"Extremely awesome" WvW Announcement Next Week

Ni In.6578

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@DeceiverX.8361 said:

@"juno.1840" said:My money is on mounts. It just makes sense. Everyone saying they'll quit the game is straight up lying. If you haven't quit by now, mounts certainly wont push you over the edge.

Whatever it is, I hope the community doesn't slaughter ANet in the forums. It's one thing to complain that devs don't care about WvW. It's another to beat them down when they actually do something.

Keep telling yourself that. My activity is logging in about once every few months. I log in, get cheesed a few times, shake my head, play the cheese, get bored after about an hour or two, and log out. My guild similarly quit in entirety in this manner where every once in a while we might run reset on a BL - largely uncontested - mostly just to play a game all together. As I've said basically since HoT: The forum PvP is more interesting than the in-game PvP thanks to how horrendous the balance/game-state is.

Mounts will definitely be the straw that totally breaks the camel's back for me, considering I haven't played the story since Bitterfrost Frontier, and even that was solely because of the reward tracks for ascended aquabreathers/re-rollable ascended accessories from Bloodstone Fen before they were implemented as WvW/sPvP rewards. I unlock elite specs etc. through WvW rewards. I say this outright: I absolutely do not care what happens in this game's story or open world.

I thus don't have a mount unlocked, and to be honest, don't care enough to bother.

If ANet's "big news" for WvW is to add mounts into the format, it just absolutely confirms they really are just downright detached from its playerbase.

Sounds like you already quit -- that wasn't due to mounts now was it.

@juno.1840 said:

@juno.1840 said:My money is on mounts. It just makes sense. Everyone saying they'll quit the game is straight up lying. If you haven't quit by now, mounts certainly wont push you over the edge.

Whatever it is, I hope the community doesn't slaughter ANet in the forums. It's one thing to complain that devs don't care about WvW. It's another to beat them down when they actually do something.

Keep telling yourself that. My activity is logging in about once every few months. I log in, get cheesed a few times, shake my head, play the cheese, get bored after about an hour or two, and log out. My guild similarly quit in entirety in this manner where every once in a while we might run reset on a BL - largely uncontested - mostly just to play a game all together. As I've said basically since HoT: The forum PvP is more interesting than the in-game PvP thanks to how horrendous the balance/game-state is.

Mounts will definitely be the straw that totally breaks the camel's back for me, considering I haven't played the story since Bitterfrost Frontier, and even that was solely because of the reward tracks for ascended aquabreathers/re-rollable ascended accessories from Bloodstone Fen before they were implemented as WvW/sPvP rewards. I unlock elite specs etc. through WvW rewards. I say this outright: I absolutely do not care what happens in this game's story or open world.

I thus don't have a mount unlocked, and to be honest, don't care enough to bother.

If ANet's "big news" for WvW is to add mounts into the format, it just absolutely confirms they really are just downright detached from its playerbase.

Sounds like you already quit -- that wasn't due to mounts now was it.

I'm not very active if that's what you mean by "quit."

Mounts are just assurance I will never return.

@Artaz.3819 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:Skirmish Tickets are now usefull.

The Dream

Im in dire need of them to get my first ascended weapons/armor.

D O N T!!!!!!!!

Even if you remove the Skirmish Tickets from the vendor, ascended armor pieces are around 20g more expensive then their crafting counterparts.

Sell your memories of battle and craft your gear.

Even if you have to lvl your crafting profession first.

But wvw gives stat selectable ascended and i have 2k skirmish tickets and 500memories of battle. I just need those damned marks. Its so hard to get them without crafting at 500lvl. I dont like crafting. Is there no other way?

You want marks? Go play PvP... no joke. If you just play 1 game of ranked PvP per day, you'll have probably a little more than half the marks you need in the time it takes you to farm the skirmish tickets. If you play a couple PvP games per day, you'll have everything you need between PvP and the handful you get per week in the 1/10th of PvP equivalent currency.

You don't even have to win the PvP game as the PvP chest PIP track progresses you automatically...that's why I hear there are so many bots on low end silver ranked PvP.

Ty for this comment. I've been playing ranked pvp for 3days now and i am at last chest now. I used my skirmish tickets to get stat selectable trinkets. Im getting backpiece from collection. Now im grinding for ascended pvp shards and grandmaster marks to get all the things from pvp. :)

As a 6 year vet of wvw, im not particularly enthusiastic about this...I find it an ironic bad omen that this comes along when anet announces a 200 employee layoff...if they confined mount use the desert bl, then that is fine, but not all the borderlands and definatly not EBG.

@"viniebc.9568" said:"hi, we fired 25% of our team, so the alliance update (that had like 3 to 5 ppl working on it in half time btw) is now canceled. But hey look at this amazing warclaw skin! only 2k gems xD"

Don't forget to put that /s - you'd be surprised how many people don't get it.

Archived