Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Recommended Posts

@PookieDaWombat.6209 said:

@"Aeolus.3615" said:Golems are in fact a mount that players need to built, not every mount must ment "race car". :}

I hope Claw comes with restriction like for the commander only for example.Issue is will would see a sea of tags just for people to use and find a gimmick way to abuse...

You don't need that to see a sea of tags. Just have a group of people looking to goof off for a while and start a parade in WvW and say to put up your tag as part of it.

What i ment is Claw usage needs to be limited, alot of players have comander tags, i bet most would buy a tag just for a new claw meta zerg since theres no suplly for sure needed to pull gates with it.. imgine 60-80 players w/o siege suply just call mount cap n leave... from structure to structure....

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:Golems are in fact a mount that players need to built, not every mount must ment "race car". :}

I hope Claw comes with restriction like for the commander only for example.Issue is will would see a sea of tags just for people to use and find a gimmick way to abuse...

You don't need that to see a sea of tags. Just have a group of people looking to goof off for a while and start a parade in WvW and say to put up your tag as part of it.

What i ment is Claw usage needs to be limited, alot of players have comander tags, i bet most would buy a tag just for a new claw meta zerg since theres no suplly for sure needed to pull gates with it.. imgine 60-80 players w/o siege suply just call mount cap n leave... from structure to structure....

Yes, I'm aware what you meant. T'was a joke. That being said, don't think of the mount like traditional siege as it won't work that way. Depending on the effectiveness of the mount on doors it will either make current siege at towers and keeps vestigial or the new meta will be blow up the kitty pile then address siege that gets thrown down. Ultimately I don't think there will be a multiplicative effect of the mounts on a door. they will probably cap it at 3-5 at most then anything above and beyond having no effect.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Randulf.7614 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:Are those ability points account bound?

They are, yes. If you already have some you can also reset thrm through a vendor at spawn.

I thought as much. If this is the case, then I don't see ability points being the "currency" to obtain the mount. I could see it for mount abilities, though.

It will release with the Greatsword legendary. To obtain the mount, you need to get the Legendary, stand in front of Stonemist Castle near a juvenile tiger and shout....

Thanks for this, it made my day. I laughed so hard, I fell out of my chair.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:@Danikat.8537 There was speculation in the WvW forum that it might be gated behind a catmander tag

That they mentioned 'catmander' in the intro does kinda of suggest that. Could turn into some massive fights by the waterfall B)

U wont be using the mount for fight....

Nah. I mean people attacking other people trying to get to the NPC to buy the tag. You used to see that all the time in WoW on PvP servers: enemies camping the NPCs that give daily quests, etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@kharmin.7683 said:@Danikat.8537 There was speculation in the WvW forum that it might be gated behind a catmander tag

That would be interesting, and kind of appropriate. But I'm not sure that would fit the description of it being available exclusively through WvW. The only WvW requirements for the catmander tag are 250 badges of honour (which you can get from achievement chests) and getting to the Catmander, which can potentially be done without encountering a single enemy player (especially if you do it in your home borderlands).

I'd expect it to at least have at least a rank requirement and probably to cost skirmish tickets or memories of battle (although they can be bought from the TP) as well. (Although I'm hoping if there is a rank requirement it's not too high, I'm only rank 148 at the moment.)

Link to post
Share on other sites

The bait-strategy works horribly. It will attract a lot of people for a very short time. The servers will be flooded with achievement-hunters and PVE peasants (like me), who have neither a clue or an interest in WvWvW at all. The queues stack up to hilarious lengths and frustrate the active and (still) loyal WvWvW community.

If you want to increase activity in WvWvW, upgrade the outdated system, get rid of the annoying Homeworlds and let us enjoy epic fights together with our guilds and friends.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:The bait-strategy works horribly. It will attract a lot of people for a very short time. The servers will be flooded with achievement-hunters and PVE peasants (like me), who have neither a clue or an interest in WvWvW at all. The queues stack up to hilarious lengths and frustrate the active and (still) loyal WvWvW community.

If you want to increase activity in WvWvW, upgrade the outdated system, get rid of the annoying Homeworlds and let us enjoy epic fights together with our guilds and friends.

But fights make lag and people notice how broken the game can be... here take mounts and ... links where players fight against empty worlds at a time.(each own has its own timezone to play)

XD

Link to post
Share on other sites

@HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:The bait-strategy works horribly. It will attract a lot of people for a very short time. The servers will be flooded with achievement-hunters and PVE peasants (like me), who have neither a clue or an interest in WvWvW at all. The queues stack up to hilarious lengths and frustrate the active and (still) loyal WvWvW community.

If you want to increase activity in WvWvW, upgrade the outdated system, get rid of the annoying Homeworlds and let us enjoy epic fights together with our guilds and friends.

I'm sure a lot of people will do that, but some might come just to get the mount and end up staying. I originally tried WvW because I wanted to get the mini dolyak - back when it was a reward for completing the meta-achievement in the first WvW Season and that got me into it. Admittedly I'm not a regular WvW player and I definitely spend more time in PvE but I play it a lot more than I would have if I'd never had that incentive to go in.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Danikat.8537 said:

@HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:The bait-strategy works horribly. It will attract a lot of people for a very short time. The servers will be flooded with achievement-hunters and PVE peasants (like me), who have neither a clue or an interest in WvWvW at all. The queues stack up to hilarious lengths and frustrate the active and (still) loyal WvWvW community.

If you want to increase activity in WvWvW, upgrade the outdated system, get rid of the annoying Homeworlds and let us enjoy epic fights together with our guilds and friends.

I'm sure a lot of people will do that, but some might come just to get the mount and end up staying. I originally tried WvW because I wanted to get the mini dolyak - back when it was a reward for completing the meta-achievement in the first WvW Season and that got me into it. Admittedly I'm not a regular WvW player and I definitely spend more time in PvE but I play it a lot more than I would have if I'd never had that incentive to go in.

And originally i only played WvW to get map complete and to me that was the best way to do it because you have to become an active participant on all the maps to do this so you get pulled into playing it and learning it as you go. Now they just keep adding things to earn and usually it doesn't take too much effort to even do that, so most go into it, get their doo-dad by flipping the closest camp over and over then bounce.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@OutOfOrder.3719 said:This sounds fantastic. I remember when gliding was added to WvW and how much more fun the game mode became from one simple addition.

I remember when no one wanted gliding so anet added it and had to redesign EB since they failed to realize had broke it was lol. there are still places where gliding breaks the map, NE BL tower for example (unless they changed it, been a while since ive wvw'ed). the maps aren't designed with gliding in mind, and im willing to bet this sort of thing will happen with mounts as well, although probably not as bad.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Dragongal.6390 said:

@Dragongal.6390 said:Will we be able to use the Warclaw outside of WvW?

Did you read the article before writing this post?

If you mean the post under the news section then yes. It didn't specify so that's why I'm asking.

@Dragongal.6390 said:Will we be able to use the Warclaw outside of WvW?

Yes it will be usable in Open World

Yes it will require Path of Fire

Where did you see this information? If that's true then awesome!

Just asking, as it did say "exclusively through wvw"Not to come of as rude, but we have a bit of a superfluous topic problem on the forums

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@Dragongal.6390 said:Will we be able to use the Warclaw outside of WvW?

Did you read the article before writing this post?

If you mean the post under the news section then yes. It didn't specify so that's why I'm asking.

@Dragongal.6390 said:Will we be able to use the Warclaw outside of WvW?

Yes it will be usable in Open World

Yes it will require Path of Fire

Where did you see this information? If that's true then awesome!

Just asking, as it did say "exclusively through wvw"Not to come of as rude, but we have a bit of a superfluous topic problem on the forums

The information that it can be used in PvE comes from MMOGamer, not from Anet’s blog posts.

If you’re interested in The Warclaw it can only be obtained in WvW but, it can be summoned anywhere other mounts can be summoned. That means you will be able to use it in the open world

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@Dragongal.6390 said:Will we be able to use the Warclaw outside of WvW?

Did you read the article before writing this post?

If you mean the post under the news section then yes. It didn't specify so that's why I'm asking.

@Dragongal.6390 said:Will we be able to use the Warclaw outside of WvW?

Yes it will be usable in Open World

Yes it will require Path of Fire

Where did you see this information? If that's true then awesome!

Just asking, as it did say "exclusively through wvw"Not to come of as rude, but we have a bit of a superfluous topic problem on the forums

Not sure who you were aiming the statement to, but the source is the arricle i linked further down the thread

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...