"Extremely awesome" WvW Announcement Next Week

Ni In.6578

can be they dont really say something because they know that they get soon competition in the market for wvw game mode and want to stay cloudy now. all the years they had no competition which means that they had not to update anything what does not actually mean that they did not develope anything in the background. they might be ready and wait atm for the competitor to release his game first cause when all the old top guilds come back inside the new game alot of us who are still here will also move cause we want to see our old fellows and enemies again. so anet must have something in the back to pull otherwise wvw in gw2 is soon really over.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wish list grows... Function that opens all bags and bags within bags and bags within bags within bags. Build Templates.

'member when a bunch of forum posters kittened and moaned about how gliding was going to suck before they implemented it? Feature single handedly made exiting certain structures tolerable and added some extra strategy around owning terrain.

@XECOR.2814 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:Skirmish Tickets are now usefull.

The Dream

Im in dire need of them to get my first ascended weapons/armor.

D O N T!!!!!!!!

Even if you remove the Skirmish Tickets from the vendor, ascended armor pieces are around 20g more expensive then their crafting counterparts.

Sell your memories of battle and craft your gear.

Even if you have to lvl your crafting profession first.

But wvw gives stat selectable ascended and i have 2k skirmish tickets and 500memories of battle. I just need those damned marks. Its so hard to get them without crafting at 500lvl. I dont like crafting. Is there no other way?

You want marks? Go play PvP... no joke. If you just play 1 game of ranked PvP per day, you'll have probably a little more than half the marks you need in the time it takes you to farm the skirmish tickets. If you play a couple PvP games per day, you'll have everything you need between PvP and the handful you get per week in the 1/10th of PvP equivalent currency.

You don't even have to win the PvP game as the PvP chest PIP track progresses you automatically...that's why I hear there are so many bots on low end silver ranked PvP.

@style.6173 said:I'm looking forward to the announcement as long as it isn't mounts. To me, that would just seem like an excuse to try to get more gem sales. It doesn't fix anything with WvW.

Same here!But! Think logically. It will not be mounts because it would ruin the WvW totally. And everyone has great movement seed. So grab a full zergy class with 0 mobility. Burst and run/ ride away!= Make no sense!

@Lociaz.4027 said:

@style.6173 said:I'm looking forward to the announcement as long as it isn't mounts. To me, that would just seem like an excuse to try to get more gem sales. It doesn't fix anything with WvW.

Same here!But! Think logically. It will not be mounts because it would ruin the WvW totally. And everyone has great movement seed. So grab a full zergy class with 0 mobility. Burst and run/ ride away!= Make no sense!

Cannot summon mounts in combat. Probably won't be able to summon mount in enemy territory. Mounts have low HP (outside of upgrades) and getting knocked off one is a quick way to get a long knockdown.

Crisis averted.

Really hoping its not mounts. Already impossible to catch or escape from a thief and mirage, even better if they can just mount up the second they're OoC. But please anet. I trust you guys more than I think I should, but from all evidence I've seen over the many years playing exclusively WvW, (and i dont mean this in a mean spirited way) you guys really lack the in-depth understanding of what makes WvW exciting to the player base as opposed to what looks good for development.

I honestly don't even know what to expect tomorrow expect mounts. I just really don't see the point, the WvW maps so so small, its completely unnecessary. Gliding already makes traveling super easy.

The only other thing I could hope and pray for is an official skill split announcement and how skills will now be balanced with a focus on WvW. Maybe thats why we didn't have a balance patch this last major update? :( Or, you know, the death of WvW and the restructuring into Alliance Battles! Yay Kurzicks and Luxons! That would actually get me excited. A new map would be interesting as long as Arena-Net actually listens to the beta testers and makes adjustments unlike the DBL.

fingers crossed no mounts pls...

Archived