Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Dragongal.6390 said:Will we be able to use the Warclaw outside of WvW?Doesn't appear that one would be able to have this outside of WvW. At least that's how I'm reading the announcement?

The cat’s out of the bag. Something big is coming to World vs. World next week!

On February 26, befriend the warclaw—a new mount available exclusively through WvW. It’s the only mount that can carry you into battle in the Mist War, where its skills truly shine.WvW Weeklong Bonus

To get you in the saddle quickly, you’ll earn double WXP when playing in WvW from February 26 to March 5.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If I could be That Guy for a moment; I really don't think that segregation of mounts via content is the right course to take. Like the Glider, I feel that mounts should be something that's universally available regardless of what you're doing. (baring the few obvious locations where they inherently break the activity)

On a side note, judging by the trailer the Warclaw seems to have the inherent ability to effectively bust open gates. Doesn't this completely invalidate the Battering Ram as a siege option? Why would i waste construction time and valuable resources to build something to deal with gates when I can simply pop out a ram from the infinite nether that is Mount storage?Is this what Siege in WvW will look like going forward? Eventually all of the things requiring resources to build will be replaced with Mounts?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't really play wvw and mostly pve... I don't mind they added a mount to wvw only but...

Lets say you are a new player in wvw.... You will not have a mount yet (nor will the ones without pof)... I can already see it happen that this will be another mode killed coz they simply can't keep up with ppl racing on mount from point a to point b. This is already happening in pve events (see silverwastes as a great example). So in the long run, I think this move will kick even more players out of wvw. The few that just want the mount to have the mount will get it and then leave wvw anyways (and we probably see complains the mount is useless coz its not pve :P )

A good start to fix wvw is balancing, the ability to actually be able to enter a map thats not full, the server riddance (which is in the works) and probably more stuff that the wvw community can input.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Dragongal.6390 said:Will we be able to use the Warclaw outside of WvW?Doesn't appear that one would be able to have this outside of WvW. At least that's how I'm reading the announcement?

The cat’s out of the bag. Something big is coming to World vs. World next week!

On February 26, befriend the warclaw—a new mount available exclusively through WvW. It’s the only mount that can carry you into battle in the Mist War, where its skills truly shine.WvW Weeklong Bonus

To get you in the saddle quickly, you’ll earn double WXP when playing in WvW from February 26 to March 5.

I’m going to guess it can be used in PvE. It doesn’t say it can’t and people using it in PvE would be a big draw to WvW to players who see it in PvE. However any special actions might be WvW only.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:I’m going to guess it can be used in PvE. It doesn’t say it can’t and people using it in PvE would be a big draw to WvW to players who see it in PvE. However any special actions might be WvW only.

You may be right. I just thought that the line "available exclusively through WvW" meant more than players have to go there to get it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@kharmin.7683 said:

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:I’m going to guess it can be used in PvE. It doesn’t say it can’t and people using it in PvE would be a big draw to WvW to players who see it in PvE. However any special actions might be WvW only.

You may be right. I just thought that the line "available exclusively through WvW" meant more than players have to go there to get it.

I read that as how you can get it (WvW only, not gemstore or a new pve map) rather than how it can be used.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ssenkra Bloodroot.1028 said:On a side note, judging by the trailer the Warclaw seems to have the inherent ability to effectively bust open gates. Doesn't this completely invalidate the Battering Ram as a siege option? Why would i waste construction time and valuable resources to build something to deal with gates when I can simply pop out a ram from the infinite nether that is Mount storage?Is this what Siege in WvW will look like going forward? Eventually all of the things requiring resources to build will be replaced with Mounts?

I believe the ram damage will be quite small compared to an actual battering ram. I am betting the idea that these will complement, not replace, the rams.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:I’m going to guess it can be used in PvE. It doesn’t say it can’t and people using it in PvE would be a big draw to WvW to players who see it in PvE. However any special actions might be WvW only.

You may be right. I just thought that the line "available exclusively through WvW" meant more than players have to go there to get it.

I read that as how you can get it (WvW only, not gemstore or a new pve map) rather than how it can be used.

Yeah, I can see that, too. Just didn't make a lot of sense to me as this WvW mount doesn't (at first glance) appear to do anything that the current PvE mounts could accomplish whereas with no mounts in WvW this one would be more useful.

Guess we'll find out next week.

/me shrugs

Link to post
Share on other sites

@"Ssenkra Bloodroot.1028" said:

On a side note, judging by the trailer the Warclaw seems to have the inherent ability to effectively bust open gates. Doesn't this completely invalidate the Battering Ram as a siege option? Why would i waste construction time and valuable resources to build something to deal with gates when I can simply pop out a ram from the infinite nether that is Mount storage?Is this what Siege in WvW will look like going forward? Eventually all of the things requiring resources to build will be replaced with Mounts?

If the mount works similar to pve mounts, you won't be able to mount while in combat and if additionally it has low hp like the mounts in pve, you won't be able to use it while under pressure from enemy players or arrow carts. In this case rams will still be needed. This is all with a big "if" as we don't know how it will be designed

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Aaralyna.3104 said:I don't really play wvw and mostly pve... I don't mind they added a mount to wvw only but...

Lets say you are a new player in wvw.... You will not have a mount yet (nor will the ones without pof)... I can already see it happen that this will be another mode killed coz they simply can't keep up with ppl racing on mount from point a to point b. This is already happening in pve events (see silverwastes as a great example). So in the long run, I think this move will kick even more players out of wvw. The few that just want the mount to have the mount will get it and then leave wvw anyways (and we probably see complains the mount is useless coz its not pve :P )

A good start to fix wvw is balancing, the ability to actually be able to enter a map thats not full, the server riddance (which is in the works) and probably more stuff that the wvw community can input.

This is my concern aswell. You want to learn WvW? Just try to keep up buddy. It'll be fine.

Hopefully the live stream on Friday will address this concern. And maybe answer some of the other questions posed in this thread aswell.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried to get into WvW, spending 10+ hours a week when I first started to learn. Unfortunately, the toxic community filled with petulant and whiny juveniles who demand new players be born with WvW knowledge (because they were, apparently) turned me off. If this mount is usable in PVE, hopefully, this isn’t too grindy to obtain for players who don’t care for WvW.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...