"Extremely awesome" WvW Announcement Next Week

Ni In.6578

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Ni In.6578" said:Host the servers in Antarctica so everyone has the same 500ms ping. Just make sure to introduce artificial latency for AUS/NZ folks using tc.

I think they will do some performance fix etc. And introduce the brand new Amazon Servers that came in December 2018 in Sweden.

As I know the closest servers before that was in Netherlands. Most of my friends close to Netherlands have better ping than I have in WvW.Most of Europe have 40-60ping.

But we can always hope for some performance boost / fix.

Cheers!

https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/now-open-aws-europe-stockholm-region/

Obviously the announcement is going to be they're adding a Battle Royale mode to wvw, it's the new bandwagon these days.

Eotm map will be converted to support this change.It will not be blue green red sides, all gates will be removed.It will not have scoring, and chests will be randomly placed around areas of interest, these chests will provide for you a random weapon for your class or an armor piece of the blue green yellow qualities, you can also loot player corpses and hope they have armor for your class type. The keep may have some extra goodies.Games will comprise of 15 teams of either 3 or 5 player groups, who will spawn in randomly at the 4 front points of interest in each side and the 3 towers, not the keeps or supply areas.If you solo queue, you will given a random blue item to begin with when the match starts.Banners will be placed around the middle area to display the current kill leader and mug shots of their team, you can buy additional poses in the black lion shop, chair poses are also usable, outfits and black lion weapons would also look super cool here wink wink twitchy wink.The area will shrink 2 times every 5 mins down to the small middle area of the map, first to the outer tower ring, then down to the supply depot ring.The winning team will spawn in lion's arch so they can immediately brag about it in general chat, plus awarded 1 gold, and you can also earn pips while in the battle royale.Also a 2 gold entry fee, have to keep the wvw cost to reward tradition intact.

Just asking real quick - has there been anything from ANet to confirm this announcement aside from what the devs said in a stream? Seems to be too much speculation from just a brief moment in a stream.

@anonymous.7812 said:Why is there so much speculation in here? It's already confirmed behind the scenes that it's just another event week.

Behind the scenes? Where did you get that?

@XECOR.2814 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:Skirmish Tickets are now usefull.

The Dream

Im in dire need of them to get my first ascended weapons/armor.

D O N T!!!!!!!!

Even if you remove the Skirmish Tickets from the vendor, ascended armor pieces are around 20g more expensive then their crafting counterparts.

Sell your memories of battle and craft your gear.

Even if you have to lvl your crafting profession first.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

The Dream

D O N T!!!!!!!!

Even if you remove the Skirmish Tickets from the vendor, ascended armor pieces are around 20g more expensive then their crafting counterparts.

But wvw gives stat selectable ascended and i have 2k skirmish tickets and 500memories of battle. I just need those damned marks. Its so hard to get them without crafting at 500lvl. I dont like crafting. Is there no other way?

@XECOR.2814 said:

The Dream

D O N T!!!!!!!!

But wvw gives stat selectable ascended and i have 2k skirmish tickets and 500memories of battle. I just need those damned marks. Its so hard to get them without crafting at 500lvl. I dont like crafting. Is there no other way?

there is, play very long for the mark shards.you can also get the version without marks for more tickets

@MUDse.7623 said:

The Dream

D O N T!!!!!!!!

there is, play very long for the mark shards.you can also get the version without marks for more tickets

All ascended items require marks on skirmish supervisor atleast. Can you give me a name of item which doesnt need marks to buy? I havent seen those ever.

Archived