THE WARCLAW - Announcement

Voltekka.2375

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@funassistant.6589 said:

@"eldrjth.7384" said:Well as someone who rarely plays WvW it seems like good news to me: I hate having to return to the battle after dying on foot which can take 5+min sometimes. I need to hear some arguments on why this is bad. Maybe bad for small group roamers? but doesnt it allow for you to take camps faster too? That thing looked liked it moved fast making it not necessary to have +movespeed/swiftness/movement skills when ooc but that could just be the video. Yeah there will prob be mount skins for this for sure hehe, I hope its not exclusive to WvW either tbh.

Off the top of my head,+More input lag+More FPS drops+No chance of attacking an objective while outnumbered, cos defenders can "go fast lul vroom vroom warclaw xdddd"+LaAaAg

But we can use chairs in WvW now?hype?

Chairs will be the next "must have" in WvW cos ya know they are so not wanted.. that seems to be the way this all works - at least enough to keep players logging in, in the hope WvW finally does get that update of the promise land.

right now all the pve players screaming yay I can synthesize faster. only reason this would be introduced, purely toxic idea, along with the glider that someone above said turned out to be a good idea?!? fyi its no and it makes many places of the map down right annoying to fight on due to enemy or friendlies just jumping off cliffs to glide away to safety instead of dying for there mistakes or just paying no attention to the map routes. no they make a door destroying mount now because I guess building siege requires to many brain cells apparently

wow, this might be the last nail for me... got my thief mobility nerfed to ground to be almost equal to rest of chars, np..and now lets add shitty "warclaw" which will just make people storm from 1 thing to another yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa amazing just what we needed..

ill try it but i guess im done.

The art looks cool enough; hopefully this is not a rip-off of the 2000 gem manticore skin for the griffon (the sounds in the video seemed disturbingly familiar). Functionality and balance remain to be evaluated. If it works well, fair enough. If it doesn't, expect a public relations fiasco that will irrevocably damage the game mode. In summary, this represents a very high risk, low reward scenario for a project manager. Good luck with it. Truly. :-)

I remain, however, firmly in the "I am not convinced we need this" camp. Convince me, Arenanet. Please.

In my opinion, since the dev resource for WvW is so frustratingly minimal, ANY resource NOT spent on all of the long-standing problems:1) addressing performance/lag issues2) speeding up the (successful) implementation of Alliances (and the assumed impact on population imbalance, although this could be a separate point on its own).3) addressing the problem of night-capping

... is a waste of extremely limited resource. And very frustrating to witness this as a dedicated WvW player.

Convince me, Arenanet, that this is going to increase the player base, and the fun in WvW. Make your Marketing people earn their salaries as you launch this.

The mount will either be stupidly overpowered, or useless depending on how the penalties for summoning and being dismounted will be implemented. Either way this will not add to the balance in WvW. Be prepared for PvE player swarming the WvW and queuing all the maps for a week. One time I almost feel bad for the stacked servers.

Archived