Fix the matchmaking system

Sexykillerz.8572

@TheWadeTucker.6173 said:The problem is the very low playerbase in PvP, every match almost the same playersANET should do something to incentivate more people to pvp, idk, maybe its too late now, but yeah, its dying :(

The only things ANet can do to make PvP more populated again. Is to drastically raise match quality. Only allow balance matchups, none of this 3 golds, 2 silvers to fight against 2 top 25, and 3 plat players garbage. Do some actual balance between the classes and their specs. Widen the META, so it's not focusing on only one or two classes. And punish Ranked PvP grievers way more often. Because of what I've just mention here, is the prime reasons we have very low population to begin with.

Unless ANet start increasing the quality of matches in PvP. You should do nothing but expect more players to stop playing, once they've got their last chest. Because again, PvP has no value except for the huge OP PvE rewards. This is due to the low match quality.

Match quality for the most part, should be good from bronze up. Atlast, GW2 is a PvE oriented game, so all hope for a decent PvP or WvW here is for nought. Thus fewer and fewer people will actually bother playing at all, let alone play past that last chest.

They need to also add better metrics to measure how well a player is doing. Win and losses making the majority of the ranking system puts the player at the mercy of matchmaking. Players who do not even try end up benefiting about the same as someone playing their hardest.Things like how long they spent on point, in fights and such should be taken more into consideration.Top player is also a pretty meaningless stat at times, sometimes I have my worst games and still get 3 of the top player spots on my team...But really the problem is simply the Pips and the match rewards.They do not reward a player for playing well, they reward time played over actually winning.

It's curious how matchmaking seems really good at marking you for losses or wins. I started with a decent hot streak to ~1580, then a losing streak down to ~1350, then streak back up to ~1640, now streaking back down currently ~1540 and counting. There has been almost nothing between. Wins almost always seem effortless or near-impossible, depending on which end of it I'm on.

I'm not saying that it's intentional, but something is really screwed up. There's no conceivable reason a player should be rubberbanding between divisions and tiers to this degree. This is not good matchmaking.

@kin korn karn.9023 said:It's curious how matchmaking seems really good at marking you for losses or wins. I started with a decent hot streak to ~1580, then a losing streak down to ~1350, then streak back up to ~1640, now streaking back down currently ~1540 and counting. There has been almost nothing between. Wins almost always seem effortless or near-impossible, depending on which end of it I'm on.

I'm not saying that it's intentional, but something is really screwed up. There's no conceivable reason a player should be rubberbanding between divisions and tiers to this degree. This is not good matchmaking.

Yeah I do not get it eitherIts like the matchmaking at times figures out the best compatible team and pits it against the least compatible team at times. (meaning that both teams might be or might not be made up of good or bad players, but the compatible team is morel likely to have a rotation which all of the players on the team use, ending up with better group fights in their favor)

Archived