Reaper or Scourge?

DHung.5263

@Nimon.7840 said:But scourge has the biggest ramp up time of all Condi classes. Causing it's the only one heavily relying on bleeding while the others all do conditions, that hit harder

I run with staff and scepter/torch and you're right that both weapons have a lot of bleeding. At the same time, it seems like I have a fair amount of access to Burning and Torment as well. (I have a Sigil of Smoldering on my Torch for 20% duration, and have almost 50% increased duration for Fire.)

I'm not a high-end player, but the tooltip on Torch 4 reads 4600 Fire damage on up to 5 targets, plus 1900 Torment (2800 if moving). Dropping a Shade hits a group with 2300 Fire damage -- and if I traited Dhuumfire I could get another 1700 Fire damage. Fear from the Shade (and me as well) does about 3000 damage between Fear's traited damage and Torment. And Scepter 3 adds 930 Torment damage per condition (1400 if moving) -- I'll likely have Bleed, Poison, Cripple, and Burning, and if Torment itself counts that's 4500 damage if they're not moving.

Of course the key is damage over what time, and some of the times are pretty long. Usually about 10-11 seconds, though Scepter 2 is spread over 24 seconds! With my build/equipment I've noticed that Fear (F4) is a key early step. When it hits, I clearly see conditions jump and without it things do seem to take a lot longer.

@Druitt.7629 said:

@Nimon.7840 said:But scourge has the biggest ramp up time of all Condi classes. Causing it's the only one heavily relying on bleeding while the others all do conditions, that hit harder

I run with staff and scepter/torch and you're right that both weapons have a lot of bleeding. At the same time, it seems like I have a fair amount of access to Burning and Torment as well. (I have a Sigil of Smoldering on my Torch for 20% duration, and have almost 50% increased duration for Fire.)

I'm not a high-end player, but the tooltip on Torch 4 reads 4600 Fire damage on up to 5 targets, plus 1900 Torment (2800 if moving). Dropping a Shade hits a group with 2300 Fire damage -- and if I traited Dhuumfire I could get another 1700 Fire damage. Fear from the Shade (and me as well) does about 3000 damage between Fear's traited damage and Torment. And Scepter 3 adds 930 Torment damage per condition (1400 if moving) -- I'll likely have Bleed, Poison, Cripple, and Burning, and if Torment itself counts that's 4500 damage if they're not moving.

Of course the key is damage over what time, and some of the times are pretty long. Usually about 10-11 seconds, though Scepter 2 is spread over 24 seconds! With my build/equipment I've noticed that Fear (F4) is a key early step. When it hits, I clearly see conditions jump and without it things do seem to take a lot longer.

I average between 12 to 23k Dps depending on the fight. I am not what you'd call an expert player. I do out DPS most pugs and most my guild. But this is ignoring the fact I've been pretty busy the past few months. I've just lacked the time. So those numbers could change. In a controlled setting I hit between 20-24k last I checked. But raids don't work like that. My DPS with Reaper, Holosmith, Renegade is all fairly similar. Scourge being my personal top dps.

Got tired of reading some posts above as they dont rly say anything...good..reaper gs axe/wh is the weapon set to use. Axe 2 and wh5 is only thing useful. Swap to gs 3542 auto attack gs 2 is very very strong gs3 applies a ton of vuln and does more dmg to targets above 50% gs does more dmg to targets below 50%. Scourge is very strong in group play. Condi scourge scepter/torch. Scourge wasnt a support/healer to start btw. It just sucked but now its coming into light for a lot of people! (Btw axe autos are crap dmg)

Archived