Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Trait question: Master of Misdirection


Nomalu.7152

Recommended Posts

Hey, everybody.Just wanted to ask, if anybody knows about confusion condition duration from this trait ["Master of Misdirection":](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Master_of_Misdirection ""Master of Misdirection":")?According to wiki condition duration from traits are not affected by the condition duration cap, meaning that is replacing base duration with a "new longer base duration", which is then affected by the condition duration. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Condition_Duration

But currently on my mirage I'm already capped with condition, which shouldn't be the case, if I understand everything correctly.

Can anyone, please, clarify this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are two categories, read the wiki. "Modifiers affected by Condition Duration cap" with its own formula and the "Modifiers unaffected by Condition Duration cap" with another one. This second one relative to the traits.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Condition_Duration

Modifiers unaffected by Condition Duration cap:

Modifiers in the second category come from traits, and are therefore limited in availability by one's profession and equipped specializations. Unlike the first category, these modifiers are skill-specific: they modify the duration of an outgoing condition only when a specified skill is the source. Put another way, these are skill modifiers that give a longer base duration to the condition applied by the skill. Examples include Lingering Curse and Chemical Rounds.

Since these modifiers actually replace the base duration of a condition with an upgraded version, the outgoing duration is given by the usual equation (substituting the new base for the old one). These modifiers are therefore unaffected by the Condition Duration ceiling, and remain effective even when combined with 100% bonus Condition Duration. This results in an apparent duration increase of greater than 100% in some cases; with respect to the mechanics, however, the bonus condition duration is 100%, and the base duration is longer. For traits that modify the duration by a percentage increase, this can be expressed as

[outgoing] = [base (unadjusted)] (1 + [trait]) (1 + MIN{ 1, [specific modifier] + [Condition Duration] } ).

This also illustrates that trait modifiers to the apparent duration stack multiplicatively with Condition Duration. Thus, for example, with 100% Condition Duration and a +50% duration increase from traits, the affected outgoing condition will have 300% of the original (unadjusted) base duration.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Zoser.7245 said:There are two categories, read the wiki. "Modifiers affected by Condition Duration cap" with its own formula and the "Modifiers unaffected by Condition Duration cap" with another one. This second one relative to the traits.

Sorry, if I wasn't clear - that's the part I'm talking about. If this is true, I shouldn't have hit the duration cap for confusion. Or Master of Misderection isn't included in that category?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Nomalu.7152 said:

@Zoser.7245 said:There are two categories, read the wiki. "Modifiers affected by Condition Duration cap" with its own formula and the "Modifiers unaffected by Condition Duration cap" with another one. This second one relative to the traits.

Sorry, if I wasn't clear - that's the part I'm talking about. If this is true, I shouldn't have hit the duration cap for confusion. Or Master of Misderection isn't included in that category?

Well the formulas are clear allthough the explanation isn't as good. You can easy calculate the right answer, apply the formulas and you'll see it. After some maths the conclusion is that Master of Misdirection is included in the first category "Modifiers affected by Condition Duration cap".

Here we go as an example. Base confusion in Confusing Images (Scepter is 7 seconds).

Reset traits and choose an specific controlled build , in the Myst for example, with only three modifiers to control the formula and see the right one:

Specific modifier: Sigil of confusion 25%Condition duration: Viper amulet (PvP) 37.33%Trait: Master of Misdirection , Confusion Duration Increase: 33%

Looking the skill, the result must be: 13 3/4 s

Modifiers unaffected by Condition Duration cap:[outgoing] = [base (unadjusted)] (1 + [trait]) (1 + MIN{ 1, [specific modifier] + [Condition Duration] } )[outgoing] = 7 (1+0.33) ( 1 + (0.25 + 0.3733)) = 15.1129 seconds BAD RESULT, THIS IS NOT THE FORMULA

Modifiers affected by Condition Duration cap:[outgoing] = [base] (1 + MIN{ 1, [specific modifier] + [Condition Duration] } )[outgoing] = 7 ( 1 + (0.25 +0.33+0.3733)) = 13.6731 seconds PERFECT

Conclusion: Master of Misdirection has a specific modifier through the trait. As you can see the specific modifiers can be more than one and added to the condition duration. So the phrase "Modifiers in the second category come from traits, and are therefore limited in availability by one's profession and equipped specializations. Unlike the first category, these modifiers are skill-specific: they modify the duration of an outgoing condition only when a specified skill is the source." IS LITERAL. I believe understand that only traits relative to skills of a specific weapon or a specific skill (heal, utility or elite) modify the BASE duration of the affected condition or conditions. At the end, if you use the adjusted base , the cap is the 100% of he adjusted one. Which is what we have to take into account in the attributes where we see the overall % and with the mouse over the condition duration, the total of any specific that is greater.

I hope this helps you. Regards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah wrong math here.Not affecting ; 7x1,33= 9,31 , new base DurationBase Duration gets longer with condi duration.9,31x(1+(0,25+0,3733)) = 9,31x1,623 = 15,11 seconds.

affecting ; 7x(1+(0,33+0,25+0,3733)=7x1,9533= 13,6731

U got the right result but somehow the term is unlogical. Maybe i just forget some math rule, but as i wrote down ur term in my Calculator it showed anothet result.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@FaboBabo.3581 said:Yeah wrong math here.Not affecting ; 7x1,33= 9,31 , new base DurationBase Duration gets longer with condi duration.9,31x(1+(0,25+0,3733)) = 9,31x1,623 = 15,11 seconds.

affecting ; 7x(1+(0,33+0,25+0,3733)=7x1,9533= 13,6731

U got the right result but somehow the term is unlogical. Maybe i just forget some math rule, but as i wrote down ur term in my Calculator it showed anothet result.

It was a mistake copying and pasting to save time, I have already corrected (edited) it. Thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...