Upcoming Balance Notes

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excited about the ele changes even though I never play tempest anymore.

I can't say that any of these will really directly impact the builds that I play, but they seem like pretty interesting changes at least. I do play condi mirage sometimes though, so that worries me a bit. And I feel bad for the chronos. Looks like core guard Valk builds may suffer a little bit and boonbeast may more problematic but I'm not sure how many stances they use for their build. The changes for rev song sound good.

I think more frequent changes like this would really help to keep people interested, and I think there's still quite a few skills that could see a little love or reengineering. But all in all, it's a glimmer of hope amidst everything that's going on, and thank you for the detailed update. It's communication like this that I and I think many others have been desperately craving more of.

Thanks for your communication. It’s appreciated.

Three thoughts:

• It’s been years and core elementalist is drastically out-gunned. Yet nothing is being done. This signals to me that nobody at Anet cares. We know somebody at anet likes Tempest, because they publicly confirmed it. Interesting that only tempest is getting buffs. I’d love to see D/D Ele love.
  • Alert alert..... P/D teef memories resurfacing. Please don’t make it completely busted like it once was. I remember P/D quaggan tonic cheese thief. Dear god. Please never again.
  • Some of these changes look really good, some look questionable. The changes will shake out as this rolls out and the meta refreshes.

Ty for the informations. Rip condi mirage what is a good thing but i would like to see more nerfs to bunker chrono so all carried by condi mirage player don't just switch to equally carrying and ez to play bunker chrono. Inspiration- and Chaosline should get nerfed they both lower the skill need remarkable on mesmer no matter what build. I also would add scepter nerfs, this weapon is busted even though it has counterplay. Soemtimes the mesmer is still delayed in stealth so you cannot target and interrupt the sc3 cast and the reworked blocks on sword offhand and scepter 2 are somehow busted with the evade frame added and the short cd, in particular on scepter 2.

The power reaper and herald PvE "buff" are laughable. The power reaper didn't even gain a significant buff, and for some reason you think power reapers use any of those shouts whose marginal damage you buffed by 40% (40% of nothing is still nothing).

The power herald ones are even more pathetic. You nerfed the consistency of power herald in the 10% damage modifier only to gain a 2.5% damage buff under ideal raid settings (and a nerf everywhere else) plus a slight compensation to shackling wave to mitigate the nerf it suffered.

Power herald and reaper didn't need <5% damage buffs, these specs are behind by as much as 5-6k DPS from the competition; that is, more than 20-30% behind the other top power specs.

The Tempest "buffs" are also marginal and won't see them in a support spot over a druid when it gained a handful of low duration boons on some gimmick shout skills that barely have benefit in PvE.

The patch notes don't fail to disappoint. All you did was nerf druid, chrono, and guardian. Meanwhile daredevils remain as busted as they are for how braindead they are to play in PvE, and somehow it's the mirage's dodge duration that is the problem when you have a thief spec with 3 dodges and massive endurance recharge doing top level DPS by just autoattacking things with the occasional dodge.

@Lexan.5930 said:Thank you for the open communication and all the preview changes. Im looking forward to how this will change the meta in wvw and PvP.Thank you for the reaper buffs but how.is a 3 second timmer going to be balanced with the new trait for scourge? How much physical and Condi damage is it going to spit out to be the same as a normal shroud activtion? Also how many boons are going to be corrupted?Im excited fornthe gameplay change im also worried that its going to be lackluster as as single person using it and be crazy strong in large groups say wvw where 5 scourges can drop a whooe group with shroud bombs

Yea, I'm afraid it's going to be too weak, in addition to being easily dodged, with a 3 second telegraph.If that is the case, it's just yet another Necro corruption Trait/skill being ruined, with something else being run instead.And if it's a reasonable nuke with mass corrupt, low skill players not dodging it will cry to the heavens until it is nerfed, while also being problematic in Zergs.

But we will see.

Have to say... I am REALLY excited about the Scrapper Gyro rework, now to see it in action to get the fell for it. As for the spirit rework it's really interesting, and a great thing, because I had so many times where I forgot to pop the spirits as we moved on in fractals and had to wait till the CD was done to summon them again. The ability to summon them to the spot is really nice. The banner change is really nice as well... Because I accidentally grab them while fighting KC and wonder why I ain't doing much damage.

Nice job!

@Nakkers.8635 said:Have to say... I am REALLY excited about the Scrapper Gyro rework, now to see it in action to get the fell for it. As for the spirit rework it's really interesting, and a great thing, because I had so many times where I forgot to pop the spirits as we moved on in fractals and had to wait till the CD was done to summon them again. The ability to summon them to the spot is really nice. The banner change is really nice as well... Because I accidentally grab them while fighting KC and wonder why I ain't doing much damage.

Nice job!

Scrapper bots work like scourge shroud. Pop skill and get mobile field and effects for a certain amount of time.Spirit changes will.make high mobility raids super nice.Banner changes seem pretty cool and OMG i wont pick them up any more thank God!

@Lexan.5930 said:

@Nakkers.8635 said:Have to say... I am REALLY excited about the Scrapper Gyro rework, now to see it in action to get the fell for it. As for the spirit rework it's really interesting, and a great thing, because I had so many times where I forgot to pop the spirits as we moved on in fractals and had to wait till the CD was done to summon them again. The ability to summon them to the spot is really nice. The banner change is really nice as well... Because I accidentally grab them while fighting KC and wonder why I ain't doing much damage.

Nice job!

Scrapper bots work like scourge shroud. Pop skill and get mobile field and effects for a certain amount of time.Spirit changes will.make high mobility raids super nice.Banner changes seem pretty cool and OMG i wont pick them up any more thank God!

Why you do that

@Nakkers.8635 said:

Nice job!

Why you do that

Lol. Trying to makemit easy to understand. Necro wells are cast and forget so they dont work as well in PvP but scrapper can move with them so theres gonna be even more self buffing and finshers and combos and effects in melee for a melee class ><

The 0.75s Dodge for Mirage is going to effectively kill the spec in PvE, PvP, and WW and usher in a flood of Chronomancers both Power and Condition Chronomancers. Taking Mirage is akin to taking Daredevil except you don't get a third dodge. Other changes are generally good such as " Imaginary Axes: Reduced the amount of torment stacks applied in PvP and WvW from 3 to 1. This skill can no longer be used on targets behind the mesmer."

and " • Cry of Pain: The number of confusion stacks that this trait allows Cry of Frustration to apply has been decreased from 2 to 1 in all game modes.• Ineptitude: The confusion duration of this trait has been reduced from 3 seconds to 2 seconds in PvP and WvW."

Like those are generally excellent changes and I've personally advocate for some nerfs for those traits.

But the 0.75 dodge duration. How about we just give Daredevils 2 dodges? 3 Dodge rolls is clearly no longer necessary.

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

@DeceiverX.8361 said:Okay, we're about halfway there seeing some attempts of reverting to normalcy after the PoF powercreep despite soulbeast and holo still being massively overtuned. Silent Scope nerfs are good, but DE still camps stealth via D/P to abuse the busted MBS damage, and TRB spamming is about all rifle can do now. But baby steps I guess.

But...

Repeater: For builds that use a pistol in their main hand with no off-hand weapon, the damage of this skill has been increased by 20%. Striking a foe with this skill now applies 4 seconds of bleeding per hit.

You guys really hate power D/D thief that much to apparently buff Pistol/Nothing before making power D/D usable in the PvP modes?

It's to make RP builds viable in PvE. He said to look at the whole of Tyria with these changes!

D:

Well, if you read the note above it, it actually explains why they buffed that skill. For reference:

• Shadow Strike: This skill now grants access to Repeater for 4 seconds upon landing a successful melee hit.• Repeater: For builds that use a pistol in their main hand with no off-hand weapon, the damage of this skill has been increased by 20%. Striking a foe with this skill now applies 4 seconds of bleeding per hit.

Despite your claim PVE rev buffs are completely useless, Why is it so hard to just give flat out huge buff or something, instead of making all the fiddly situational 2.5% buffs when it is so obviously behind everything for so long. Yet you guys just keep doing it for years for rev.

With all the stuffs going on anet and years worth of continous mistreatment for the class I've lost pretty much all hope from balance department.

I really want to be excited for these Tempest buffs, but it's just not enough.

I haven't used Tempest ever since the killing nerf of Wash The Pain Away all those years ago, and I've never given warhorn a second look.

I want to use warhorn, and I want to play Tempest again. But it's still just too weak.

Regardless, buffs are buffs and it's still appreciated. Thank you for responding to us, and thank you for buffing Tempest, even if it's everso slightly.

Suggestions for next time: buff Wash the Pain Away's healing power back up to how it used to be.

Most of these changes, in particular the gyro one seems interesting, I'd like to see the new warrior banners in action, but I am puzzled by it, as it reads as if most of the banners had their benefits Reduced overall, and so wont be quite as attractive, I was mostly hoping for their active skills to be made more desirable to encourage them to be carried,

Seems like some necro buffs, which is pretty much appreciated,

• serpent siphon still seems a bit underpowered
  • desicate seems like a nice change
  • herald of sorrow: I don't know, sounds very interesting but really depends how it's done in-game

-sadly no focus rework-no further deathmagic rework

BUT in general:I really appreciate telling us the changes in advance, cause that might prevent some unintended things to go live. And also feels pretty nice, as it seems we finally get more communication happening :)

Thumbs up!!!

Archived