healing power scourge

Lexan.5930

@Steelpusher.1684 said:With the harriers gear, my heal alone gives theives and guardians max shielding... that is 50% extra effective health for a short time. In dungeons, the shield does make a difference. Raids, the shields made the main healers job easier. As for things like solo support for high fractals, I doubt it can work unless you have a team that is good enough to not need much heals.

Would you mind to share your final or current support build?

@Steelpusher.1684 said:Also, harrier weapons: buy the recipe from heart vendors in desolation, requires brandsparks, and some other materials to make...cant remember exactly, but required a type of lodestone (i think crystal), eyes of kormir and ley infused dust

are you talking about the mordant weapons?

@Steelpusher.1684 said:I dont have pvp tokens...wvw is my only other gamemode, and havent found anything in terms of selectable ascended stuff from them. Just gonna wait on the magnetite shards to slowly build up these last few peices.

As for raiding, the might outstrips ps warrior. Gave one quick yolo attempt as solo might giver, and it pumped out almost as much might as 2 PS warr players, and that is despite a massive rotation screw up x). This is potentially bigbig news, as this allows the possibility of a full heal, heal scourge, 2 chrono and 6 dps setup:D

this is true for me to. Staying condi dmg, changing my traits to top only, losing some dps and going to seraphs on my ledgendaries, i can put out tons of might and barrier to the team easily and made sloth, mathias and sabetha much much eaiser for the healers in pug groups.

with summon shade giving barrier and mght, desicate bip and torch 5 there,s tons of might and then focuz on f3 when its off cooldown and everyone gets might.

@Hesacon.8735 said:If you insist on going healing power, you might as well go celestial.

celle is good for getting damage and healing everywhere, but the concentration from harriers really shines for a scourge barrier build by extending the might it gives. You could scrap transfusion for wells if you want to keep protection up on everyone as well, but with barrier decay so fast protection doesn't help as much, unless we run into a fight with a lot of big hits.

not to mention the power from harriers also helps boost your dps in fights over celle, theoreticly, but would be intdrested to see dps meters of a full celle vs full harriers

@Lexan.5930 said:

@Hesacon.8735 said:If you insist on going healing power, you might as well go celestial.

celle is good for getting damage and healing everywhere, but the concentration from harriers really shines for a scourge barrier build by extending the might it gives. You could scrap transfusion for wells if you want to keep protection up on everyone as well, but with barrier decay so fast protection doesn't help as much, unless we run into a fight with a lot of big hits.

not to mention the power from harriers also helps boost your dps in fights over celle, theoreticly, but would be intdrested to see dps meters of a full celle vs full harriers

If the party is relying on the necro to spam might, they're already in trouble. It's one of those things four other classes already do way better.

@Hesacon.8735 said:

@Lexan.5930 said:

If the party is relying on the necro to spam might, they're already in trouble. It's one of those things four other classes already do way better.

maybe you didnt read the whole thread, if i understood right couple of guys with harrier stats armor spammed might just as good if not better than other classes. I would like to hear more feedback from them about the build, for example golem dps, if its easy to use in raids, etc

FYI, with desicate and blood is power on cd, then add in the scourge elite instead of plaguelands, which a lot of bosses run out of anyways, you give enough might that your chrono will take care of the duration and keep permanent 25 stacks just fine. My raid teams have been having trouble finding 2 cps warriors so I do this and the one warrior uses both banners. Not saying it's new meta, just that you don't even need the barrier might gen, let alone the concentration if you have a good chrono. This works in fractals too if you have a good chrono. Now, I have heard talk of a magis scourge who replaces one Druid in raid comps. That I completely understand running the might on barrier traits. And I have heard scourge heals works well, but I have not tried it, or seen it personally.

Will second that celestial scourge works in fractals. You can run into lifeforce generation problems against mobile targets, but in other situations you can spam transfusion, barrier and condition clear to carry a team rather well. Sustained DPS isn't terribly high but since you can still burst fairly well that doesn't matter much in fractals. As a result although you probably could run harrier/altruism for better healing power I think you can get by as a support without it.

@Professor Sprout.1560 said:Will second that celestial scourge works in fractals. You can run into lifeforce generation problems against mobile targets, but in other situations you can spam transfusion, barrier and condition clear to carry a team rather well. Sustained DPS isn't terribly high but since you can still burst fairly well that doesn't matter much in fractals. As a result although you probably could run harrier/altruism for better healing power I think you can get by as a support without it.

I don't see how you are 'carrying' when you don't need a healer for fractals anyway. If anything a celestial necro is the one being carried.

I wish people would actually take healing necro in a situation where a healer is mandatory for the average player, then have the necro as the only healer. It is absolutely awful. I play both healing rev and healing druid in my raid team. I would never take a necro to be the main healer knowing what i know about its heal output.

@FrostDraco.8306 said:

@lagrimabendita.8763 said:Question is Scourge better option than Rev support/healer? in PVE/RAID/FRACTALS?? I am between Scourge and Revt to be honest with you.

Rev healer is always better. It can do might, alacrity, and have way better heals.

I know it would be off topic but would you mind to share your build and runes please? I am a little lost :)

@"FrostDraco.8306" There's very little you "need" for fractals, but having some support instead of just 5dps makes for a smoother, safer run.

@"lagrimabendita.8763" As for support necro vs support Rev neither is strictly better, but I prefer necro for PvE/fractals (I avoid raids). Scourges have more condition clear than Ventari (Glint and Kalla have none) and convert conditions into boons; barrier gives Scourges an option to "pre-heal" allies that is not available to Revs; the area on Transfusion/Sand Shade is larger than on Ventari's tablet so it's easier to maintain coverage of your allies; your target cap is 10 so you can support every player and their summons; and Scourges revive allies better than Revenants. A support rev will heal more damage per second and put out alacrity (which funnily enough is a boon that's does little for a Revenant due to their energy mechanic), and may well put out more might than a scourge to 5 targets if you use Glint, but overall I find the scourge to be a more rounded package. To each their own preference however, so just go with what takes your fancy.

i can confirm that full harriers in fractals is awesome and the damage is still pretty good. Managing LF and CD's is a little tough and you have to actua`lly focus on healing rather than just spamming to do damage but yea, it's viable. Plus it can do the job of a PS warrior to :)

Archived