Oi - More Content

Floz.8904

@LetoII.3782 said:I do miss open world pvp. Flawed concept it might be, doomed to live a short life at the launch of new mmo's. It's still fun to have so much area, lurking and stalking...

Randomly tossing an overworld map into green or blue spots might be cheap fun

First few months of WoW Classic are gonna be lit. Been a long time since I've done a Crossroads raid. :D

more content? WvW is a sandbox, contents are generated by playersthe more players there are the more contents that are there

the only issue is the balancing of the server population, after all these years it's still pretty badon some weeks you have some server links where there are so many wvw players there are queues across all maps, while other servers barely have a squad or two

Outnumbered buff is pretty pointless unless you are a roamer, with zerg vs zerg fight you are still getting crushed easily

they could do a pre-signup system, to balance around the population, but that would take away of players' freedom of playing WvW whenever they feel like to

@Optimator.3589 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:I do miss open world pvp. Flawed concept it might be, doomed to live a short life at the launch of new mmo's. It's still fun to have so much area, lurking and stalking...

Randomly tossing an overworld map into green or blue spots might be cheap fun

First few months of WoW Classic are gonna be lit. Been a long time since I've done a Crossroads raid. :D

Living in the past is a dangerous road for old timers to trod, but it did used to make me sad to see vanilla maps empty like they've been.. And what the game turned into <,<

• 3 weeks later...

Annnnd we got a Warclaw....

So now they're putting Mount skin revenue into WvW and destroying the game mode. This is not what we wanted. We've sunk money in for server transfers and guild upgrades and now they destroy the fundamentals of the game mode.

Looking at you NCSoft.

@"Optimator.3589" said:

How great this will be. With completely stupid designed classes, a 17 year old boring combat system and a guard spawn that never stops fueled by some "experiences from your first (or second big) mmorpg". What can go wrong, right?

@gebrechen.5643 said:

@"Optimator.3589" said:

How great this will be. With completely stupid designed classes, a 17 year old boring combat system and a guard spawn that never stops fueled by some "experiences from your first (or second big) mmorpg". What can go wrong, right?

Oh, the game is utter trash. But there is going to be a metric kittenton of world PvP going on for a while, and it'll be a diversion from the current stagnation in this game.

@Vayne.8563 said:

GWe spend more money than most other players in the game. Give us something to show for it.

Cheers.

How do you know this? By what logic did you arrive at this conclusion. My best guess is that this isn't even close to true, but I never made a definitive statement.

By doing some pve and seeing most of them in freebie outfits.

I'm guessing role players can probably give you a run for your money though.

Was there an rp section in the gemstore I missed? Standing in a pub typing out fanfiction isn't charged... Should be, isnt

Well, the RPers I knew bought every outfit they could, because they're skin crazy. They might have dozens of characters, all that need their own wardrobe. However, they're less likely to farm fractals and dungeons and more likely to spend cash. Just a thought.

WvWers are more likely to spend real money for gems than most PvE players in my experience. First, we don't farm the meta events as much to afford to buy gems with gold, and 2nd, we aren't as patient farming scripted encounters as most PvE players. I've bought far far fewer gems with gold than I have with RMTs.

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

@BadMed.3846 said:Why do we need content for WvW? Go do PvE man. All we need is a mode that can be enjoyed over and over every week.

Balance and build varietyThat's all we want

You can ask what you want. It seems BadMed is closer to the reality - you will get a MOUNT =) No need to go to the PvE. You can have the PvE into WvW =) Imagine a squad using the dismount skill against the Overgrowth Grub !

@Floz.8904 said:Give WvW more content. Map (despite what haters say Desert BL is dope), structures, siege or events that occur for your factions to fight over.

We spend more money than most other players in the game. Give us something to show for it.

Cheers.

Core WvW players are less than 1% of the games population. That is the reason WvW gets very little love. Just to keep WvW bug patches, minor features and operations going it probably cost upwards of 7 figures annually. I doubt WvW breaks even in its current state.

Archived