hammer guard

Amityel.5324

Its fun. Hit a necro for 7k tonight. But definitely not OP. Its got good burst but has to be carefully managed. But I went down pretty quick when I got focused (of course, I have a ton of L2P opportunities). Fun when things get messy and confused or when you manage to land a 5k-6k crit on a downed guy and the two trying to revive him.

Honestly, my favorite moment wasn't even the damage. It was when a teammate went down so I Hammer 4 the guy trying to stomp him then dropped Hammer 5 and revived him in peace while I watched 2-3 guys run into my wall and fall down. Course, I play in scrub tiers because I'm a scrub. Still though. Fun.

This is what I'm using, I think its straight outta Metabattle. Shouldn't be too weak to condi because of Smite and CoP

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAS8dnkICVDhlDBeDB8DhjBi6etNQFkPwVsBtBQ12mA-jpBHQBA4BAAw9Ha2BBQcHBgAeBAYSZAA

Why is it that every time guardian gets a little spike people soil their panties and scream for nerfs? You give up a ton of survivability for the ability to WWE smackdown someone who's unaware. If a player sees you coming you're not going to get your burst off, you're not going to do a 7-10k crit and you're probably not going to live very long as plenty of other builds will out sustain you.

At that, I've been playing it and it's pretty dang fun.

@Syktek.7912 said:Why is it that every time guardian gets a little spike people soil their panties and scream for nerfs? You give up a ton of survivability for the ability to WWE smackdown someone who's unaware. If a player sees you coming you're not going to get your burst off, you're not going to do a 7-10k crit and you're probably not going to live very long as plenty of other builds will out sustain you.

At that, I've been playing it and it's pretty dang fun.

Yeah I love the build, although I don't use hammer. To be honest though, it is nigh impossible to dodge the Mighty Blow if its used with Judge's Intervention, if you pre-load, the onus really is on the guardian not to miss, rather than the defender to dodge. Having said that though, I think its completely reasonable having that kind of damage.

@Vagrant.7206 said:Hammer guard has a lot of obvious tells. Pretty easy to dodge if you know what to look for.

Most players cant tell the big attacks. It is usually the autoattack or some other filler attacks that caught ppl off-guard. It is not normal to see builds that hit this hard with AA.

You kinda need to kite very carefully against this build. As a mesmer main, I fear the greatsword version way more. It is very hard to shatter on them as all clones die in 1 hit.

Archived