Siren's Reef with birds?

Bugabuga.9721

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've tried with my Holosmith, while having bird my back:-laser disc-arena-shield-bombs-grenade barrage-mortarEtc.

I have the feeling even fractal itself was blown away, including environment.. expect the bloody stupid stubborn bird on my shoulders.It's pathetic and embarrassing to see the chaos around and invulnerable bird.Terrible game design.Full stop.

@"Derdzvero.7051" said:I've tried with my Holosmith, while having bird my back:-laser disc-arena-shield-bombs-grenade barrage-mortarEtc.

I have the feeling even fractal itself was blown away, including environment.. expect the bloody stupid stubborn bird on my shoulders.It's pathetic and embarrassing to see the chaos around and invulnerable bird.Terrible game design.Full stop.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mistlock_Instability:_Birds

Birds of prey periodically assault players. Dodging transfers the birds to nearby enemies for 4 seconds.

Have you tried dodging?

@Cyninja.2954 said:

Have you tried dodging?

I know, just wanted to point out how ridiculous and terrible from gameplay and visual perspective is to have flying rocks, mobs and shrapnel around, but not being able to push a stubborn colibri away. And no, they don't transfer most of the time ;)It feels almost so bad as to have a naked female character, facetanking a huge boss and exchanging hits for 10min...you get my point.

@Derdzvero.7051 said:

Have you tried dodging?

I know, just wanted to point out how ridiculous and terrible from gameplay and visual perspective is to have flying rocks, mobs and shrapnel around, but not being able to push a stubborn colibri away. And no, they don't transfer most of the time ;)It feels almost so bad as to have a naked female character, facetanking a huge boss and exchanging hits for 10min...you get my point.

Oh I can get behind visual noise or other things which might impair the ability to deal with an instability or obstacle. @Kahlan.7249 also gave some constructive criticism as far as the birds instability goes. I'm just allergic to the constant whining and complaining going on by people who just want their free loot.

For example, I could get behind birds not proccing things like Vengeance, We Bleed Fire or No Pain, No Gain (when transferred). Not because I think it's unmanageable but because it narrows down the viable classes and class compositions to much and can become especially deadly on fractals like Siren's Reef (if not in a proper composition). From a balance and viability standpoint, more classes should be playable at all time.

Most people simply complain about the difficulty though without putting any effort into overcoming the challenge and that's not something I can often agree with (unless things become very unreasonable). That said, none of us get to make that decision. Arenanet have the final balance and decision making here and I'm sure action will get taken if deemed necessary (say if the completion rate of fractals drops with certain instabilities to far).

@Miellyn.6847 said:

@Avelynn.2691 said:I love how cannons are pivotal for the Skeleton and the boat adds, but you can be Bird-ed while in the cannon.

Or while you're carrying the treasure....good luck dodging with zero endurance.....

Don't double dodge to move faster? You only have zero endurance regeneration, not zero endurance.

yes don't dodge, just walk over aoes to spawn more trash mobs

How to deal with birds:

1. Know there are two types of birds:
    • the hunter's call type that is blind + 1k damage each second
    • regular enemy birds (juvenile) you can flat out kill.

You only need to use dodge for first type. And no, they do not attack that frequently. If you conserve your dodges and rely on healing/damage mitigation/cc instead, you will have enough endurance for a dodge next time they come. Only thing that could screw this up (save you wasting stamina yourself) is getting weakness. Pay attention you don't have that on you, or you can use rune of the stars + condi duration reduction food to ensure it's duration is vastly reduced.

The second type you can just flat out kill. Reason ppl die to birds is because either they wasted their dodges when there was no need, or got downed in which case they can't defend. Imho the winds on final boss's ship are far worse an issue the birds themselves.

For one thing i would suggest, is a getting revenant into party, as birds and their constant blinds can really mess you up if you can't dodge instantly. Party resistance will go along way in this fractal (especially in end boss fight). Other then that necromancers are great (ressing, barriers, cleave, beefy). I strongly suggeset bringing beefy professions or putting on tanky gear. For example i think plaguedoctor would be a very good set for support firebrand, or scourge.

Archived