Gaile Gray, where are you?

Lonecap.4105

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Joshhh.2076" said:From Twitter:

"Gaile Gray @GaileGray 10mI am sad to tell you that I am no longer an employee of ArenaNet. It's been a wonderful 18+ years, and I have appreciated every one of those years and every single one of the friends I made through the game. I wish everyone at ArenaNet a fantastic future -- I love you all."

:(That's... bad. Very bad. Much worse that i feared. With no voice it will be really hard now for Anet (or NCsoft, that seems to be in charge now) to persuade anyone that everything is still fine. Because it quite obviously isn't.

@Skotlex.7580 said:

@MetalGirl.2370 said:I don't know why you people seem surprised. She is not a dev and ofc they'd cut community people. I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same to Rubi.

It seems they really wanted to lay off as many people as they could afford to. Hopefully the core staff that actually work on the game are safe.Seeing some of the names among those laid off (like Josh Foreman and Benjamin Arnold) i wouldn't be so sure.

Even though for all of us the forums and the communication between players and ANet is very important, I can't help but feel forum goers are a minority of the game's population: they could ban every forum poster from the game and it wouldn't be felt.

Thus, we could state that all of us forum goers are expendable from NCsoft's view.They also laid off 2/3 of the web team, so it's possible the forum itself will go as well.

She was a great fan of GW 2 and I've heard many stories from streamers and others who visited ArenaNet of how nice she was and gave them a GW 1 figure and other merchandise of the series. She's been seen in the game many times with her Ranger who has a purple outfit and butterfly wings backpack, and she always responded to players that said "Hi!" to her in the game.

However, as great as Gaile is, she was the wrong person to manage the official GW 2 forum. Despite enforcing Anet's rules and policy she made many unprofessional choices and errors of judgment on her own, overstepped her boundaries, and defended those who were trolling the board or harassing other posters.

She was great on the art and fan-concept showcasing segments and I wish she could continue doing that.

Wherever she goes next, I hope she enjoys it.

If there were ever a scenario where NCSoft wanted to shoot themselves in the foot, this is it. I've invested a lot of time, money and relationships into Guild Wars 1 and 2. I will continue to play it and support the devs that created it. However, NCSoft will not be receiving support for any other IPs from me. How foolish do you have to be to take away the voice channel (community team employees) of your most profitable game?

@Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:So I guess the game is going in maintenance mode now like gw1 and thats probably it?

Well no. There are on the bright side, still approx 300 employees working on the game. Maintenance mode would have a handful and no content. Plus the game still generates revenue.

It will be a shaky few months for sure, but I don't think maintenance mode is on the horizon

Archived