The Warclaw

Dragongal.6390

I have mixed feelings about this. I think that the raptor without attack ability would have been sufficient for WvW so that it just increases movement speed. I think releasing a mount with attack and like abilities may cause issues in WvW. Once this mount is released it's not like they will take it back even if it causes long term issues with the game play.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Dragongal.6390 said:Will we be able to use the Warclaw outside of WvW?

Did you read the article before writing this post?

If you mean the post under the news section then yes. It didn't specify so that's why I'm asking.

@Dragongal.6390 said:Will we be able to use the Warclaw outside of WvW?

Yes it will be usable in Open World

Yes it will require Path of Fire

Where did you see this information? If that's true then awesome!

Just asking, as it did say "exclusively through wvw"Not to come of as rude, but we have a bit of a superfluous topic problem on the forums

Not sure who you were aiming the statement to, but the source is the arricle i linked further down the thread

At op, when they made the statement.Whenever people talk about content i always assume they refer to the official statement and not any third party speculations unless stated in the head topic.But never mind it now, this is derailed enough as is.

Honestly, I'll be glad if it is WvW only. It looks really neat, but we already have 6 mounts outside of WvW with tons of skins and more skins to come. Functionally and aesthetically, there is no need for another mount outside WvW. By contrast, there are no mounts inside WvW, and as it stands, the current 6 mounts can't be added in without messing things up pretty badly. Creating a WvW-only mount is a good idea.

@Amineo.8951 said:I do like the design of this mount more than the existing ones in PvE, it's a big cat on top of it! And you can use it for combat aswell, which is something that I wanted.

Considering the variants we've seen for other mounts, I eagerly await the giant white fluffy kitten skin (with a bow just like the mini, but that can be dyed)

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:I have mixed feelings about this. I think that the raptor without attack ability would have been sufficient for WvW so that it just increases movement speed. I think releasing a mount with attack and like abilities may cause issues in WvW. Once this mount is released it's not like they will take it back even if it causes long term issues with the game play.

I assume that's why they made a new mount instead of simply enabling the existing ones. Since this one is custom made for WvW and all its abilities will be designed to be used in WvW hopefully they will also be balanced* for WvW so it won't cause the same kind of problems as the other mounts would. It certainly doesn't look like we're going to be able to leap over walls on it.

*Obligatory disclaimer - as much as anything in GW2 is balanced, however good or bad you consider that to be.

I'm sure it will change things in WvW, but personally I don't see that as a bad thing since one of the main complaints I see about GW2 is that PvP modes are 'forgotten' or abandoned and have been stuck doing the same thing for 6 years. I don't even play WvW that often and I'll be happy to see some new tactics come into play.

@Dragon Priestess.9760 said:An interview said yes. You can use it in PvE maps. It's just that you gotta do WvW to get the mount first.

The important bit though is, would you want to? Raptor has speed and tail swipe, Jackal has ports, etc. What good would a mount be if all it did was run fast (while looking awesome) outside of RP time? Not saying that is a bad thing mind you, just want to make sure people keep in mind that you'll likely want to use other mounts for your day to day stuff.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Dragon Priestess.9760 said:An interview said yes. You can use it in PvE maps. It's just that you gotta do WvW to get the mount first.

The important bit though is, would you want to? Raptor has speed and tail swipe, Jackal has ports, etc. What good would a mount be if all it did was run fast (while looking awesome) outside of RP time? Not saying that is a bad thing mind you, just want to make sure people keep in mind that you'll likely want to use other mounts for your day to day stuff.

Well, I know for sure I'll be using it more than the roller beetle. To me, appearance is more important than function. I only care about looking pretty - and I'm sure there are many who feel the same way. So it'll be worth it.

@Dragon Priestess.9760 said:

Well, I know for sure I'll be using it more than the roller beetle. To me, appearance is more important than function. I only care about looking pretty - and I'm sure there are many who feel the same way. So it'll be worth it.

Agreed, this is already my new favorite in appearance. I'll use function when I need to. When I want to say, "look how awesome I am" I'll be mounting up with my big cat!

@HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:The bait-strategy works horribly. It will attract a lot of people for a very short time. The servers will be flooded with achievement-hunters and PVE peasants (like me), who have neither a clue or an interest in WvWvW at all. The queues stack up to hilarious lengths and frustrate the active and (still) loyal WvWvW community.

If you want to increase activity in WvWvW, upgrade the outdated system, get rid of the annoying Homeworlds and let us enjoy epic fights together with our guilds and friends.

Please Anet, if you really want what's good for WvWvW, please lock this mount behind some ridiculously high rank like platinum rank. That way PvErs who want it must actually stay for awhile to get it(and will ultimately be forged through the fire or burned), and those who don't intend to stay will be quickly scared off.

@Aodlop.1907 said:The only two mounts you need are the griffon and the bunny. The other ones are made useless by these two so you won't use them anyway.

Almost true. Occasionally there is water you need the Skimmer to ignore.

@Fremtid.3528 said:

@HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:The bait-strategy works horribly. It will attract a lot of people for a very short time. The servers will be flooded with achievement-hunters and PVE peasants (like me), who have neither a clue or an interest in WvWvW at all. The queues stack up to hilarious lengths and frustrate the active and (still) loyal WvWvW community.

If you want to increase activity in WvWvW, upgrade the outdated system, get rid of the annoying Homeworlds and let us enjoy epic fights together with our guilds and friends.

Please Anet, if you really want what's good for WvWvW, please lock this mount behind some ridiculously high rank like platinum rank. That way PvErs who want it must actually stay for awhile to get it(and will ultimately be forged through the fire or burned), and those who don't intend to stay will be quickly scared off.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Oh, wait, you're serious? They are bleeding cash right now and you want them to shoot themselves in the foot by limiting this revenue stream from their most casual of whales?

@Dragon Priestess.9760 said:

Same here. I rarely touch 4/6 mounts outside their niche movement abilities and never pick them based on their engage skill (minus the springer if there's a CC bar). Does it move at least as fast as the griffon running? If yes the Warclaw will be my primary mount. Not just because it's cool looking but because most of my characters are charr so look oversized on other mounts.

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

@Aodlop.1907 said:The only two mounts you need are the griffon and the bunny. The other ones are made useless by these two so you won't use them anyway.

Almost true.
Occasionally there is water you need the Skimmer to ignore.

@"HnRkLnXqZ.1870" said:The bait-strategy works horribly. It will attract a lot of people for a very short time. The servers will be flooded with achievement-hunters and PVE peasants (like me), who have neither a clue or an interest in WvWvW at all. The queues stack up to hilarious lengths and frustrate the active and (still) loyal WvWvW community.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Oh, wait, you're serious? They are
bleeding cash right now
and you want them to shoot themselves in the foot by limiting this revenue stream from their most casual of whales?

I was one of their most casual of whales spending $300-$700 a month not this Christmas but last Christmas I bought 1000 keys or 84,000 gems in keys "coz I was bored." Guess who swam away coz of decisions like this and others. But yeah OK.

Archived