What happens if anet only decides to slightly nerf condi mirage.

ErazorZ.5209

Chrono will take its place within no time. Power will be another alternative. And both will be almost as powerfull in the next patch as Condi mirage is now.

Why? Because the issue with mesmer is not just the dodge breakstun or the mirage mirror entirety of its effects. It is the massive amounts of defenses with low cooldown and teleport/stealth on command to reset cooldowns when running from a battle. And still being able to one shot from stealth.

Glasscannons should be glass. Glass breaks easily. If mesmers want to do high dps on condi or power. They should be punished for it by having low access to survival. Not have an entire toolkit available to them. This currently allows them to have no trade offs for going glass, wich makes picking runes that dont do either mass damage or mass tank basically obsolete. This wasnt a big issue before the elite specs. But due to pure powercreep mesmers toolkits became bloated. Too much with too little cooldowns.

As an avid PvP Fan, i will stop playing PvP untill this is fixed. I play this game to have fun. Not to be annoyed by a spec that is basically unbeatable by whatever i do. And it is ruining PvP for me and allot more people i know.

I expect boonbeast to be slightly normalised aswell. Eventho i personally do not have allot of issue with them in my games. I understand that pure sustain is bad for the game. (looking at you bunker mesmer during HoT https://www.twitch.tv/videos/30048176?t=01h56m56s )

If I were to do a few changes to mirage I would only focus only on easing up its defensive ability with the intent to open up some more damage windows.

1) Change the ICD of reflect on evade trait to 5s. Intent: make it easier to find ways to attack tanky mesmer builds.

2) Mirage cloak on clones doesn't give them evade. Intent: give players something to do to limit the damage of gs auto spamming power mirages and staff sage mirages. This directly reduces their damage output against active players.

Together this will push mesmer out of the tanky 1v1 role while keeping them able to perform a roamer role effectively.

Well, when your whole attack setup depends on evades. Obviously the damage is gonna diminish a little if you nerf it's balance, which in turn will probably ease the pressure of said build. Which may as well balance it, there's no timing require for them to use it since there's so much of it.

If the playstyle of mirage was actually based around the same as power mesmer and the name itself (ambush), things would actually be a lot better imo.

Personally I'm not against giving them a lot of it, but it would be nice if that require some actual setup rather than relentlessly keep going at your target without really having anything to work about, unless your threat can instant cast or just sit back and wait until it's gone.

Condition mirage is in a weird position where it can oppress anything but specific builds, which is why Anet is probably hesitant to nerf it, I'd say the best way to do so is limit the amount of ambushes and make players have to synergize a bit more with the rest of the existing skills to add a bit more variety to the builds so that it's not just about throwing hundreds and hundreds of axes to people until they melt or get destroy be because some people specifically build around destroying your class. I mean, you see power mesmers do sword ambush sometimes but always to pour damage all over? Not so much, the most creative mesmer I saw was the one using Axe Symmetry to burst, which at first got me by suprise but I had quite a lot of respect for him using that rather than keep going at me with ambush axes, it also felt like he wasn't going for just evading constantly which in turn made the fight a lot more fun.

One other problem has to be how the clones are endlessly given to the players, I really miss how it used to take more setup which is part of why the profession in general really snowballed in term of skill.

Everything has been mostly nerfed but that exact mechanic.

Anet has been shaving mirage and pushing it towards a side point duelist for awhile now. That would kinda be what they want. They've reduced the condition stacks on torch, reverted confusion, limited Jaunt to 2 stocks with 30s recharge, reduced the damage on all the condition ambushes, nerfed elusive mind, wrecked portal, nerfed vigor uptime, nerfed sigil of energy, and shortened the duration of confusion application.

Burst damage is down, and so is map mobility. Cleave and high sustained pressure (vs burst) continue to be the bane of any Mesmer build.

Nope. It's really just the condi burst potential of the axe + shatter combo that is over performing. Mesmer has as many active defence options as the other classes in the game, but they're just more based around evasion and stealth. Other classes just have varying amounts of blocks, heals and certain immunities for sustain options.

Plus most forms of power Mesmer are just food for Revs, Thieves and Soulbeasts. They have super burst for sure, but by golly is it one-dimensional and not very impactful compared to power builds on other classes. I don't think it'll be very popular either because it takes more effort than power choices on other classes.

Also, there's no such thing as a low survivability glass canon in GW2 unless you actively choose traits and skills that make your life harder. Active defence is absolutely everywhere across every class and it's been like this for a long long time.

Ive already seen quite a few CondiChronos lately, one dumped 32 stacks of confusion on me and trying to replicate the build at the moment the most ive been able to proc confusion for is about 10k..

Pretty sure the combo is CS>mirror images>cry of frustration > mirror images > cry of frustrationDuelist/illusions build.

@sephiroth.4217 said:Ive already seen quite a few CondiChronos lately, one dumped 32 stacks of confusion on me and trying to replicate the build at the moment the most ive been able to proc confusion for is about 10k..

Pretty sure the combo is CS>mirror images>cry of frustration > mirror images > cry of frustrationDuelist/illusions build.

Assuming you're in melee range that would dump 26 stacks with ineptitude. Assuming you also go hit with the torch phantasm and a couple of ticks scepter 3. That's a very plausible number of stacks. Honestly kudos to the chrono for getting all of that off

@Solori.6025 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:Ive already seen quite a few CondiChronos lately, one dumped 32 stacks of confusion on me and trying to replicate the build at the moment the most ive been able to proc confusion for is about 10k..

Assuming you're in melee range that would dump 26 stacks with ineptitude. Assuming you also go hit with the torch phantasm and a couple of ticks scepter 3. That's a very plausible number of stacks. Honestly kudos to the chrono for getting all of that off

It happened from stealth with a stun... Ive managed to replicate the build now..

Sword/Pistol scepter/torchIm using Viper, not sure what the other guy used.Duelist and illusion lines...

Torch 4 then torch 5 and switch weapon before youre put in combat, pistol 5 then pistol 4 to sword 3 immobolise and dump the CS > MI > CoF > MI > CoF combo..

It hurts way more than mirage!!!!

@sephiroth.4217 said:

It happened from stealth with a stun... Ive managed to replicate the build now..

Sword/Pistol scepter/torchIm using Viper, not sure what the other guy used.Duelist and illusion lines...

Torch 4 then torch 5 and switch weapon before youre put in combat, pistol 5 then pistol 4 to sword 3 immobolise and dump the CS > MI > CoF > MI > CoF combo..

It hurts way more than mirage!!!!And dies instant ?You know only 1 class (DE) can be permastealthed(thus not dying or being noticed) and do over 20k burst instant . You can see any kind of mesmer before they enter in stealth and after they leave it they have pretty long cd on it...Complaint abotu chrono...lol

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

It hurts way more than mirage!!!!And dies instant ?You know only 1 a
i
d*s class (DE) can be permastealthed and do over 20k burst instant ?

Yes the enemy dies nearly instantly...

If you meant my chrono, not really...Mirror images / decoy / torch 4 / blink / distortion / blurred frenzy / scepter 2 spam blocks and dodges, way more disengages and defensives than my Tempest.

DE was already easy to deal with before the unblockable effect was removed and now thats gone, well.... not sure how DE crept into this but we dont want him to be lonely so boonbeast and warrior can do damage too. ?

@sephiroth.4217 said:

It hurts way more than mirage!!!!And dies instant ?You know only 1 a
i
d*s class (DE) can be permastealthed and do over 20k burst instant ?

Yes the enemy dies nearly instantly...

If you meant my chrono, not really...Mirror images / decoy / torch 4 / blink / distortion / blurred frenzy / scepter 2 spam blocks and dodges, way more disengage and defensives than my Tempest.

DE was already easy to deal with before the unblockable effect was removed and now thats gone, well....

Malicious backstab cant be seen or preddicted? You being dodging like monkey while he seein you spend all dodges,then stab you for sure or with not so OP at all improved bullcharge, that not just knock you down but also gives you immob and 15 vulnerability stacks? You need to instantly press condi cleanse +breakstun + dodge and then he vanish in anti steal, if you even survived eksdeI mean feel free to record how you being carried by OP viper chrono against somewhat decent people , I would like to watch

@Solori.6025 said:

@UfoCoffee.2084 said:It will take a major mechanic nerf to get it in line with everyone else. Shorten evade time and make it so you can't evade whilst cc'ed would be a start.

Chrono can't evade while stunned? Why would you shorten chrono evade?

Is this a reall question? The free breakstuns on dodging is broken. Its like giving everyone access to a 3/4 sec cooldown breakstun. How can you not forsee any issues with that? srsly. I dont even understand how that got in the game in the first place. Very very weak design philosophy on a class that already has so many ways to mitigate damage and can with all this damage migitation can 1 shot....

If i said this about elementalist. The roof would be ablaze and everyone would demand for nerfs. One shot mechanics AND so much survival tools that literally no class can compare to it in the defensive department, not even slightly! On such a low cooldown even!

If you have to troll Solori, please dont 'discuss' in my threads.

@ErazorZ.5209 said:

@UfoCoffee.2084 said:It will take a major mechanic nerf to get it in line with everyone else. Shorten evade time and make it so you can't evade whilst cc'ed would be a start.

Chrono can't evade while stunned? Why would you shorten chrono evade?

Is this a reall question? The free breakstuns on dodging is broken. Its like giving everyone access to a 3/4 sec cooldown breakstun. How can you not forsee any issues with that? srsly. I dont even understand how that got in the game in the first place. Very very weak design philosophy on a class that already has so many ways to mitigate damage and can with all this damage migitation can 1 shot....

If i said this about elementalist. The roof would be ablaze and everyone would demand for nerfs. One shot mechanics AND so much survival tools that literally no class can compare to it in the defensive department, not even slightly! On such a low cooldown even!

If you have to troll Solori, please dont 'discuss' in my threads.

If you're to daft to know thw difference between chrono and mirage I have no words.Maybe try playing the game and not trolling the forums with lies and misinformation.Secondly unless you and Ucofe are the same person I wasnt responding to you. Maybe try reading your own thread?Or maybe try playing the chrono build you're crying about?

So yes. That's a real question..Mainly for someone with a brain. ( So you can feel free to not answer and maybe play with your crayons or eat glue. I dunno what you would do since reading is to advanced for you) Why would you lower chrono dodge. When the dodge chrono has functions like everyone else's?

Archived