An Update about Episode 5

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had purple today, and there might be some truth to "last person in gets the plate" theory. More often than not, I run in while it's being killed, while there are 1 or more people already in there, and I get the plate. One time when I had an issue, others came in after me.

Seeing someone post this theory, I went in alone today, and someone came in during phase 1, so I ran out really quick (while they finished phase 1 and then did the critters for the in between phase and started phase 2) and ran back in and helped finish phase 2, and I got the plate. :)

Clayton, Can I ask a related question? Until yesterday evening (so before the patch) I always got the Gravelling room as one of the rooms I needed to go through on my way to the end room. Yesterday evening (after the patch) I got to the end room without having to fight the Gravelling. And as there is a point of interest in that room and this was the only character without map completion for Thunderhead Peaks that was inconvenient. Is this a bug or was I "lucky" so far on my other characters to always got the Gravelling room?

@"Rose Solane.1027" said:Clayton, Can I ask a related question? Until yesterday evening (so before the patch) I always got the Gravelling room as one of the rooms I needed to go through on my way to the end room. Yesterday evening (after the patch) I got to the end room without having to fight the Gravelling. And as there is a point of interest in that room and this was the only character without map completion for Thunderhead Peaks that was inconvenient. Is this a bug or was I "lucky" so far on my other characters to always got the Gravelling room?

You were just lucky. The rooms you get each day may be different sets. Keep trying and you will get it in your rotation eventually. This isn't a bug, thankfully.

@Clayton Kisko.5207 said:

@Sindariel.2354 said:It's NOT fixed.

Could you elaborate a bit more? The patch that went out today fixed this issue. I'd love to hear what you experienced :)

The issue with the graveling not dropping the plate does seem to be fixed. I did it today in a room with several other ppl and got the drop on the first kill, and it appeared at least one other person got it at the same time. So I would say that issue is resolved . . .

Another fix released in that patch does not seem to have resolved its issue, and that is the bugged focus cheeve. A fix went out that presumably addresses the issue for ppl who complete the focus cheeves moving forward, but those of us who had already completed them before the patch still do not have credit for the third one and therefore cannot progress that 'mini-meta' cheeve . . .

Could you elaborate a bit more? The patch that went out today fixed this issue. I'd love to hear what you experienced :)

• I killed the graveling more than a dozen times yesterday and he didn't drop a plate to me. All other player in the room except one also didn't get a plate.
  • When all other players already left and i was the last one in the room, i continued to kill the graveling. Than i observed other players entering the room, hitting the graveling once or twice (in one case don't even hitting it) and picking up it's plate. No plate for me.
  • The graveling didn't even drop a plate to me when i was definitely the last player in the room.After ~45 mins, i gave up and left.

Note: I entered the room via Mesmer portal, like veryone else. I stayed in the room for the whole time. I didn't try to re-enter.

@Sindariel.2354 said:

• I killed the graveling more than a dozen times yesterday and he didn't drop a plate to me. All other player in the room except one also didn't get a plate.
  • When all other players already left and i was the last one in the room, i continued to kill the graveling. Than i observed other players entering the room, hitting the graveling once or twice (in one case don't even hitting it) and picking up it's plate. No plate for me.
  • The graveling didn't even drop a plate to me when i was definitely the last player in the room.After ~45 mins, i gave up and left.

Note: I entered the room via Mesmer portal, like veryone else. I stayed in the room for the whole time. I didn't try to re-enter.

why do you go into the room via mesmer portal? Of course it doesnt drop a plate, if you dont spend a plate to get into it.

@"Sindariel.2354" said:Currently experiencing the same as yesterday. Killing it over and over, but no plate. Other players enter the room and get it first try....Do we need to have the Light of Deldrimor active, or is there any "trick" to get. it?

Not sure if you need the Light of Deldrimor Buff still active when killing the graveling but you definately must have it activated on that day in order to put in your plate to get into that room.

If you could just portal into any room and get a plate without consuming a light of deldrimor plate before, nobody would do the metas.

Players who portal into that room do so in order to get the POI, not the plate.

why do you go into the room via mesmer portal? Of course it doesnt drop a plate, if you dont spend a plate to get into it.

How else would you enter a room, when the plate that opens the room is INSIDE THAT ROOM!?And other players who got portaled in did get the plate.

@Wanze.8410 said:

@Sindariel.2354 said:Currently experiencing the same as yesterday. Killing it over and over, but no plate. Other players enter the room and get it first try....Do we need to have the Light of Deldrimor active, or is there any "trick" to get. it?

Not sure if you need the Light of Deldrimor Buff still active when killing the graveling but you definately must have it activated on that day in order to put in your plate to get into that room.

If you could just portal into any room and get a plate without consuming a light of deldrimor plate before, nobody would do the metas.

This is absolutely wrong. You can pick up any plate in all the other rooms without the Light of Deldrimor. People portal in because of that stupid mechanic where the plates drop in the rooms of the same color and theres no other way to enter them.You dont't even need to enter the green room to get the POI. Just get close to the gate.

How else would you enter a room, when the plate that opens the room is INSIDE THAT ROOM!?And other players who got portaled in
did
get the plate.

You get it from one of the other rooms by during after turning in a completed plate from the metas to the dwarf. That’s assuming the room is a part of the rotation. You can also get it if you’re on that story step.

Otherwise, why do you need the plate?

@Sindariel.2354 said:Currently experiencing the same as yesterday. Killing it over and over, but no plate. Other players enter the room and get it first try....Do we need to have the Light of Deldrimor active, or is there any "trick" to get. it?

This is absolutely wrong. You can pick up any plate in all the other rooms without the Light of Deldrimor. People portal in because of that stupid mechanic where the plates drop in the rooms of the same color and theres no other way to enter them.You dont't even need to enter the green room to get the POI. Just get close to the gate.

That’s not a mechanic but a bug. I have only ever seen that happen for purple. There’s also absolutely no purpose to go into a room in order to get the plate to unlock it as it gets you nowhere.

The only reason to get ported into the purple room is for the POI or the hidden chests.

• ArenaNet Staff

@Urud.4925 said:Thank you @Clayton Kisko.5207 for fixing this issue and thank you to your colleagues as well for changing a bit the Thunderhead Peak's meta (both not so critical issues, but now they're better). You guys are simply great :)

Our pleasure! Thanks for everyone's patients and understanding! You all are the best!

@Urud.4925 said:Thank you @Clayton Kisko.5207 for fixing this issue and thank you to your colleagues as well for changing a bit the Thunderhead Peak's meta (both not so critical issues, but now they're better). You guys are simply great :)

Our pleasure! Thanks for everyone's patients and understanding! You all are the best!

No, you're the best! A lot of us may moan and whinge but I think most of us do appreciate your hard work!

@Sindariel.2354 said:How else would you enter a room, when the plate that opens the room is INSIDE THAT ROOM!?This only happens if you enter the room via a portal. Basically, the game has an order of dropped plates, and if you happen to enter the first room via other means than the plate from the dwarf, the game will see you still do not have the plate for the first room, and will give you one (instead of the plate for the next room). In order to avoid that you do need to enter each room the intended way.

Our pleasure! Thanks for everyone's
patients
and understanding! You all are the best!

I can't help it. I can't. How many patients were donated to the cause to fix this issue? Sorry, Friday morning and I needed that. Did both metas got both lights, and circumnavigated the puzzle just fine, so for all those patients, it worked! A shame I do not have more patience!

• ArenaNet Staff

@Etria.3642 said:

Our pleasure! Thanks for everyone's
patients
and understanding! You all are the best!

I can't help it. I can't. How many patients were donated to the cause to fix this issue? Sorry, Friday morning and I needed that. Did both metas got both lights, and circumnavigated the puzzle just fine, so for all those patients, it worked! A shame I do not have more patience!

Oh man, for shame on my part. Sorry about that! I tend to type very quickly as I hop between meetings. Mental note the next time I use the word patience! XD

Archived