Lockdown warrior

RedShark.9548

Sup fellow warriors.So ive been trying out stuff in pvp since ive got bored with core axe and dont like the metabuilds, tetherbreaker is absolutely not my playstyle.

Prehot i really loved roaming wvw with hammer/gs and thats what im going for again, trying to not make it a sidenode kitten, but more of a skirmisher, ripping boons left and right and knockin them down to their knees. Now im going back to hammer, because i previously thought that dispelling force only works when the opponent suffers those cc's making it obsolete as soon as the enemy has stabillity. Turns out it works even on the attempt to cc them, as long as it connects, they have stab while you do? No problem, they lose a boon nevertheless, with some luck you get rid of stabillity and your next attempt will actually interrupt them, triggering sigil of absorption etc.

So now i also tried hammer dagger/shield but thats so slow/kiteable and has low pressure.

So thats what im working with so far.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQJARSnEdAldgdeAu6CM7iFtADJAMAGdKzgT3LAvCnh/wA-jphIABxXGIj9HA4CAw9DAY/jAQ7HCAA

My problem now is that i cant rly decide for a rune... Ive gone through them and only rly just thought these were usefull:Rune of air, wurm, mesmer, lyssa, earth

Air: more ferocity, which i lack rn, swiftness uptime, okeyish, and a shocking aura for more interrupts, with sadly a relatively long cd

Wurm: pure stat increase

Mesmer: more daze, but only counter dazes... And nice stat boost

Lyssa: more precision and a condi cleanse, which is always nice but works better with signet of rage because of lower cd

Earth: beefing up the build. For quite a bit, making up for the lack of shield maybe

Any other options i didnt look at? An honorable mention might be rune of the fighter, which works rly well with mmr builds and mending.

Any other suggestions to the build are welcomed aswell, but pls dont tell me to play metabuilds. Thanks.

You need stability from somewhere,hammer is slow and gets interrupted all the time.You can go full meme and get barbarian amulet with melandru or some 10% hp rune. Also not sure about mending Natural healing seems better or just signet.Also rune of speed might be good idea to zip around with hammer.

@Vancho.8750 said:You need stability from somewhere,hammer is slow and gets interrupted all the time.You can go full meme and get barbarian amulet with melandru or some 10% hp rune. Also not sure about mending Natural healing seems better or just signet.Also rune of speed might be good idea to zip around with hammer.

Mh, could just swap out featherfoot grace for balanced stance if needed, but im running rousing resilience, it wouldnt be activated while having stab.

Why barbarian? Its not mich different to paladins, just that it is less tanky.

Have you ever tried mending?Its alot more reliable with lower cd than natural healing, losing 3 condis every 15 seconds is way better than losing all boons and condis every 25seconds, due to the easy and fast application of condis

Natural healing acts as a 3rd full condi clear also heals for double and with that build i don't see much boons anyway. Mending will be better if you go with strength instead of discipline or defense with peak performance and merciless hammer. Warrior rune will be good if you drop discipline and slow counter for easier hammer bursts. Also you might consider Heightened Focus for some quickness on hammer cause its terribly slow and might surprise with fast backbreacker. Barbarian just for the lolz for having 30k+ hp.

Archived