Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Problem with large squads that needs attention


LucianDK.8615

Recommended Posts

The option to not show player names does not work in squads.

For large squads It is litterally impossible to see what goes on in melee range due to the big blob of blue names on screen. I usually tend to leave the squad, as then the names properly disappear and you can actually see whats going on on the screen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

In the options, you can tick off "show all player names" in the options. Once this is done, the player name appears only if you select a player. This is not exactly the same than what you would like to have, but at least, there is an option available that you can tick off for the time you are in the squad and tick on later again if you wish so.

Hope this helps.

Edited for update: I corrected my start wording "kind reminder" that led to a misunderstanding. Sorry for any offense. There was no intention of condescendence.Also in the meantime, I learnt that to tick off the option does not work. Just ignore my reply.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@"Dreamy Lu.3865" said:Kind reminder: You can tick off "show all player names" in the options. Once this is done, the player name appears only if you select a player. This is not exactly the same than what you would like to have, but at least, there is an option available that you can tick off for the time you are in the squad and tick on later again if you wish so.

Hope this helps.

That doesn't work for squads. I've had that option unticked since day one but if I'm in a squad all the names still show, all the time.

It would be fantastic if it did work for squads. I can kind of understand having party members names show regardless of settings because that's only 4 other people, but with a squad it can overwhelm everything else on screen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@"Dreamy Lu.3865" said:Kind reminder: You can tick off "show all player names" in the options. Once this is done, the player name appears only if you select a player. This is not exactly the same than what you would like to have, but at least, there is an option available that you can tick off for the time you are in the squad and tick on later again if you wish so.

Hope this helps.

You mean this option? The only option that should turn off all player names, that does not work in Squads/parties.

NmSJ265.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Dreamy Lu.3865 said:

@"Haleydawn.3764" said:You mean this option? The only option that
should
turn off
all
players name, that does not work in Squads/parties.

I honestly thought it is working. It is true that I had never tried it myself, so my bad for that. I apologize for my error. However that's no reason for playing the "one who knows" treating those who don't know with irony.

But it’s ok treating other players that do know, hence the topic, as idiots, with condescending input.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My posting was misinterpreted. I did apologize. I am not native English speaking and have now learnt that a wording I believed to be a politeness form "kind reminder" is "condescending". I realize how risky it is to be misinterpreted and create a trouble. I am not sure I will dare to post again. Will stay a reader though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@"Dreamy Lu.3865" said:My posting was misinterpreted. I did apologize. I am not native English speaking and have now learnt that a wording I believed to be a politeness form "kind reminder" is "condescending". I realize how risky it is to be misinterpreted and create a trouble. I am not sure I will dare to post again. Will stay a reader though.

I can understand why this would be confusing for a non-native English speaker. The problem is that calling it a reminder implies that everyone you're speaking to must have known this information - that it's so obvious there's no way we could not have known and must have only forgotten. Calling it a kind reminder also implies that you're doing us a favour by telling us when you really shouldn't have to. Overall it makes it sound like we're being stupid (or we are stupid), but you're too nice to say so - but are willing to say how nice you're being. (The fact that you were wrong didn't help the situation either.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...