Mystery: Analysis of Mister E

De Bourgogne.9642

@Teratus.2859 said:Oh god.. if White Mantle Mesmers can do stuff like that then I don't even wanna know what kind of weird things caudecus got up to behind closed doors.His room was traumatizing enough xD

LOL. I didn't realize that Faren in the end run of LS3E4 was an illusion. We walked in on a White Mantle fantasy.

As for Caudecus' room, #1 the mirror over the bed was a hilarious touch, #2 I still want to know what was up with that portrait of Logan.

And no, Demmi was not E. We have reasonably established that E is either male or a mesmer, and Demmi was neither. Nor was she in the kind of position of knowledge within Kryta that E is known to be; after fleeing from her father, she was effectively an outcast, as shown by Anise's mistrust of her.

@McPero.3287 said:I know both Faren and Wi were in DR when siege started despite message saying he is in the way to siege of DR. But lady Wi is a powerful mesmer and Wi we were talking too in DR that day was her illusion we have seen people talk through illusions multiple times. Faren could also do the same thing we just don't know if Faren is a mesmer. Other explanation is E lied in his letter, don't really see reason why he would lie but he really doesn't have a reason to be truthful all the time.

In all the time we have known him, Faren has never given any indication I can recall of having any sort of magical abilities. I always thought he was either Warrior or Thief. Definitely a swashbuckling swordsman in any case.

@"Fleebag.1384" said:E?"There’s a lot going on in this new hub, including the debut of an unexpected fun character that players haven’t yet seen in person. Seriously, everyone here is excited. I’ll be following the forums to read your reactions. :)"

I doubt it, for one reason: the person we're supposed to meet is someone we "haven't yet seen in person." E is supposedly the secret identity of someone we have already met. One of those things is not entirely like the other.

That being said, Bangar moving west to the Woodland Cascades, as has been stated for the next episode, puts him in a position to threaten Kryta. Given Bangar's known bad intentions toward humans, that definitely is a situation that would get E's attention. We'll see today...

@Teratus.2859 said:

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:That... was an illusion. An illusion of Faren created by a White Mantle Mesmer.

Oh god.. if White Mantle Mesmers can do stuff like that then I don't even wanna know what kind of wierd things caudecus got up to behind closed doors.His room was traumatizing enough xD

There is only one appropriate answer.

@"McPero.3287" said:I know both Faren and Wi were in DR when siege started despite message saying he is in the way to siege of DR. But lady Wi is a powerful mesmer and Wi we were talking too in DR that day was her illusion we have seen people talk through illusions multiple times. Faren could also do the same thing we just don't know if Faren is a mesmer. Other explanation is E lied in his letter, don't really see reason why he would lie but he really doesn't have a reason to be truthful all the time.

We never see people actually talk to illusions. Anise is considered an exceptional mesmer, but the best she can do is basic responses like "Hmm" and "Hmph." Anise and Jennah together can create an illusion that gives a pre-prepared speech, but not reactionary discussion.

So I do not think Lady Wi is capable of doing something beyond what Anise and Jennah can do working together.

@"Jimbru.6014" said:I doubt it, for one reason: the person we're supposed to meet is someone we "haven't yet seen in person." E is supposedly the secret identity of someone we have already met. One of those things is not entirely like the other.

I believe the idea of E being someone we know, is purely fan-created. There is, at least, no in-game confirmation that we have met E unknowingly.

Of course, even if E is someone we know and met, as many folks believe, there is nothing to stop the mention of this "someone fun that players haven't yet seen in person" from being a bit of wordplay - after all, even if E=Faren, for example, while we have seen Faren in person, we have not seen the E persona in person.

Same kind of application for if it's a GW1 character - a character who GW1 players have seen ,but not GW2 players, thus the statement would still be technically correct from a certain point of view.

As far as I know Jennah is not considered to be a powerful mesmer. Anise should be quite a capable mesmer since she is leader of Queen's bodyguard. But Lady Wi potentially was Master Exemplar as Evie. Since E seems very capable I don't see a reason why they wouldn't be a more powerful mesmer than Anise. Maybe E is also leader of mesmer collective.

But yes devs stated we as player have met E before and I'm pretty sure that does no include GW1 characters (which should mostly be dead anyways).

@"McPero.3287" said:As far as I know Jennah is not considered to be a powerful mesmer.

Ohh I hope she didnt hear that haha.

Jennah is an extremely powerful Mesmer, check out this quote from the wiki.

"Jennah is constantly under the protection of Countess Anise, her bodyguard. She also maintains a magical connection with her personal champion, Logan Thackeray of the Seraph, allowing her to call on him in times of need. Nevertheless, Jennah is an exceptionally powerful mesmer in her own right, able to single-handedly end the Ogre Revolt by creating a clone of the Elder Dragon Kralkatorrik convincing enough that its Branded minions withdrew while simultaneously casting a glamour that held hundreds of humans and charr in place."

I sure wouldn't want to mess with her XD

@Teratus.2859 said:

@"McPero.3287" said:As far as I know Jennah is not considered to be a powerful mesmer.

Ohh I hope she didnt hear that haha.

Jennah is an extremely powerful Mesmer, check out this quote from the wiki.

"Jennah is constantly under the protection of Countess Anise, her bodyguard. She also maintains a magical connection with her personal champion, Logan Thackeray of the Seraph, allowing her to call on him in times of need. Nevertheless, Jennah is an exceptionally powerful mesmer in her own right, able to single-handedly end the Ogre Revolt by creating a clone of the Elder Dragon Kralkatorrik convincing enough that its Branded minions withdrew while simultaneously casting a glamour that held hundreds of humans and charr in place."

I sure wouldn't want to mess with her XD

Oh okay didn't know that. Meh mesmer got nerfed not scared of them.

@McPero.3287 said:As far as I know Jennah is not considered to be a powerful mesmer.

Jennah is considered one of the most powerful living mesmers, as is Anise and Kasmeer.

Granted, this isn't abnormal levels of powerful for mortals (as many people falsely believe and thus associate the whole Lyssa theory because of it), as we have stories of, or personally seen, just as powerful mesmers such as Koro Sagewind, Kitah, and Xera.

• Like 1

Jennah is the living Blood of Doric. During LS3 Ep 4, she put a semi-permanent Feedback glamour over all of DR and was one-shotting Ministry guards with dirty looks. Not only is she "one of" the most powerful living mesmers, she might be THE most powerful living mesmer.

As for Anise, we've seen her do some things with clones and illusion disguises, and it has been alluded in game dialogue that she "wears" a personal illusion to hide her real age. But beyond that, we've actually not seen her do much mesmering in game. Her REAL powers on display are her temporal position as head of the Shining Blade, and a Thief-like gift for subterfuge. In any case, she is SAID to be a powerful mesmer, and we'll just have to take Anet's word on that.

Kasmeer is by far the most player-like of the major mesmer NPCs in game; if she were a PC, her character creation would definitely have been Noble, favored by Lyssa. She uses a staff with appropriate abilities, uses Blink, and wears light armor -- if she's actually wearing anything, since it was once hinted in LS1 that her clothes are just an illusion. We've seen her do some creative things with portals and making illusions for Charr cubs to fight, but nothing nearly as exceptional as Jennah.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I pretty much think it is Faren, ever since I saw him in Caudecus’s manor during the events around Lake Doric. He appeared as a Mesmer illusion (naked as per usual) for a few moments. Some say it was probably an illusion created by the White Mantle Mesmer, but was it? Seductive intelligence operator Faren, no? Maybe he is a powerful Mesmer after all?

Honestly it explains a lot. His connections, power centered in Divinity’s Reach, etc. The best way to hide is to be seen, but to be seen as an illusion. A brave Buffon that everyone feels is a joke. Harmless, but always there, always watching and not dying. One could say Faren is just lucky, but as E himself tells us, “luck is for idiots.”

We, as the player, are falling for the ultimate Mesmer illusion.

@"firedragon.8953" said:I pretty much think it is Faren, ever since I saw him in Caudecus’s manor during the events around Lake Doric. He appeared as a Mesmer illusion (naked as per usual) for a few moments. Some say it was probably an illusion created by the White Mantle Mesmer, but was it? Seductive intelligence operator Faren, no? Maybe he is a powerful Mesmer after all?

Honestly it explains a lot. His connections, power centered in Divinity’s Reach, etc. The best way to hide is to be seen, but to be seen as an illusion. A brave Buffon that everyone feels is a joke. Harmless, but always there, always watching and not dying. One could say Faren is just lucky, but as E himself tells us, “luck is for idiots.”

We also know that he's already fond of "secret" identities from "Masked Roller F".

@Hannelore.8153 said:

@"firedragon.8953" said:I pretty much think it is Faren, ever since I saw him in Caudecus’s manor during the events around Lake Doric. He appeared as a Mesmer illusion (naked as per usual) for a few moments. Some say it was probably an illusion created by the White Mantle Mesmer, but was it? Seductive intelligence operator Faren, no? Maybe he is a powerful Mesmer after all?

We also know that he's already fond of "secret" identities from "Masked Roller F".

Makes perfect sense. It would seem the Faren family likes single letter names in general. Masked Rider "H" for good ol' Lord Humphrey Faren, anyone?

• 7 months later...
On 6/5/2021 at 3:40 PM, vier.1327 said:

After 8 months of my last post in this topic, i have two questions;

Alliances when?

And

Mister E´s identity When?

Well Bobby Stein did advised that they know who E is and is just waiting for an appropriate time to bring into the story.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyson.5160 said:

Well Bobby Stein did advised that they know who E is and is just waiting for an appropriate time to bring into the story.

That is like saying i know the key of eternal happiness but i will tell you when you are ready.

20 minutes ago, vier.1327 said:

That is like saying i know the key of eternal happiness but i will tell you when you are ready.

It’s not like he’s going to say when E will come back .

My thought? After EoD. I hope by that point we can have self contained stories.

Edited by Tyson.5160

• 3 weeks later...
  • ArenaNet Staff

I just wanted to pop in and say that this is a really interesting thread with lots of well-thought-out ideas, opinions, and theories. Really happy at the discourse here.

I did say over on Reddit a few weeks back that we're aware that this is currently an open question and that it was "shelved" in my mind, meaning it's something that we hope to pick back up if/when it makes sense. Can I guarantee that we'll get to it? No. But it is something we talk about and consider when brainstorming.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Bobby Stein.3612 said:

I just wanted to pop in and say that this is a really interesting thread with lots of well-thought-out ideas, opinions, and theories. Really happy at the discourse here.

I did say over on Reddit a few weeks back that we're aware that this is currently an open question and that it was "shelved" in my mind, meaning it's something that we hope to pick back up if/when it makes sense. Can I guarantee that we'll get to it? No. But it is something we talk about and consider when brainstorming.

Are you able to share any information on the characters/plot threads you and the narrative team discuss most frequently about trying to work back into the story? Not that you *can/will* bring back, but that the team generally wants to find time for?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bobby Stein.3612 said:

Thnak for your comunication.

That is fine, at least we know E has not fallen into oblivion. 

However, give us some hints, has someone in this post written the resl identity of E?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1