Make a Russian Server, Already!

Asumir.1978

What it says. In Russian.Roll it out in the current software till you get all the text and voice acting done, but roll out a Russian server for WvW.It'd pull together all players who have anything to do with the language, and perhaps bring in fresh players.

I would kill to run with Russkis.(Ah, the carnage!)This would give EU ranks a real challenger, and Russian-speaking players a home of their own.It is time.

I'm all for that. A Finnish and Russian server and the third in the MU as spectators (like)!

And aury, I don't like your attitude. Those who speak different languages didn't ask for megaservers when most of them bought the game. And not all can really speak English. I know a lot of at least German players who are a bit older and didn't really have that much access to English as the youth nowadays has.

@Jana.6831 said:I'm all for that. A Finnish and Russian server and the third in the MU as spectators (like)!

Rock and roll!Sounds good. Kings in the North.

And aury, I don't like your attitude. Those who speak different languages didn't ask for megaservers when most of them bought the game. And not all can really speak English. I know a lot of at least German players who are a bit older and didn't really have that much access to English as the youth nowadays has.

It's about as arrogant as Europeans asking me why I speak English when I cannot speak their language.Mono-culture is so unfashionable.

While they’re at it I want a sign server, Dutch server, Portuguese server and a server for that little sausage factory in Tanganyika that my history teacher used to say existed.

I don’t care if the population of these places is smaller than that of a medium city or that it would fracture an already dwindling WvW population, I have iwantitis!

@apharma.3741 said:While they’re at it I want a sign server, Dutch server, Portuguese server and a server for that little sausage factory in Tanganyika that my history teacher used to say existed.

I don’t care if the population of these places is smaller than that of a medium city or that it would fracture an already dwindling WvW population, I have iwantitis!

Russian playerbase can be huge. It can also be comзletely cancerous due to amount of kids it contains, and usually requires russian localization. Because we don't speak dirty capitalist languages :P

@Wintermute.5408 said:Russian playerbase can be huge. It can also be comзletely cancerous due to amount of kids it contains, and usually requires russian localization. Because we don't speak dirty capitalist languages :PYou're already infiltrating the forums with russian letters! :o

@apharma.3741 said:While they’re at it I want a sign server, Dutch server, Portuguese server and a server for that little sausage factory in Tanganyika that my history teacher used to say existed.

The Dutch do need their own server. As for Portuguese, you will open up doors to big, beautiful Argentina. That little sausage factory may well have some devoted players as well. Bring them all in!

We don't have any Chinese players, or are they all hidden?Now THAT's a playerbase.

Joking aside, seriously, please make a Russian server.

@Wintermute.5408 said:Russian playerbase can be huge. It can also be comзletely cancerous due to amount of kids it contains, and usually requires russian localization. Because we don't speak dirty capitalist languages :P

The barriers mentioned by Wintermute above have to be taken into consideration. You will need to see what gaming companies catering to Russia go through in terms of security and moderation measures, pay for a good deal of translation and voice acting all over again, then sit with your finance department to see if the profit outweighs the cost, then throw out a standard, secured Beta until you get the language sorted.

The same applies to Chinese players, but you will have the same issues before you can put anything out there.

it would fracture an already dwindling WvW populationThis is like those comms who are afraid and therefore get angry when someone else tags up in map, presuming that people entering the map will not come to them . If you lead well, your team will stick to you, regardless of origin.

Fully blocked servers, population max. 40-50 people queues on prime time.Can't move or transfer to any of the 'Big Fleet'. What dwindling population?Oh, the smaller servers which are waiting to be filled? That's for the marketing (and coding!) department to understand that WvW is where they can actually have people constantly return to the game, not just PvE.

WvW is the real in-game community builder in Guild Wars 2. It builds groups, it builds loyalties, regardless of the chat-fights.

Let people who have a good playerbase run together in their own language. People normally feel more comfortable speaking their own language, and bilingual education is a luxury.

Archived