Balance Update Coming: 2/26/2019

Irenio CalmonHuang.2048

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@incisorr.9502 said:It's the moment of truth

will arena net nerf a sub-50% win rate profession (mirage) only due to peer pressure from low elo and bad players and biased propaganda or will arena net nerf actually broken specs that are over-played and dominate due to how overpowered they are?

not gonna lie, i'm very curious myself

I have to ask... What do you play mostly and what are these broken, overpowered specs you're referring too if its not Mirage and Boonbeast?

He's said it a few times before: He is a condi mirage main who believes that condi mirage is the highest skill build in game. He currently believes the most powerful classes in the game are core guard and rev because they can port and do damage.

butbut butbut but butshouldn't Condi mirage be owning those 2?Dying to core guard I can understand, they have a high burst if you facetank the damage but Mirage has mirage cloak and distortion and so on

You know, I would think the same thing but apparently there's this tier above legendary that we don't know about where revs and guards are so good that no condi mirage can stand against them.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Revenant gets some fun toys. Maybe a DPS increase for Herald in PvE, and possibly a buff for Renegade in pvp?

Oh! I'd love to see some traits and skills reworked. A few Renegade traits need some revision, in particular the grandmaster for Citadel Bombardment. And Herald shield could be revised a bit since it's useless outside hand kiting.

Could Renegade Spirits be made to not be CCed, so that a Renegade can enjoy its abilities in PvP and WvW?

Regardless, I look forward to Revenant changes!

@Ario.8964 said:

@incisorr.9502 said:It's the moment of truth

will arena net nerf a sub-50% win rate profession (mirage) only due to peer pressure from low elo and bad players and biased propaganda or will arena net nerf actually broken specs that are over-played and dominate due to how overpowered they are?

not gonna lie, i'm very curious myself

I have to ask... What do you play mostly and what are these broken, overpowered specs you're referring too if its not Mirage and Boonbeast?

He's said it a few times before: He is a condi mirage main who believes that condi mirage is the highest skill build in game. He currently believes the most powerful classes in the game are core guard and rev because they can port and do damage.

butbut butbut but butshouldn't Condi mirage be owning those 2?Dying to core guard I can understand, they have a high burst if you facetank the damage but Mirage has mirage cloak and distortion and so on

You know, I would think the same thing but apparently there's this tier above legendary that we don't know about where revs and guards are so good that no condi mirage can stand against them.

Actually, core-burst guard has a good chance to fight mirages, one time the mirage isn't aware of the guard the mirage just dies to the oneshot

I would love to know on which gamemode this balance patch is focus because i cant be a "general balance patch" because each gamemode has it own gameplay and mecanics (i mean playing vs pve or raids boss (computer script vs human) isnt the same as playing vs a guild/blob/roam format in WvW (human vs human) and Spvp (human vs human) ). As several number of people has ever told it , it need to be split in 3 sub balance patch to each gamemode. it increase the flexibility in skill balancing management for each gamemode.

@Kain Francois.4328 said:I hope Revenant gets some fun toys. Maybe a DPS increase for Herald in PvE, and possibly a buff for Renegade in pvp?

Oh! I'd love to see some traits and skills reworked. A few Renegade traits need some revision, in particular the grandmaster for Citadel Bombardment. And Herald shield could be revised a bit since it's useless outside hand kiting.

Could Renegade Spirits be made to not be CCed, so that a Renegade can enjoy its abilities in PvP and WvW?

Regardless, I look forward to Revenant changes!

To be honest, the biggest curse Revenant has in PvP is Shiro. It just provides do much mobility to whatever build that's It's nearly impossible to make a good build without Shiro :c

I recently managed to get Plat with SB/Staff Renegade, but again; I used Kalla and Shiro because there's no other mobility alternative. One guy got Legendary with that build and it's a lot of fun.On last Automated Tournaments people played Hybrid Herald that also used Shiro.The main PvP build uses Shiro and it barwy changed since 2015.

And I'm not saying that Shiro should be nerfed or deleted. But it clearly shows that Revenants are left with very little options to choose from when it comes to legends in PvP.Now, giving Renegade any buffs on PvP is very risky as all off its skills are a pretty big AoE and it can be very hard to Balance around it. My suggestion would be to play with traits, bring up other legends (Mallyx and Jalis) and we're cool.

My perfect version would be for every E-Spec having 3 trait choices that favor 1. Open World/Group WvW, 2. Raids, 3. PvP, so there is no traits that are totally useless, and there are plenty od those.

@kasoki.5180 said:

@Ruufio.1496 said:Balance patch is also delayed again. Hopefully they keep delaying it so that we can all go to CU without hesitation.

Where was it said that balance patch was delayed? Official statement refers to Warclaw only, no?

They won't do 2 patches in a row like that, it would be too much work. Only have so much time to work when you have so many vacation days, snow days and office closed days.

@Ruufio.1496 said:

@Ruufio.1496 said:Balance patch is also delayed again. Hopefully they keep delaying it so that we can all go to CU without hesitation.

Where was it said that balance patch was delayed? Official statement refers to Warclaw only, no?

They won't do 2 patches in a row like that, it would be too much work. Only have so much time to work when you have so many vacation days, snow days and office closed days.

I don't know... adding mounts seems the really big work, but the balance of skills and traits they just need to update and release it into our build and it's done, if they already made it during this time...

So i still hope the balance will still land.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

I don't know... adding mounts seems the really big work, but the balance of skills and traits they just need to update and release it into our build and it's done, if they already made it during this time...

ANet's offices are closed for 2 days because od the recent events with NCSoft, do I wouldn't expect Balance Patch today. There is an article about it on the Internet.

@DonArkanio.6419 said:

ANet's offices are closed for 2 days because od the recent events with NCSoft, do I wouldn't expect Balance Patch today. There is an article about it on the Internet.

I understand things are now uncertain for the ANet's employees... But creating anticipation in the PvP and PvE community by announcing a balance patch, and then not releasing it without even a single notice, would be a great way of instantly invalidating their prior statement:"First and foremost, we are still fully committed to all of our players and ongoing support of the game. "

So i hope you're wrong :(

@Profanity.6829 said:

I understand things are now uncertain for the ANet's employees... But creating anticipation in the PvP and PvE community by announcing a balance patch, and then not releasing it
without
even a single notice, would be a great way of instantly invalidating their prior statement:
"First and foremost, we are still fully committed to all of our players and ongoing support of the game. "

but they did give us notice. and also:"oh no, the horror, they delayed a patch by one week, this has never happened before in the history of gw, i guess the devs lied to us about still working on the game. RIP gw2"

@derd.6413 said:

I understand things are now uncertain for the ANet's employees... But creating anticipation in the PvP and PvE community by announcing a balance patch, and then not releasing it
without
even a single notice, would be a great way of instantly invalidating their prior statement:
"First and foremost, we are still fully committed to all of our players and ongoing support of the game. "

but they did give us notice. and also:

Didn't see that notice about the balance patch. Source?

It's not here :shttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/69643/an-update-on-the-release-of-the-warclaw#latestor herehttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/69249/update-from-arenanet#latest

Oh and update:

@derd.6413 said:"oh no, the horror, they delayed a patch by one week, this has never happened before in the history of gw, i guess the devs lied to us about still working on the game. RIP gw2"

It just annoys me when they announce something, state that they are still equally dedicated and then don't release. That said: of course. we can wait a week but we are all just very curious to see if and how they will address glaring PvP issues...

I'm a huge altoholic and for PvP I constantly experiment with new builds. Class/build versatility is what makes this game so great (vs e.g. WoW), exept only a few of these class/build are suited for Gold-T3+ ranked. For PvP, i'm tired and bored of the meta builds. There are so many core builds, elite specs, weapon sets that are completely neglected in this game and are so underperforming so that the 'Meta' player can so easily roll over you. Yes I want to seen what new build possibilities balance changes can bring.(but I'm probably expecting to much of a balance pacth ;) )

@Profanity.6829 said:

without

but they did give us notice. and also:"oh no, the horror, they delayed a patch by one week, this has never happened before in the history of gw, i guess the devs lied to us about still working on the game. RIP gw2"

It's not here :s
or here

https://www.mmorpg.com/guild-wars-2/news/arenanets-offices-closed-as-layoffs-begin-ahead-of-restructuring-1000051606

The emotional impact has been so strong that ArenaNet closed its offices today (25/02) and will remain closed tomorrow to give the remaining staff time to process the changes.

given that anet is closed today and they delayed the warclaw till next week it makes the most sense that they'll also release the balance patch next week. (plus it'd be weird if anet released the balance patch today and the warclaw next week)

@derd.6413 said:

without

It's not here :s
or here

The emotional impact has been so strong that ArenaNet closed its offices today (25/02) and will remain closed tomorrow to give the remaining staff time to process the changes.

given that anet is closed today and they delayed the warclaw till next week it makes the most sense that they'll also release the balance patch next week. (plus it'd be weird if anet released the balance patch today and the warclaw next week)

You would at least expect an update in this topic or in the announcement section at least...

@DonArkanio.6419 said:

Yeah but they made two separate threads...

One for warclaw and this one in the profession section about the balance patch.And they did announces the delay only of warclaw, but not balance patch.

I don't think releasing a build is that hard work if they already made the build itself.

It's the same as making a draw with photoshop and you just need to upload it online so can be downloaded...

But yeah, if they don't we will wait as always.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

One for warclaw and this one in the profession section about the balance patch.And they did announces the delay only of warclaw, but not balance patch.

I don't think releasing a build is that hard work if they already made the build itself.

It's the same as making a draw with photoshop and you just need to upload it online so can be downloaded...

Offices are just closed, how are they supposed to launch the patch? :disappointed:

@DonArkanio.6419 said:

Offices are just closed, how are they supposed to launch the patch? :disappointed:

It is possible.Like: YouTube.You can upload videos there but make them public a different time.So you can say, I upload this video today, but I want it to be visible for everyone next Saturday at 9am.

But that might require that this system already exists. And even though I hope the balance changes will come today, I don't have my hopes up

Speaking from some experience of the effects on morale of a large layoff right now it is without a doubt major a gut punch to those working at Anet and there will be a point of readjustment but hopefully the ship will right itself again from the great work and dedication of the people that are left. What I hope to see from the community is our support of the efforts , I'm not suggesting blind acceptance bad quality work but I am hoping a tendency to not go for the torches and pitchforks over something trivial, I understand the trolls will be trolls but the job for those of us that are more reasonable and realistic is not to feed the trolls by not supporting their arguments when when they are blatantly unreasonable or utterly misformed.

Yes and I still believe in Santa Claus too but I always go by the standard of expect the worst and hope for the best and sometimes, sometimes I can be pleasantly surprised.

Archived