want high spike-damage possibilities?

No idea what metabattle says but:If you want standard damage Output then simply go for explosives and firearms with the obvious damage traits, take with you grenade kit and rotate between hammer (autoattack for fast might Generation) and grenades. Don't know if bomb kit is useful as you won't generate might while in bomb kit. Other utilities can be rifle turret for toolbelt, elixir U for additional quickness and might from stability.Change some Berserker stats for valkyrie to avoid overcapping the critical hit Chance in fractals.

I don't think that going for perma quickness will give better damage due to the fact that both explosives and firearms can provide you a 20-25% dps increase.

@"Prinzsecond.4863" said:Depends on what "most ideal" means for you.. -> Most damage Output? or an "ideal" mix between damage and survivability?If most damage Output do you want high constant dps or do you want high spike-damage possibilities?

No idea what metabattle says but:If you want standard damage Output then simply go for explosives and firearms with the obvious damage traits, take with you grenade kit and rotate between hammer (autoattack for fast might Generation) and grenades. Don't know if bomb kit is useful as you won't generate might while in bomb kit. Other utilities can be rifle turret for toolbelt, elixir U for additional quickness and might from stability.Change some Berserker stats for valkyrie to avoid overcapping the critical hit Chance in fractals.

I don't think that going for perma quickness will give better damage due to the fact that both explosives and firearms can provide you a 20-25% dps increase.

Ah ok good to know , yeah damage output its what im looking for , was hoping perma quickness was the way to go that seemed very fun but will test with firearms and explosive tyvm!

The short version is, my PVE scrapper build is mostly the PVE Holosmith build on snowcrows, except instead of holosmith it's scrapper. The long version is...

Gear: All BerserkerRunes: x6 ScholarSigils: Force, AirWeapon: HammerUtilities: Healing Turret, Grenade Kit, (Free Space), (Free Space), Supply Crate

Specializations:
Explosives: Glass Cannon, Big Boomer, Orbital CommandFirearms: High Caliber, No Scope, Modified AmmunitionScrapper: Perfectly Weighted, Mass Momentum, Applied Force (solo) or Kinetic Stabilizers (when with quickness firebrand or quickness chrono).

As with all engineer builds, the important thing to remember is to be context sensitive. You should be changing your utilities as needed, and not just sticking to one loadout. A short breakdown of all the (IMO) useful utilities.

Elixir U: This is usually a staple on my bar. I'll take it out if my teammates give me permanent quickness.Bulwark Gyro: The defensive buff is significant, and the projectile reflect is also really useful. Also the staple on my bar.Rifle Turret: This is mostly to spam the toolbelt skill. It's essentially a free damage boost, so it is good if defenses/quickness are taken care of.Flamethrower: I only use this for tagging mobs in the overworld.Personal Battering Ram: This one is good if you need to move enemies around, or if you need a lot of CC in a short time.
Bomb Kit: This is good for attacking in a wide area, and also for the blind spam.Mortar Kit: I use this mostly for blind spam, which is really good against certain enemies and in certain fractals.Sneak Gyro: Sometimes you just need a lot of stealth.

The other utilities are used sparingly. Most have an application somewhere. An important tip to remember is that you can click on your teammaate's icon in order to target them, which makes using the function gyro much easier.

Overall, the scrapper does have its uses over the holosmith in sub-optimal parties. Sneak Gyro can carry well in certain fractals, Bulwark Gyro is pretty useful in others with a lot of projectiles. The hammer is good at self-buffing with might, and also debuffing with vulnerability. The self-quickness is good, too, if your teammates don't give it to you. The function gyro is good for reviving players in dangerous places. The biggest advantage, IMO, is ease of use. The holosmith blows itself up and gets locked in holo mode, but the scrapper has plenty of defensive skills and doesn't get locked out of anything. This makes the scrapper sturdier overall.

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:The short version is, my PVE scrapper build is mostly the PVE Holosmith build on snowcrows, except instead of holosmith it's scrapper. The long version is...

Gear: All BerserkerRunes: x6 ScholarSigils: Force, AirWeapon: HammerUtilities: Healing Turret, Grenade Kit, (Free Space), (Free Space), Supply Crate

Specializations:

Explosives: Glass Cannon, Big Boomer, Orbital CommandFirearms: High Caliber, No Scope, Modified AmmunitionScrapper: Perfectly Weighted, Mass Momentum, Applied Force (solo) or Kinetic Stabilizers (when with quickness firebrand or quickness chrono).

As with all engineer builds, the important thing to remember is to be context sensitive. You should be changing your utilities as needed, and not just sticking to one loadout. A short breakdown of all the (IMO) useful utilities.

Elixir U: This is usually a staple on my bar. I'll take it out if my teammates give me permanent quickness.Bulwark Gyro: The defensive buff is significant, and the projectile reflect is also really useful. Also the staple on my bar.Rifle Turret: This is mostly to spam the toolbelt skill. It's essentially a free damage boost, so it is good if defenses/quickness are taken care of.Flamethrower: I only use this for tagging mobs in the overworld.Personal Battering Ram: This one is good if you need to move enemies around, or if you need a lot of CC in a short time.

Bomb Kit: This is good for attacking in a wide area, and also for the blind spam.Mortar Kit: I use this mostly for blind spam, which is really good against certain enemies and in certain fractals.Sneak Gyro: Sometimes you just need a lot of stealth.

The other utilities are used sparingly. Most have an application somewhere. An important tip to remember is that you can click on your teammaate's icon in order to target them, which makes using the function gyro much easier.

Overall, the scrapper does have its uses over the holosmith in sub-optimal parties. Sneak Gyro can carry well in certain fractals, Bulwark Gyro is pretty useful in others with a lot of projectiles. The hammer is good at self-buffing with might, and also debuffing with vulnerability. The self-quickness is good, too, if your teammates don't give it to you. The function gyro is good for reviving players in dangerous places. The biggest advantage, IMO, is ease of use. The holosmith blows itself up and gets locked in holo mode, but the scrapper has plenty of defensive skills and doesn't get locked out of anything. This makes the scrapper sturdier overall.

wow thank you very much for this detailed and nice build for scrapper and right on with the differences on holo and scrapper gonna test this out sounds fun and useful :)

• 2 weeks later...

@"Jimbru.6014" said:Given how Engineers in general and Scrappers in particular are somewhat dependent on boon stacking for strength and Swiftness for mobility, I wonder how Runes of the Pack or Fireworks might do in a Scrapper or "mad bomber" type build.

I'm targeting this build but haven't the mats to make the whole thing yet:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncTBFYhtbBGpCsehl7iCsBjwAI8DCoMj+2j9cH-jxBBQBB4BAwv9H8rOAAr+zgVCKYlfA4CAQKgdXGB-e

In the meantime I'm using a combo of berserker/harriers with durability runes. It's not meta and I doubt any tryhards would give it a second look but it can flip from tanky to DPS on the run with two trait flips. I'm no WvW player but it's what I'm running for now. It roams like nothing else paired with a Scourge.

Don't build like those scrappers that you see who go pure healing. You might as well just play a firebrand instead since it gives heals and a lot of other goodies (stability/aegis). Blocking 100% of a 10k dmg phase smash is always more "healing" than any heal ability will do. That build really only shines in zerg fights IMO but at that point who cares.

How about a damage oriented scrapper that still does over 1k heals on med kit auto.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdEQFASnsTBlchlXBubBEqilBj6LAWv3TMALhQg+zz8OH-jFDXABjeBAwc/BZVDoxHAAU6AiWJIVKd6RVAAUCJsygYVpQKVU2MIAMBAmkkokst8EpA8bZE-w

• 4 weeks later...

@"Ruufio.1496" said:How about a damage oriented scrapper that still does over 1k heals on med kit auto.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdEQFASnsTBlchlXBubBEqilBj6LAWv3TMALhQg+zz8OH-jFDXABjeBAwc/BZVDoxHAAU6AiWJIVKd6RVAAUCJsygYVpQKVU2MIAMBAmkkokst8EpA8bZE-w

Love this idea and been trying to run it, but lack of speed in WvW means you have to choose between explosives and alchemy. I have two Zealot Hammers one with healing sigils on it and other with Bloodlust and Cleansing. Switch stones for bountiful oil depending on how you want to roll. It's a fun build for small scale and pug zerging and with upcoming Scrapper changes could be even better.

It's like a healing bruiser with 3k power + built up and heals that can get your group over the burst. Thanks for this. Takes a while getting zealot and crusader stuff though.

Archived