[Suggestion] Please let us use all weapons unlocked with Specializations

Is there a reason why we cannot use weapons that we've unlocked with previous specializations?

I wish, for example, since I've unlocked the Longbow use with the Dragon Hunter elite spec., that I could still use longbow even when choosing another elite spec.

I don't see where this would create too much imbalance. If it does somehow and that is the reasoning behind it, make it only an available feature in PvE.

/wish.

@lothefallen.7081 said:It's to create meaningful choice between trait builds. The elite specializations are super-tailored to a specific niche, which is why you would probably not do well to have more than one equipped. They don't synergize well with each other. Plus, it would more than likely be a balance issue for high level PvE content.

This excuse is massively overused. It is not a meaningful choice. For some classes its a non existant choice. A meaningful choice implies that all options are equal, something Anet has missed the mark on massively when it comes to Elite Specs.

It's to make balance easier and to bolster the identity of the elite specializations. That's pretty much it.

It feels like the elite specs are more meaningful for a player when it gives you exclusive access to a particular weapon. That would be kind of lost if you had access to those weapons no matter what. As nice as it would be to have access to every weapon and every utility skill at once, the benefits of doing so are probably out weighed by the negatives; loss of specialization identity, theme, balance challenges, etc.

Archived