Oi - More Content

Floz.8904

• 2 weeks later...

@Floz.8904 said:

GWe spend more money than most other players in the game. Give us something to show for it.

Cheers.

How do you know this? By what logic did you arrive at this conclusion. My best guess is that this isn't even close to true, but I never made a definitive statement. I'm guessing role players can probably give you a run for your money though.

@Vayne.8563 said:

GWe spend more money than most other players in the game. Give us something to show for it.

Cheers.

How do you know this? By what logic did you arrive at this conclusion. My best guess is that this isn't even close to true, but I never made a definitive statement.

By doing some pve and seeing most of them in freebie outfits.

I'm guessing role players can probably give you a run for your money though.

Was there an rp section in the gemstore I missed? Standing in a pub typing out fanfiction isn't charged... Should be, isnt

@LetoII.3782 said:

Cheers.

How do you know this? By what logic did you arrive at this conclusion. My best guess is that this isn't even close to true, but I never made a definitive statement.

Was there an rp section in the gemstore I missed? Standing in a pub typing out fanfiction isn't charged... Should be, isnt

Well, the RPers I knew bought every outfit they could, because they're skin crazy. They might have dozens of characters, all that need their own wardrobe. However, they're less likely to farm fractals and dungeons and more likely to spend cash. Just a thought.

@Vayne.8563 said:

Cheers.

. They might have dozens of characters, all that need their own wardrobe.That's not how gemstore skins work.

@LetoII.3782 said:

Cheers.

. They might have dozens of characters, all that need their own wardrobe.That's not how gemstore skins work.

Yeh bebe. They have to have an ele charr male/female. Ele asura male/female. Ele human male/female. Ele Norn male/female. Ele Plant male/female. Also dedicated ERP ele characters. Then cosmetics for each one because reasons.

D:

@LetoII.3782 said:

Cheers.

Sure it is. You're just not an RPer, so you don't realize. They buy not just weapon skins, but also MOUNT skins, which a WVW has little need for. I'm pretty sure mount sales make up a significant portion of gem store sales at this point.

More on topic, I wouldn't mind seeing a third WvW map, so that there aren't two duplicates. I think that would be a good thing. But I'd rather see the update where my guild can call WvW together first.

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

Cheers.

Yeh bebe. They have to have an ele charr male/female. Ele asura male/female. Ele human male/female. Ele Norn male/female. Ele Plant male/female. Also dedicated ERP ele characters. Then cosmetics for each one because reasons.

D:

It's not even just that. I mean you need winter outfits for one you go into cold zones, warmer outfits for hotter zones, formal outfits for parties, etc.

@Vayne.8563 said:

Cheers.

Sure it is. You're just not an RPer, so you don't realize. They buy not just weapon skins, but also MOUNT skins, which a WVW has little need for. I'm pretty sure mount sales make up a significant portion of gem store sales at this point.

You're aware of significant overlap between game modes, yes?Fashion warz isn't just an rp thing, it's a gw2 thing.

I mean, we're talking in the WvW section...

Absolutely and wholeheartedly agree with what OP said.

Luckily-unluckily for us, WvW players create their own content just by playing the game mode, so while it's not that bad, we'd gladly get some more means to create this content.

It's extremaly weird how small attention to WvW ArenaNet presents since I've got a good feeling that we are actually players who spend in game the most time.

I agree in thinking that more maps would be good for wvw, however im pretty sure they stated its very unlikely we will ever get more. Just because the desert map wasn't received very well, doesn't mean that the original alpine and ebg maps are good, I would argue that they are actually pretty dated and boring. Ive always thought wvw would be so much more interesting with variety in map design, such as having an urban city style map with alleyways and buildings you can enter, or an entirely indoor/underground map.

In a way, the map partially defines the meta, and i think some variety away from the open field necro/rev range meta would be good for the game. This game already has several mechanics like mes portal that can be really creatively used, but rarely are because of the map layout.

I've been hoping for some different WvW content for a while now, but I don't think ANet will take the risk on it.

Regarding the gemstore, I have to say mount skins are most of my recent purchases, which aren't usable in WvW anyway. I don't mind outfits as an idea, but there are seldom any outfits I like, so I seldom purchase any.

@Ben K.6238 said:

Regarding the gemstore, I have to say mount skins are most of my recent purchases, which aren't usable in WvW anyway. I don't mind outfits as an idea, but there are seldom any outfits I like, so I seldom purchase any.

I do want the jackalope skin but I'll be damned if I'll buy a chance to get one when there isn't a chance I'll want anything else. The gemstore artists have gotten super foo-foo over the course of the game, nothing recent looks like it might be actual armor or weapons. It's great that the girly types get a big wardrobe, but every new outfit is just as absurd as the last... Hated on as we might be in popular culture, macho types like to look good too and are also (potentially) paying customers.

Archived